Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2013

• Shablagoo!

Toy Fair 2013

Finally. This weekend is the biggest toy event of the year, Toy Fair 2013. We should be seeing all sorts of new items that will be on sale sometime this year. What are you all excited to see.

For me I am interested in...

1. Hasbro's Star Wars 3 3/4 figures. With Build A Droid cancelled I want to know what will be coming and when.
    2. Hasbro's Star Wars 6 inch line. While I do not plan on buying this line, I am curious about how they will look and what we are getting.
    3. Transformers Masterpieces. I am always curious as to which pieces we are getting.
    4. Borderlands figures. NECA has so far dropped the ball on these. While the Psycho and Claptrap figures are amazing the fact that Borderlands 2 came out 5 months ago and we have not seen more figures is very disappointing. I am starting to wonder if they still have the line or if they lost it.
    5.NECA's offerings. As disappointed as I am in NECA's Borderlands line due to lack of product, I do enjoy NECA action figures. I a hoping we will see some Pacific Rim figures.
    6.Mc Farlane Toys. Since I stopped collecting Halo figures McFarlane has not been making any money from me. I saw that they acquired the Assassins Creed license, but could they have got others coming (say Borderlands)? Also I am hoping to see figures based on the older Halo games, like 1 and 2.

Be sure to post links to websites/articles when you are sharing news stories. That way we can all see the cool pictures and such.

• we jumped out a window

Re: Toy Fair 2013

I think I'll be cherry picking with the 6" Star Wars line. I have so many other figures at that scale so I may as well pick up some SW ones.

Besides SW reveals, I'll be looking forward to Transformers and Mattel DC 6" figures.

• Queen Elsa

For me it will be Masterpiece Transformers and Funko POP! figures hopelly we will see series 5 of Disney POP! and the Rumor of Back To The Future POP! Other then that can't think of anything else.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post

Besides SW reveals, I'll be looking forward to Transformers and Mattel DC 6" figures.

I feel the same about the 6 inch SW line. I MIGHT get Fett, but it will have to be PERFECT. None of this missing symbols or wrong colors crap.

Mattel has posted some of the DC figures on their facebook page. The Fire figure looks awesome (I was going to say "Hot", but it was too easy). Comedian and Huntress look good too.

EDit: Mattel also posted pics of their He-Man offerings. The Mantenna is incredible.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 02-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I feel the same about the 6 inch SW line. I MIGHT get Fett, but it will have to be PERFECT. None of this missing symbols or wrong colors crap.

Mattel has posted some of the DC figures on their facebook page. The Fire figure looks awesome (I was going to say "Hot", but it was too easy). Comedian and Huntress look good too.

EDit: Mattel also posted pics of their He-Man offerings. The Mantenna is incredible.
    Ack! Now that you mention it, I don't have faith they could deliver a perfect Fett.

edit: According to Rebelscum, the 6" Black Series Fett is an SDCC exclusive, though it may be just a variant of a retail release.

the Mattel Ice and Huntress are making me glad I have a subscription. Castaspella and Mantenna are definite buys for me.
    Last edited by brand42; 02-08-2013 at 12:00 PM.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Ack! Now that you mention it, I don't have faith they could deliver a perfect Fett.

edit: According to Rebelscum, the 6" Black Series Fett is an SDCC exclusive, though it may be just a variant of a retail release.

the Mattel Ice and Huntress are making me glad I have a subscription. Castaspella and Mantenna are definite buys for me.
    Yeah I have a feeling the SDCC Fett will be a variant, like first appearence or maybe an all white version.

So one of the things I was most excited about seeing is NECA's Pacific Rim line.

Here is a preview on ToyArk of 2 of the Jaeger (robot) figures.

Pacific Rim Jaeger Toy Line NECA Preview Toy Fair 2013

I think they look great so far and I am looking forward to seeing the monsters.

Also Mattel has unveiled several 1960's Adam West Batman series figures. I have see Batman, Penguin, and Riddler so far. If they were out now I would probably buy the Batman and RObin to have signed at ECCC in a few weeks.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Yeah I have a feeling the SDCC Fett will be a variant, like first appearence or maybe an all white version.

So one of the things I was most excited about seeing is NECA's Pacific Rim line.

Here is a preview on ToyArk of 2 of the Jaeger (robot) figures.

Pacific Rim Jaeger Toy Line NECA Preview Toy Fair 2013

I think they look great so far and I am looking forward to seeing the monsters.

Also Mattel has unveiled several 1960's Adam West Batman series figures. I have see Batman, Penguin, and Riddler so far. If they were out now I would probably buy the Batman and RObin to have signed at ECCC in a few weeks.
    Don't forget about the 60's Batmobile scaled to those figures. I'm not the biggest fan of the series but I'll most likely cave in on this line.

• Queen Elsa

Just saw the Fire figure some how I got to get that one need to get some money for her. Wonder when she is coming out. Also if I get any of the 1966 Batman figures it maybe only Peguin and Riddle don't like how Adam West looks like to me doesn't look like him.

• Shablagoo!

Well I am lookign sround the internet for news.

Star Wars:
    Legends line is actually kind of interesting now. They are making cheap ($5.99 each) figures with limtied articulation (Kenner style). While these do not interest me at least it will set them apart from the main line and wont just be repacks. I like that they are trying for the lower price point.

The Black series 6 inchers look good, but I am not going to buy them. They look just like the 3 3/4 but take up more space. Still I am tempted by the SDCC exclusive Boba Fett with Carbonite Han Solo. It sounds like it is a regular Fett, but the Solo makes it the exclusive. And I am sure it will have overly large packaging so they can charge way more than needed.

Marvel Universe.

One of my early complaints about this line was a lack of diversity. Too many Iron Man, Wolverine, and Spider-Man figures. Now they seem to be really diving into the Marvel Universe with some b and c list characters. Of course they still have a problem with getting them to retail. Still it is good to see figures of Cloak and Dagger, Valkyrie.

Also it looks like Legends is finally gonna make some Thunderbolts figures.

I wish figure websites woul;d divide their pictures of legends and universe into 2 different areas. It is confusing which is which.

Transformers: So we have a Metroplex coming. I still have my orignal so, no big deal to me. lol

Soundwave Masterpiece looks like a go for a US release and will come with all 5 casettes. Looking for a Hasbro picture of him.

• Queen Elsa

Like I said on another web site I want both Metroplex and MP Soundwave but if they both come out around the same time then I'm going for Soundwave. I'm just going have to give my friend the double of Rumble and Buzzsaw send I already pay for them and there coming out next month. I will also give him Ravage as well send I never had the G1 Ravage so that will leave me with only Soundwave,Frenzy and Laserbeak. From the Ker=o I want the Protcetobots,and the Terrorcons as well as Groove.

• we jumped out a window

Metroplex is what I'm most excited for!!! Never ever owned him. I'm also looking forward to Blitzwing and Springer.

• Queen Elsa

I still have my Metroplex never had Springer or Blitzwing. Trailbreaker looks cool in truck mode but his robot just doesn't seem right with me so I think I will skip him.

• we jumped out a window

Mattel's Damien Wayne Robin is a complete, utter pass for me. The new Batman Beyond with wings on the other hand is a must buy. Might even want two if the wings can be removed though this is Mattel we're talking about.

• Shablagoo!

Big surprise and Big Disappointment for me today.

First the surprise. NECA ED-209. Oh he is awesome.

Big disappointment: NECA shows nothing of Borderlands at TOy Fair, other than a ClapTrap repaint. AT SDCC they had several figures, but no word on any of them. Booo!

• Queen Elsa

Brand or Melonballer is the DC Fire a Mattel excive to there internet or will she be out in stores like Toys R Us and Target?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast