• ReciterOfHauntedMansion!

Exclamation A very special One-of-A-Kind picture of Walt Disney?

Hello Micechatters! This is my firt topic here, and I hope I did put it in the right place. If not, I deeply apoligize for my mistake.

Anyways, lets get this started.

In April, my Grandfather, Steven, passed away. He had been going to Disneyland since it first opened at the age of 6 or 7 I beleive, opening day too, and has been a HUGE Classic Disney fan to the very end, and I owe alot to him because if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't even be asking this question today! He even worked for Disneyland for about 14 years, and got to the position Head of Maintanence. He was very passionate about The Walt Disney company, and had managed to grab AMAZING swag, from Lithograms to even jewels and trinkets they used in the original Pirates of The Caribbean " Treasure Alcove ". Kindly put, my grandfather was a packrat, but it wasn't ALL junk.

But one piece of " Disney Gold " I'm curious about is THIS picture:http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...y/IMAG0089.jpg

Everyone here should be familiar with this picture of THE MAN HIMSELF and his Iconic Charecter!

On the back was a piece of paper taped to it. And this is what it said: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...y/IMAG0090.jpg

Ofcourse being curious, I lifted the paper up to see something VERY interesting written on the back of the Photo: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...y/IMAG0091.jpg

It's signed DECEMBER 1966, the exact same month Walt passed away. Now as we all know Walt was in the hospital during 1966's December, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this Photoshoot one of the very last of Walt's? You can imagine the feelings I had when i found the signing.

So my question is this; Is this REAL? Is it actually signed by Walter Elias Disney? Or is it a fake? I've tryed to get information from multiple places on the web, ( to see if it was part of a group signing event or something like that ) and have ultimatley come up with nothing for this picture.It would mean alot to me, and my family if someone could shed some light on this item of Disney History. It would mean ALOT!

Thankyou!
    Actually, my fridge has 999 Happy Pockets. And we aren't looking to subtract any, so Shoo!

Disneyland Guest Assistance Pass Veteran!

• Here to change the world

Re: A very special One-of-A-Kind picture of Walt Disney?

Try contacting Phil Sears (Phil Sears Walt Disney autographs & Disney Collectibles - Walt Disney, Disney Studio, Disneyland, & Walt Disney World Collectibles, Walt Disney autographs and memorabilia) he is THE authority on Disney autographs. If anyone would be able to authenticate it, it'd be him.

• ReciterOfHauntedMansion!

Re: A very special One-of-A-Kind picture of Walt Disney?

Thanks for the info! I'll deffinatley send him a message!
    Actually, my fridge has 999 Happy Pockets. And we aren't looking to subtract any, so Shoo!

Disneyland Guest Assistance Pass Veteran!