Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fantasyland Platform Update

Just got notice from Ray that the Fantasyland platform required some alterations prior to production. Actual orders are expected to begin in about a month! Looking forward to this so I can pull all the Fantasyland pieces out of the boxes and finally have them on permanent display. Don't know how I'll manage it, but I am determined to connect the two bases together....

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Re: Fantasyland Platform Update

That's awesome you have the horizontal space to do the platforms. I'm jealous I'm happy with the bookcase option, but those platforms just look so amazing.

Yes, Dr. G...it's going to be a challenge to make room for the connecting bases. I may even have to cut a hole in wall to make more room....LOL!

I might have some space issues too, but somehow, someway, I want to make it happen. I just cannot imagine it any other way.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the developments.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I have the mainstreet platform in storage now, that thing was huge. Want to buy a special Disney Room that ever expands

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

I have this weird feeling that 75% of the Main Street platforms are in various storage lockers across the country...
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I have this weird feeling that 75% of the Main Street platforms are in various storage lockers across the country...
    Potentially true. I am actually turning my guest bedroom into my Disney room for the Olszewskis, but man, floor space is tough...

I haven't heard any news on the Fantasyland platform orders in a really long time. I didn't miss it did I?

Nope, Ray mentioned they were making adjustments to the original design after hearing comments from collectors. He could not commit to an actual ordering date at the moment.

Thanks! Good to know. It had been a while since I heard anything. I was assuming it was just delayed, but I started getting a little nervous that I had missed something.

Me too, but in a way, I'm glad for the delay. Little more time to save up for it of course.

We have an update on the platform (among other news) via Twitter. Apparently, preorders for the Fantasyland platform will begin in February with delivery projected for May.

There's a LOT more news incoming, though so stand by.

Well, the day we have been waiting for has finally arrived.

About an hour and a half ago, I got an email announcing preorders for the Fantasyland Platform base had opened up. I will not quote the entire email here, but they will only produce 100 initially with plans to ship in July. Down payment of 197.50 to confirm the order toward the full payment of 395.00

Orders can be placed at Disney Fantasyland Collection by Olszewski

More information on the platform can be found at olszewski disney fantasyland collection.

For anyone wondering, preliminary final release plans for Fantasyland are Storybook Land in Fall of 2012, Fantasyland Marquee in early 2013, Fantasyland Accessory Pack #1 in late 2013, King Arthur Carousel in 2013 and the Skyway Chalet in 2014. All dates subject to change.

Got mine ordered! I'm assuming orders are still in the first 100. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Dumbo piece to Michigan without paying $85 in shipping.

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 05:08 AM ----------

I notice they did charge me the shipping cost with the down payment (at least according to my email confirmation). I'm not really concerned about that, but wondering if I did something wrong during the order. Anyone else ordered yet?

Quote Originally Posted by schnoogans37 View Post
    Got mine ordered! I'm assuming orders are still in the first 100. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Dumbo piece to Michigan without paying $85 in shipping.

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 05:08 AM ----------

I notice they did charge me the shipping cost with the down payment (at least according to my email confirmation). I'm not really concerned about that, but wondering if I did something wrong during the order. Anyone else ordered yet?
    I ordered yesterday as well and a shipping charge of $0.00 (local pickup) was added. Chances are that will be changed over time based on both weight and number of packages. Remember, it's three boxes this time, not just one.

And, pardon my bluntness, but $85 shipping for DUMBO? Is that through Disney? That's insane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast