Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Olszewski News Update

I would be totally happy if these reissue packs cover all the prior releases. Not sure how the breakdown works out as I missed out on the majority of the original pieces. Like Matt mentioned, a mixture of new and old might cause some collectors to double dip. I do have a few pieces, so I may end up with a duplicate or two. Small price to pay for getting the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46 View Post
    My question is how can there be six different packs at 125 dollars a piece of preexisting character/vehicle releases. Most of these individual character packs cost 20 to 25 dollars. The only character releases i can think of were the princess, fab 5, carolers, band, balloon and vending, pin-trader and the fruit cart and only a couple vehicles. I can't see how that adds up to six packs
    The cost on the character packs did vary quite a bit. Going through my files, here's what got released before Disney turned off the tap.

Balloon and Popcorn Vendors - $19 (Oct. 2004)
    Horsedrawn Streetcar - $30 (Oct. 2004)
    Yellow Horseless Carriage - $22 (Oct. 2004)

Omnibus - $38 (Dec. 2004)
    Fire Engine - $22 (Dec. 2004)

Princess Character Pack (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and Phillip, Belle) - $32 (March 2005)

Fab Five Character Pack (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto) - $38 (June 2005)
    Dapper Dans Character Pack - $20 (June 2005)

Main Street Pin Cart Character Pack - $25 (September 2005)
    Disneyland Band Character Pack - $50 (September 2005)

Main Street Fruit Cart Character Pack - $25 (December 2005)
    Main Street Carolers Character Pack - $32 (December 2005)

Now, the cost of resin going up may cause the cost of the pieces to go up a bit, but to equal $125, we're talking about more than a few additions.

Truth be told, the only character pack I see not being included in Main Street collections are the Princesses. They'd probably be packaged with Fantasyland releases I would think.

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    I would be totally happy if these reissue packs cover all the prior releases. Not sure how the breakdown works out as I missed out on the majority of the original pieces. Like Matt mentioned, a mixture of new and old might cause some collectors to double dip. I do have a few pieces, so I may end up with a duplicate or two. Small price to pay for getting the rest.
    Honestly, I would not mind a double dip on three of the four existing vehicles: the Omnibus, the Fire Engine and the Horse-Drawn Street Car. I seem to recall Disneyland used to have two of each going back and forth between Town Square and the Hub to keep things flowing, but the increasing crowds have probably made such practices too difficult.

So, vehicles I can live with the dip on and if there are new costumes on the characters, especially with the Dans, no problem there either. But for stuff like the Pin Cart, Fruit Cart, etc. that's the only part where I would balk. But then again, I do recall Olszewski saying the boxes for the characters would be redesigned more as display boxes to display the characters in place. If true, good, I got displays and don't even need to take them out of the box.

Great breakdown of the accessories Matt! I too would not be bothered by doubling up on some of the vehicles. I would be happy and sad to see more than one pack released this year. With the Fantasyland base and Storybookland down the road, I am going to have to be very careful with my finances for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Great breakdown of the accessories Matt! I too would not be bothered by doubling up on some of the vehicles. I would be happy and sad to see more than one pack released this year. With the Fantasyland base and Storybookland down the road, I am going to have to be very careful with my finances for the rest of the year.
    Well, we know from Ray the only accessory kit coming this year will be the holiday decorations for Main Street and we have a projected price point ($125). So that gives us a bit of breathing room. But yes, between the Platform and Storybook AND the CK Holiday AND the last wave of the MSEP, we're a LONG way from being done. And make no mistake, it's going to sting. The Holiday and the Platform and MSEP will all be coming out fairly close together, so that's about $600-700 over a three month span. Thank goodness Storybook isn't due until October/November or we'd be in a LOT of trouble.

Is the Dan's getting new costumes just your speculation or have you heard that from somewhere? They need to be in their colorful vests.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46 View Post
    Is the Dan's getting new costumes just your speculation or have you heard that from somewhere? They need to be in their colorful vests.
    Purely speculative. ONE source from the event thought they heard something about new costumes. It would make sense though as the release in 2005 looks very different from the current look. They had the chimes in their hands, but were not iin today's look with the colorful vests and strawboater hats.

Said it earlier, we need someone from this group who is able to spend the time to go to these events and just take notes, listen, ask questions and type up reports when they get back. It's the only way to really get an accurate picture of what happened. To be fair, this past event is the first time in my memory the information given at the event seemed so... incomplete and piecemeal. Have to work on that for the Disneyana show in July and potential release in August.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12