Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pinocchio Availability

I recently ordered the Snow White piece through Delivears. I live in Michigan. They first looked at sending one from California - the price was over $80 for shipping! Then they looked at sending one from Florida and it dropped to closer to $30 - which is about what I usually get quoted on the preorders.

I have no idea why the shipping is so high coming from Disneyland to Michigan through Delivears, particularly when it is always reasonable on preorders.

So I guess as long as they allocate some pieces to Disney World, I'll be okay!

One thing that may help, especially in regards to taxes and shipping fees, is using your Disney Visa card, assuming you have one. The discount is usually enough to handle the shipping.

Olszewski just sent out an email connecting to Cindy's site and the report is Pinocchio is in production in China and even IF there is a sell out at the convention, pieces will be back in stock by October. May want to check her site as she has more information on first-day issue plaque availability. Also, I think she may have buried her lead a little bit in terms of what pieces will be previewed at the show.

By the by, Bob is also asking for people attending D23 to send in their pictures.

My Disney VISA usually covers shipping during the pre-sale events, not so much if it's a regular stocked item in the parks.

Man, reading all the buzz around the D23 expo has just firmed up my resolve to make it out there in 2013.

I wonder if they'll be taking pre-orders for the Fantasyland Platform too. Bob's email suggested that ordering was pushed back to a later date.

I definitely always use my Disney Visa on preorder and Delivears purchases. It does usually cover the shipping. Though it certainly wouldn't have covered $85 shipping. That was going to be a little hard to swallow right after getting several pieces with free shipping AND a 20% discount.

The shipping charges through DelivEARs bothers me as it seems the company is trying to make a profit off of postage. I sell through Ebay and always just charge exact costs.

Yeah, I think the Platform is going to be previewed with down payments to follow in a few more weeks. At least, that is the impression I am left with by the emails from Bob. We'll see in a few hours... hopefully!

Cindy just tweeted that Pinocchio pieces were still in stock at the Dream store. Hopefully, online ordering is coming soon...

Great news. Is it too much to hope for orders going up in the next 24 hours, I wonder?

Be curious to see how much will be allocated for sale at the parks as well. Just glad to know they did not sell out at the convention.

Mark your calendars! The Art of Disney Parks will be offering the Pinocchio piece on or around September 6th! Keep checking the website for more info....

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Mark your calendars! The Art of Disney Parks will be offering the Pinocchio piece on or around September 6th! Keep checking the website for more info....
    You're the man, Forest. Thanks for the head's up.

To all those avid Olszewski Collectors who are seeking the latest Pinocchio's Daring Journey, an announcement will be made about its online ordering availability and at the Parks' stores. Watch for it and to make sure you received Olszewski Studios' periodic emails, please your information current at the website www.olszewskistudios.com/contactus.php.

---------- Post added 08-23-2011 at 11:40 AM ----------

To all those avid Olszewski Collectors who are seeking the latest Pinocchio's Daring Journey, an announcement will be made about its online ordering availability. Watch for it and to make sure you received Olszewski Studios' periodic emails, please your information current at the website www.olszewskistudios.com/contactus.php.

Thank you Ray!!!

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Just a reminder that the Pinocchio piece is now available for online ordering. It took a few minutes for me to get through, but they still had some. They indicate shipping around 9/14. Typical discounts still for AP, Disney Visa, C33, etc.

The Art of Disney Parks

Yes, a little slower than normal, but ordered!

I was teaching until 20 minutes after the on sale, so I just had to hope for the best. The system was fast when I got on and still had some available so all is good. Man - the Disney Visa discount really paid off on this one ($42.50!) and I am always surprised by how cheap shipping is on these presales. $19 for a fairly large piece. If I were to order the same piece from Delivears in California after this sale was over the shipping would be around $100.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast