Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• World Traveler

Lowell Smith CK Holliday Locomotive

I saw this announced on Facebook.

Lowell Smith who has made N scale miniatures of the Lilly Belle consist, is will be making a CK Holliday locomotive. It's the perfect size for the Olszewski displays!

Here's a link to the website with a photo of the locomotive:

The CK Holliday - Commissioned by the Walt Disney Company

Name:  ckh1.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  87.5 KB

Re: Lowell Smith CK Holliday Locomotive

Oh, that is a gem. Be a wonderful addition to the collection. Any word on passenger cars or will it be just the locomotive? Either way, one I'd proudly add.

I believe it will be the whole set. This link shows one of the prototypes on the Olszewski platform currently on display at Disneyland.

Disney Railroads Discussion Board • View topic - Disney Train exhibit at the Disneyland Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyC View Post
    I believe it will be the whole set. This link shows one of the prototypes on the Olszewski platform currently on display at Disneyland.

Disney Railroads Discussion Board • View topic - Disney Train exhibit at the Disneyland Gallery
    Thanks for the update and the link to that post. The Holiday and its cars look tremendous in those shots and I for one cannot wait to add them to my collection. Finally, a new addition to my Main Street platform.

One small complaint, and this is no one's 'fault', mind you. If they are doing the Holiday, I really wish Olszewski also had the Frontierland/NOS station ready to go as well, since that was the Holiday's 'home berth' as of 1955. No problem, just put the Holiday on the spur track, just like they did in '55.

A small note, and I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but according to Bob Olszewski's website, Tree Accessory Pack #4 (the free standing trees for Main Street) has been cancelled. Curious to see if those free trees will be folded into future accessory packs or not.

Cannot wait for whatever is to come next. Cannot wait.

• Yay Mickey!!

This is exactly what the doctor ordered. Now I will not need to kit bash an existing 4-4-0 into the the CK. Sure hope this will be available through Mail Order. Any rumblings when this will be available?

-Justin

Last report had the CK Holiday coming out in either May or June of this year. Frankly, I would not mind a slip to July so its release is closer to the projected release of the last wave of the MSEP, but we'll see.

Stay tuned, though, we should have an announcement of an upcoming Olszewski release soon. *knock wood*

• Yay Mickey!!

From Lowell Smith's Facebook page on 6/9/2012, the availability of "CK Holiday" locomotive is coming very soon. What I find interesting is he calls the locomotive. Just speculation, perhaps there will not be entire train set, just the locomotive and tender.

-Justin

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysImagination View Post
    From Lowell Smith's Facebook page on 6/9/2012, the availability of "CK Holiday" locomotive is coming very soon. What I find interesting is he calls the locomotive. Just speculation, perhaps there will not be entire train set, just the locomotive and tender.

-Justin
    That's disappointing if true. Don't get me wrong, I love having the Holiday engine and tender, but with no cars behind it, it's kind of... incomplete.

I would imagine the real big problem in terms of sales now is finding a good slot for it now. We're so close to the reopening of DCA now that the Holiday would get hurt if they released it in June. I might suggest holding on and releasing it in July, maybe close to the 17th if they can. We'll see, won't we?

Thanks for the update, I was just wondering about this.

• Yay Mickey!!

Today Lowell Smith gave a heads up for the Lilly Belle locomotive and that to look for its availability next month. This is part of the Carolwood series.

-Justin

• Yay Mickey!!

A further update as of July 3rd. Lowell Smith indicates he has spoken with Disney and the C.K. Holiday could be on shelves within 6 weeks.

A further update as of July 3rd. Lowell Smith indicates he has spoken with Disney and the C.K. Holiday could be on shelves within 6 weeks.

Thanks for the update Justin. I keep checking back here for any updates on this train. Any idea if we'll be able to purchase it via phone order?

• Yay Mickey!!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Any idea if we'll be able to purchase it via phone order?
    Nothing official regarding mail order or a release event. Though if I were to venture a guess, we should be able to order through Mail Order Guest Service (formerly DelivEARs).

-Justin

Nothing official regarding mail order or a release event. Though if I were to venture a guess, we should be able to order through Mail Order Guest Service (formerly DelivEARs).

-Justin

Thanks Justin! Keep us posted if you hear any further updates. Don't want to miss out on this piece.

Hello folks,

Newbie here to the forum and to the Wonderful World of Olszewski Disneyland miniatures! I'm learning new things about these miniatures every day. So, in keeping with that, I have a question. Does any one know if this is motorized? Or is it a static display model? Thanks!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggies View Post
    Hello folks,

Newbie here to the forum and to the Wonderful World of Olszewski Disneyland miniatures! I'm learning new things about these miniatures every day. So, in keeping with that, I have a question. Does any one know if this is motorized? Or is it a static display model? Thanks!

Randy
    Hey Randy,
    Unless I'm totally off mark, this one is motorized and will be able to move around the track.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast