Thread: Olszewski DCA

Olszewski DCA

With the major renovations and overall improvements being poured into Disney California Adventure, is anyone interested in seeing Olszewski Studios tackle this park? Imagine Buena Vista Street, Carsland, and the Little Mermaid ride. Of course, maybe this should wait until everything is pretty much completed, but why not do certain areas of the park that are bound to be around for a while.
    Last edited by forestlite; 08-17-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Re: Olszewski DCA

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    With the major renovations and overall improvements being poured into Disney California Adventure, is anyone interested in seeing Olszewski Studios tackle this park. Imagine Buena Vista Street, Carsland, and the Little Mermaid ride. Of course, maybe this should wait until everything is pretty much completed, but why not do certain areas of the park that are bound to be around for a while.
    I think certain attractions and iconic buildings would make sense. I think Tower of Terror has been mentioned before and would sell well. Certainly the Carthay Circle Theatre now as well. For the most part though, I'd really rather have the focus on the many iconic remaining Disneyland attractions first though.

I'd love to see a line of the iconic "symbols" of all of the many disney parks around the world. The Carthay Theatre, The Paris castle, the Chinese Theater (forget the stupid hat), Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, DisneySea's volcano, the other castles, etc., I could see all of those as really big sellers.

On a side note, my Dumbo piece arrived from Disneyland yesterday. I'm now completely caught up on the Disneyland collection! Feels good after playing catchup for so many years.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

I'd love it if Olszewski did DCA attractions/icons. My wallet wouldn't like it, but I would.

Quote Originally Posted by schnoogans37 View Post
    I'd love to see a line of the iconic "symbols" of all of the many disney parks around the world. The Carthay Theatre, The Paris castle, the Chinese Theater (forget the stupid hat), Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, DisneySea's volcano, the other castles, etc., I could see all of those as really big sellers.
    I love this idea! Good way to get major pieces from the other parks. My dream is Olszewski tackling the entire DisneySea park. I know the licensing aspect is a whole different animal, but that is one park (besides Disneyland) where I would go the distance!

• Fantasmical!

Olszewski is certainly talented and being someone who collects based on memories of old, I'd like to see some of the current and former DCA attractions. I'd definetely collect everything around paradise pier prior to the changes but maybe in 10 or 20 years I'd begin to collect pieces of the new changes.

I've long posted this dream--it's a good one! I am not a completist with the Olszewski pieces (I have about 8 of the large attraction/Main Street pieces)....but if they did a "Park Icons" series, I'd probably grab all of them. In order of preference for me: Tree of Life (AK), Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland Paris), Splash Mountain (any of them), Big Thunder (any of them), Grizzly River Run (DCA), Spaceship Earth (EPCOT Center), Chinese Theater (DHS)...so many!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    I love this idea! Good way to get major pieces from the other parks. My dream is Olszewski tackling the entire DisneySea park. I know the licensing aspect is a whole different animal, but that is one park (besides Disneyland) where I would go the distance!

• WDW CM & HM fan

Quote Originally Posted by schnoogans37 View Post
    RE: the castles - right after I returned from a trip to DLP in Nov 2010 Bob was at AOD/WDW DTD and I got to talking to him aobut my trip. We talked about the DLP castle and I ended up sending him the photos I took. While I don't have either of the castles he has done (I have both HMs along with some other things), I would DEFINATELY buy a DLP castle. I made sure to point out to him that there is a dragon in the dungen - can you imagine that?!!
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani