20K Leagues Under the Sea Release Event

It's official: May 5th for 20K Leagues Under The Sea at Disneyland. Pre-orders go up on April 11th. $85 before taxes and shipping.

The Art of Disney Parks

Re: 20K Leagues Under the Sea Release Event

I am REALLY hoping we get a peek at Storybook Land at this event...

Quote Originally Posted by schnoogans37 View Post
    I am REALLY hoping we get a peek at Storybook Land at this event...
    MAYBE. I think the July release is more likely, but we could be surprised. On the plus side, we should get a look at the last wave of the MSEP at the very least and, at best, the revival of the accessory packs. *crosses fingers*

For the record, am I the only one who is seriously digging the design of the sub? Having a lit version, plus a removable version that opens up is really slick. Something else, and I'm just blue skying a bit here, I wonder if having a sub that opens might tie into to potential future plans for the Disneyland Sub Lagoon. Rather than have subs already in the lagoon, you can just take the top half of the subs you have and place them wherever you want. Only drawback is no lights and no wakes.

Just thinking aloud.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I looked at this thinking 'man.. I could buy this'... until I saw it was about 5" long. No thanks. I get the park scale thing with the rest of the sets.. but alas.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I looked at this thinking 'man.. I could buy this'... until I saw it was about 5" long. No thanks. I get the park scale thing with the rest of the sets.. but alas.
    To each his or her own, no harm no foul. I actually had a rule where I refused to get any WDW pieces since I was already committed to Disneyland. But once I saw this and how much I loved the movie and the original attraction, I just could not resist it.

Anyone make the event and got any headlines or photos? Heard some bits and pieces, but would like some follow up.

• Yay Mickey!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    Anyone make the event and got any headlines or photos? Heard some bits and pieces, but would like some follow up.
    Cindy, from ColdDeadFish.net, has a link to her twitter feed. She tweeted some photo's of King Arthur's Carousel and looks amazing. She reports that MSEP #5 will be delayed to August or September. The seasonal accessory pack is expected by years end; it will decorations forJuly 4th, Halloween and Chirstmas.

She also reported on the MK pieces too. The Ice Cream parlor is expected this September. Then a March 2013 release for Casey's Cormer.

I was also hoping to hear about the CK Holliday from Lowell Smith, though nothing was indicated. Have any of you heard more on the re-releases?

-Justin

Yes, I saw Cindy's tweets, but they lacked details. Nothing on if there will be a character pack in July, details on what the holiday kits will be, price points for the Holiday train or really much of anything. Plus, having to wait until MONDAY NIGHT to get a full trip report?

I just wish there was someone with the time and the desire to make an effort to go to the events, stay there the whole time, listen to everyone else's questions as well as their own, come home and write up a report. I used to do that all the time and, I know, time is a major factor and I fixate on details. But for something like this, God is in the details.

I did hear from the Yahoo! group a price point of about $600 for Storybook Land, so there is that to save up for as well.