• Yay Mickey!!

Main Street Piece Dimension Assistance

Still working on the design of a display for my Main Street pieces; been a little slow as my wife and I bought and are moving to a new house and finally there will be a good space where Main Street can be displayed. What I would like ask from the group is a little assistance in obtaining a few dimensions and I have inserted a simple sketch as an aid. The pieces shown in the sketch are two of three still missing in my collection, despite this I would like to keep moving forward on the table.

Name:  Plaza Inn-Plaza Pavilion.png
Views: 107
Size:  35.0 KB

From the attached sketch you will find the 3 unknown dimensions (A, B and C), the 5.75 inch approximation shown is from the arc segment still open on that side of the hub. Additionally, the 5.75 inch dimension in front of Plaza Inn is also assuming that the outer diameter across the hub (curb to curb) is 5.8 inches; this assumption was made from a curve fit from the Astro Orbitor around to the left side of the Carnation Gardens.

Dimension A and B are the sides running directly alongside of the street, with the Main Street label being shown for reference. Dimension C, though not critical at this point, would be nice to have and is the point to point distance of the arc segment shown.

If you have any of the pieces shown and are willing to assist in providing these dimensions I would be grateful (sadly I am unable to send a beer through the forum, since they are good to share).

Thanks,
    Justin

Re: Main Street Piece Dimension Assistance

Hey Justin,

My eyesight ain't what it use to be and don't know how super accurate you need the measurements to be, but if no one else volunteers, I'll give it a shot.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysImagination View Post
    Still working on the design of a display for my Main Street pieces; been a little slow as my wife and I bought and are moving to a new house and finally there will be a good space where Main Street can be displayed. What I would like ask from the group is a little assistance in obtaining a few dimensions and I have inserted a simple sketch as an aid. The pieces shown in the sketch are two of three still missing in my collection, despite this I would like to keep moving forward on the table.

Name:  Plaza Inn-Plaza Pavilion.png
Views: 107
Size:  35.0 KB

From the attached sketch you will find the 3 unknown dimensions (A, B and C), the 5.75 inch approximation shown is from the arc segment still open on that side of the hub. Additionally, the 5.75 inch dimension in front of Plaza Inn is also assuming that the outer diameter across the hub (curb to curb) is 5.8 inches; this assumption was made from a curve fit from the Astro Orbitor around to the left side of the Carnation Gardens.

Dimension A and B are the sides running directly alongside of the street, with the Main Street label being shown for reference. Dimension C, though not critical at this point, would be nice to have and is the point to point distance of the arc segment shown.

If you have any of the pieces shown and are willing to assist in providing these dimensions I would be grateful (sadly I am unable to send a beer through the forum, since they are good to share).

Thanks,
    Justin

• Yay Mickey!!

Hi Len,
    I'm not looking for super precision. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysImagination View Post
    Hi Len,
    I'm not looking for super precision. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justin
    Okay Justin, here you go...

A - 4.25 inches
    B - 4 inches
    C - 5.50 inches

Hopefully one of the other members can confirm my measurements for you. Do you want me to take photos of the pieces to confirm correct pieces and areas of dimensions?

• Yay Mickey!!

Thank you Len!

The pictures are nice offer and not necessary. This information is exactly what I have been looking for and continue laying things out.

Thanks again,
    Justin

No problem Justin! Happy to help. Best of luck with your new home and display.