Olszewski Disneyland Update

Not sure if any of Olszewski collectors still haunt this forum anymore, but thought I would share this email from Ray regarding the Main Street Miniature/Fantasyland line:

Hi Len: This is straight from the artist.

At this point all the news from the Disney Team to me is that they are planning to move forward with the Fantasyland designs and also have currently in production reorders of out of stock Disneyland and Disneyworld Mainstreet designs. As soon as the latest production items are in stock we will post them on our site. Regards to everyone, Bob Olszewski

Very good news indeed!!!

•   
    • Banned User

Re: Olszewski Disneyland Update

Very cool. I was in the Gallery on Main Street a few weeks ago and one of the CMs who staffs the Olszewski part of the store said the Fantasyland stuff would feature motorized movements like spinning carosels, Dumbo, Teacups, etc. Bob's work is amazing and can only be called a labor of love.

• Yay Mickey!!

Oh we are still here, crushed under a pile of Duffy's. Have not found many other avenues for discussion.

Thanks for the update.

-Justin

It has been so long since a new release. I am hoping they would come out with the Storybook Land piece in July for Disneyland's birthday. I know it will be expensive whenever it comes out but I'm in. I don't think any of the previous releases will be released in motorized form. I know Bruce Richards modified his but I am not sure what it would take to do it on a production scale. Talking with Robert and Travis last year the carrousel was being designed to be motorized (probably optional after placement in the platform) from the design stage. I would be happy with a not motorized one if it meant more detail. Whatever happens I just want a new piece ��

Hey guys...yes, it has been a long drought. I've been trying to post bits here and at the Yahoo group forum. Hopefully, we see something in 2014. I am more concerned about the peripheral stuff like the accessory packs, electrical lightning kits, etc. Seems like those type of things would be less of a priority to the Disney merchandising team...

Anyone know if they are going to release another run of the Disneyland platforms? I'm just getting ready to start my collection and was happy to hear they are going to be reissuing out of stock pieces but wanted to install them on the platform as a nice display piece.
    Thanks,
    Erick

Not Main Street stuff but it is an Olszewski release:

Disneyland® Resort, Robert Olszewski, Miniaturist

Looks like a nice Gallery of Light box. Hopefully he will have updates on the status of his other pieces.
    Last edited by JiminyC; 08-21-2014 at 08:02 PM.