Olszewski - Disneyland Main Street USA Collection - Prices

Hoping that some of you collectors out there can help me with this.

I had a friend of mine go to the Disneyland Resort for me a couple weeks ago to pick up the Central Plaza piece and was somewhat surprised by the price for the piece.

According to the Olszewski webiste. That piece had an original retail price of $95.00. Which I think is more than fair for that piece.

However, the Disneyland Gallery right there on Main Street has a price of $150.00 for that piece currently.

Does this type of thing happen alot where a piece is released with a certain price and then for whatever reason that price goes up?

Hope someone can explain this to me. I really dont have a problem paying the $150.00. I'm just a little surprised to see the change in price.

Look forward to any and all replies that I may get about this. Good Luck with your collecting everyone!!

Re: Olszewski - Disneyland Main Street USA Collection - Prices

While the original price may have been $90, the price list I got in July from Travis shows a price of $150. I know the labor issues in China have driven to prices up on the whole collection as new pieces are manufactured and the older pieces are reissued. It's an expensive but highly enjoyable hobby collecting them.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

I believe the Central Plaza was a very early piece (2nd or 3rd?) likely in 2003ish. So, there have been several years worth of inflation adjustments as well, I think. I also remember reading somewhere that materials costs, such as resin, have risen too. So, the increase probably makes sense.

You can watch ebay and sometimes get a good deal on the Olszewski pieces. For example, I picked up my Central Plaza a couple years ago for about $90. The popcorn cart had a very small (almost unnoticeable) chip on the top but it was othewise a good piece.

Generally, it's best to pick up the pieces going forward as they are released, especially if you have an AP or a Disney Visa and can get the 10% discount.

You can also call Disneyland DelivEARs (1-800-362-4533) and they can ship items to you. I've picked up quite a few that way since I'm out of state. However, I've heard the shipping prices have gone way up lately so that may not be the best route. The Disney Store sometimes has some of the more popular pieces and they will have free shipping or 10-20% discounts from time to time.

Good luck!

Most of the pieces that were released more than a couple years ago have gone up in price since their initial release. Prices tend to change as Disney runs out of stock and orders more pieces to be produced. Cost of production has gone up due to a number of factors (labor costs, price of oil, inflation) so the cost of the pieces go up as well. Many of the older pieces have seen prices go up 30-60 dollars (maybe more for the castle, which came out almost a decade ago).

• Seeker of Fun

So there's re-releases of pieces? I'd like to start collecting, but some of them I can't seem to find?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Yes, Olszewski Studios does re-releases of Main Street pieces! Get on their mailing list to get updates as to what pieces may be coming down the pipe....

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Yes, Olszewski Studios does re-releases of Main Street pieces! Get on their mailing list to get updates as to what pieces may be coming down the pipe....
    Awesome! Thanks!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!