New WDCC Collector, what do you collect?

Hello everyone,

I have just joined this group really to chat about WDCC. I am a very new collector in the UK & i have bought 4 pieces in the last week. i have seen these for many years but never had the money until now to start collecting.

I bought:

Snow white ' the fairest one of all '
    Dopey & Sneezy 'Dancing partners'
    Prince & snow white 'Wishing for the one i love'

I am totally crazy about disney & collecting & just cant wait to collect more.

what do you collect? what figurines have you got & where from? love to talk about these pieces, with only just collecting i dont have much information on them so would ove to chat with any other collector!

the next pieces i want are Pinocchio pieces!

Re: New WDCC Collector, what do you collect?

Just to show everyone, these are the pictures of the pieces i bought:

Snow white 'the fairest one of all'

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/dancingsnowwhite_small.jpg

Dopey & Sneezy 'dancing partners'

http://www.castlechina.com/pictures/...g_Partners.jpg

Prince & snow white 'wishing for the one i love'

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/tt1o_small.jpg

all from ebay & all are just perfect! i have had some bad dealings with retailers over here in England, so I am very careful who i buy from now.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-05-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: hotlinked pictures removed

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yes, you can find some deals on ebay. Only the real limited pieces have held their value, pretty much all others have dropped substantially in value. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the economy. You pick an interesting time to start collecting WDCC pieces, just as the entire line appears to be at the end of it's run.

LOL that just me, always pick the worst time! I am really interested in these, i just love them, i would have collected them years ago if i had the cash its only now that i can start to buy them.

its amazing some of the prices out there, the price i have paid for the snow white items i have bought were so good. i have just bought a lot of pinocchio items from someone in the UK.

am sure the prices will come back up again one day, the best thing for me is i buy because i love disney & the pieces i buy mean a lot to me. i have never bought because of value only ecause i like the item. i am a true collector!

got the buying bug again today, woke to a package containing 4 green WDCC boxes i bought :

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/2007snowwhitedopey_small.jpg

a sweet send off

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/1232440%20Bashful%20It%20Ain%27t%20No%20Trick_smal l.jpg

Bashful 'It aint no trick'

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/1232446%20Happy%20Dig%20Dig%20Dig_small.jpg

Happy 'dig, dig, dig'

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/1232434%20Sneezy%20To%20Get%20Rich%20Quick_small.j pg

Sneezy 'to get rich quick'

All are stunning, i just love them, i only need Grumpy, Doc, Dopey & sleepy for the full set.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-05-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: hotlinked pictures removed

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm into the Fantasia 2000 pieces. I'm not sure why they captured my interest, but they did. The Firebird Suite in particular is a favorite of mine. The pieces are just beautiful.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'm into the Fantasia 2000 pieces. I'm not sure why they captured my interest, but they did. The Firebird Suite in particular is a favorite of mine. The pieces are just beautiful.
    I can see why you are so attracted to these beautiful pieces, very eye catching & different. i like so many its scary i have to tell myself to stop! so iam only collecting a few classics at a time then when i have what i want in one i will move on to the next!

I have a number of WDCC sculptures brand new in original boxes with authenticity papers... Many Fantasia, Cinderella, Bambi, Mickey, what are you looking for? I'd love to sell them to someone who appreciates them.

Quote Originally Posted by BZWDCCowner View Post
    I have a number of WDCC sculptures brand new in original boxes with authenticity papers... Many Fantasia, Cinderella, Bambi, Mickey, what are you looking for? I'd love to sell them to someone who appreciates them.
    Hi,

At the moment i am looking for many pieces in Pinocchio, Snow white, Beauty & beast but you could always send me a alist of your items your selling to [email protected]

i would be happy to hear from anyone who is selling items!
    thanks mark

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

ahhhh, yes. I loved the Donald and Daisy piece for F2000. Oh, and of course Yoyo Flamingo!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    ahhhh, yes. I loved the Donald and Daisy piece for F2000. Oh, and of course Yoyo Flamingo!
    Which is of course the LE one!

I have the Main Street Electrical Parade pieces, The Pirate Captain and Auctioneer ($20!), Brer Rabbit, Dream Finder and Figment (which unfortunately broke - poor Figment's leg is glued back on), and we bought several of the Small World pieces from Marshall's - Ireland, Eskimo, Holland, and the Hippo.

My eye is of course on the flamingo, but also the new Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox figure coming out too...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yoyo, I was thinking about you, with my last post

And that piece is rather fragile, too, from what I've heard.

Several years ago, they had a couple different WDCC pieces show up at Costco/PriceClub. I picked up a Brer Rabbit back then

Hi All, Look what i bought today.......................

http://www.getandcollect.nl/sculptureimages/foulfellow2_small.jpg

my first piece from Pinocchio, he is totally perfect & what a great piece am over the moon with him! totally hooked with these now
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-07-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed

Cool! They really are beautiful. My favorite from that collection would be the Sprite - then again, the Sprite that Armani did is truly the winner in that category. Too bad she's so price-prohibitive...
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails