Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: New Olszewski Collector Here - Have Questions!!

Get on the Olszewski Studios mailing list as they periodically run surveys to see which Main Street pieces collectors need to fill out their collections. They will also send out emails alerting when certain pieces are back in stock at Disneyland.

Since we were brainstorming within this very thread about what a final completed Disneyland might look like, I thought I would post some info on that Ray recently sent me. I'm hoping he doesn't mind me posting this, but it didn't seem like info they were trying to keep quiet.

Basically I asked him if they were planning far enough ahead to know what the overall park size would be if they did get the chance to complete it all. I was somewhat surprised that they were indeed planning that far ahead already. He told me that based on current plans, if they should get the opportunity to do the entire park, it would be approximately 11 feet in length and 9 feet wide. He also said that much like the actual park - it would not be a rectangle shape, the platforms would form to something much closer to the actual shape of the park. But at its greatest length - it would be 11 feet, and at its greatest width it would be 9. Given that we already know Main Street plus Fantasyland is 9 feet - I take this as possibly meaning that they do intend on including Toon Town if they get that far. It is also interesting that the width of Frontierland/Adventureland/New Orleans Square's section of the overall park would be no more than around 3 and a half feet (and the same for Tomorrowland) given the width of Main Street.

Anyways, I found this all fascinating to think about and thought I would share with the board.

Great information...thanks for the insight! According to your comments, it seems that 3 and a half feet for Adventureland/Frontierland/New Orleans Square might be a bit crowded? Seeing as how Main Street is 30" wide, would you have preferred more space given to the other lands?

I was actually expecting it be about 9 feet wide. I actually think that width will work fine. If they didn't do some compression on the actual size of the park for those sections the park would be ridiculously large. It is all exciting to think about. I do wish we were getting at least 2 main new rides/buildings per year rather the 1 things have slowed down to. I would have a lot more hope at actually getting through the entire park.

I am SO excited to get a glimpse of a completed Story Book Land. I am hoping for that this weekend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234