Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: Disneyland Minatures

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetmini
    What Disney Character Outlet did you see the miniatures at?
    Burlington, WA

• done

For anyone who's interested, I've updated our Olszewski Disneyland miniatures page with information and pictures from today's release.

Here's the direct link to the latest update: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/olsz...05.html#sept23.

And here's the updated release schedule: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/olsz....html#schedule.

Thanks.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the update. Was there any word about the WDW pieces?

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

I would love to have them all, but have limited myself to just the Haunted Mansion sculpture. They are truly beautiful...

• Quality not quantity

If anyone else is working on the Main Street collection then you might be interested in this web site. They have a wide range of inexpensive Z-scale figures you can use to populate Main Street.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Professional fifth wheel

I know Olszewski certainly has his hands full already, but with along with Main Street and the Commemorative attraction pieces, there is one other line I wish he'd do - I'd love to see a "Yesterland" series of sculptures! Sure, the Astro Orbiter sculpture is beautiful, for example - but I'd be thrilled to own a Rocket Jets sculpture! Oooh, or a Nature's Wonderland piece, or perhaps Adventure Thru Inner Space? Gimme my Mighty Microscope!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Was there any word about the WDW pieces?
    A few people asked about WDW pieces but I didn't pay attention since I'm not collecting those (we just have the castle, which was a gift from a friend). I expect they talk more about the WDW collection when they have releases/signings there.

Quote Originally Posted by AKComic View Post
    I'd love to see a "Yesterland" series of sculptures!
    Someone asked about the House of the Future, and Travis mentioned doing the flying saucers would be fun, but it's not up to them - Disney has to commission it, and their decisions are probably based on how many they think they can sell.

• insufferable know-it-all

I only have the hub so far, but I really really really want the whole set - or at least all of Main Street.

My thinking is I would eventually build a custom table, like a dining table, glass-topped, with the Olszewski set-up inside it. Or perhaps a coffee table, so no legs have to fit under it, since it would have to be a minimum of about 6" deep.

But first I have to be able to afford more than the hub. I'm sure I'll get either the castle or Main Street Station or Coke Corner next.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Disneyland Minatures - Olszewski

I am thinking about getting one for my parents for Christmas, I'm thinking about HM.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Oh How I want one. . . Stay at Home Mom pay sucks!!!

• My laughing place

I would love to collect thewm. They are truely works of art. Unfortunaly, I dont have room to display them so they would just go into storage
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

The only other Sleeping Beauty Castle sculpture that I originally liked almost as much as the Olszewski sculpture was the one Ian Fraser did for the 40th anniversary. I'd hoped he would do other attractions, but it wasn't to be. That's why I was so thrilled when I finally heard about the Olszewski line starting... I'd been waiting for something like that for a long time! Now, I just need a place to display 'em...

(By the way, I hate to sound like I'm pimping my stuff, but I had my Fraser sculpture, along with some other memorabilia, posted in the Outpost, and I'm probably going to put my Fraser up on eBay pretty soon, if anyone's interested; there's a pic of it below)

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by AKComic View Post
    The only other Sleeping Beauty Castle sculpture that I originally liked almost as much as the Olszewski sculpture was the one Ian Fraser did for the 40th anniversary. I'd hoped he would do other attractions, but it wasn't to be. That's why I was so thrilled when I finally heard about the Olszewski line starting... I'd been waiting for something like that for a long time! Now, I just need a place to display 'em...

(By the way, I hate to sound like I'm pimping my stuff, but I had my Fraser sculpture, along with some other memorabilia, posted in the Outpost, and I'm probably going to put my Fraser up on eBay pretty soon, if anyone's interested; there's a pic of it below)

How does this model compare to the Olszewski model sizewise?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
    How does this model compare to the Olszewski model sizewise?
    I think the Fraser was a bit smaller than the Olszewski. I don't know the exact dimensions on the Olszewski castle, but the Fraser is approximately 7" x 9" x 5" (with the base); I'm pretty sure the Olszewski is a little bigger than that. I know it's deeper than the Fraser, because the Fraser sculpture didn't go all the way out to the compass; it stops just past the drawbridge.

• Keep that Zebra safe...

I have the castle and hope to someday get the whole set, but I believe just from seeing the Main Street part of the collection on display, the whole set would need it's own small room!

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast