• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

My Love For Darkwing Duck - a Cool New Poster "Dangerous"

Surely I'm not alone in my love of the duck. In the early 90s there was a show called Darkwing Duck that ran for just two seasons. It was quirky, fun and had a great visual style.

Anyone else miss Drake Mallard, Launchpad McQuack, Gosalyn and the Muddlefoot family?

I just ran across this limited edition stylized Darkwing Duck poster by James Silvani and I really think I need it.

Here are the stats:

Silkscreen print
    18"x24"
    250-piece limited edition
    Each print in the edition signed by the artist and hand-numbered
    Released 3/26/13
    Retail: $50
    50-piece color variant edition sold out on day of release; regular edition is still available

About artist JAMES SILVANI:
    James is a Maui-based comic book artist and commercial illustrator. He grew up in the artist's colony of Laguna Beach and received an art degree from San Francisco State University. He has been working as a freelance artist since 1994 and is currently providing art for monthly comics titles such as Disney/Kaboom's Darkwing Duck and Ape Entertainment's Richie Rich.

LINK:
    Welcome to Acme's Dark Ink website!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-12-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: My Love For Darkwing Duck - a Cool New Poster "Dangerous"

I miss the early 90's animated shows...

While I only have vague memories of Darkwing Duck, I can still recall Quack Pack, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Tail Spin, and a few of the other Disney shows from that era.

However it was the stuff Warner Brothers and Steven Spielberg made from that era which blow me away. I am stunned that such shows as Animaniacs were able to recreate the zany humor of golden age animation so perfectly.

Lastly thinking of the animated shows of the 90's makes me sad for today's kids. Although Phineas and Ferb, and Spongebob have their moments; they lack the artistry and humor found in nearly every cartoon from the 90's. Well, I guess that is what DVD collections are for...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I enjoyed DWD too, but the character that I really liked from the early 90's that Disney promoted was Marsupilami!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    I miss the early 90's animated shows...

While I only have vague memories of Darkwing Duck, I can still recall Quack Pack, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Tail Spin, and a few of the other Disney shows from that era.

However it was the stuff Warner Brothers and Steven Spielberg made from that era which blow me away. I am stunned that such shows as Animaniacs were able to recreate the zany humor of golden age animation so perfectly.

Lastly thinking of the animated shows of the 90's makes me sad for today's kids. Although Phineas and Ferb, and Spongebob have their moments; they lack the artistry and humor found in nearly every cartoon from the 90's. Well, I guess that is what DVD collections are for...
    Animaniacs was amazing! Such a well written show. The animation wasn't my favorite, but it was just so witty and clever.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,