Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• World Traveler

Re: Disneyland Minatures - Olszewski

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    There is a great Yahoo Group for people who are collecting these pieces (or if you are thinking about it.)

Lots of information and help with questions. The recent news is that the first batch of bases are soon to arrive at Olszewski Studios and then be shipped out - very exciting.
    Wow! Thanks for the Yahoo group info!

• Hangin Around

The site with the most information on the Main Street Collection by Mr. Olszewski is www.mainstreetminiatures.com . They are highly endorsed by the Olszewski Studios and can answer questions about the pieces.

I just got my Minature base today from the studios. WOW it is BIG and heavey Travis was a BIG help today and was able to explain everything to me with detail on how to set it up. I cant wait to show this to everyone, and I will have pictures up soon.

Thank you again Travis for the Help.

Walt's love of Trains!

• World Traveler

I would love to see how everyone exhibits their collection!

• done

For anyone who's interested, I've updated our Olszewski Disneyland miniatures page with pictures of the upcoming Plaza Inn and Ariel's Grotto/Triton's Garden/Snow White's Wishing Well pieces as well as the Adventureland/Frontierland gateway.

Here's the direct link to the latest update: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/olsz...805.html#jan28.

Thanks.

• done

Re: Olszewski Disneyland miniatures update

For anyone who's interested, I've updated our Olszewski Disneyland miniatures page with information and pictures from today's release.

Here's the direct link to the latest update: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/olsz...5.html#march31.

And here's the updated release schedule: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/olsz....html#schedule.

Thanks.

• Senior Minion

Thanks Cstephens for the update on Olzsewski. Amazing. so much detail. Robert said he took five years to figure out the different rooms to accomodate each scene that was popular to each individual as much as he could. I was able to get my Pirate's Treasure chest signed at the celebration on Mar 18th.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• living to haunt

Re: Disneyland Minatures

OK, I found the picture links and I am in such trouble! I want it ALL! I have to ask, with my current experience with UPS would anyone who has had these items shipped to them let me know how they arrived. I have found ordering items with little tiny details on them arrive with the little tiny details in the bottom of the box. And does anyone have pictures of their complete main st. set up??? Would love to see it!
    thanks
    Last edited by ladydragon55; 04-01-2007 at 07:11 AM.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

whats his website?

when is he gona make splash?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    whats his website?

when is he gona make splash?
    Oooh, Splash would be awesome to have!

Some of them are VERY beautifull and the artist,Robert Olszewski,is VERY talented(nice guy too),BUT,they are WAY too expensive.
    The Haunted Mansion(Very Nice I admit),was almost $300 bucks and not even limited.The one they sold at the 50th has a little brass plaque and some fools,( just my opinion,not being mean) are paying $800-$1400 for it on Ebay,Nutso!
    Well I got news for ya folks.The SAME EXACT Miniature HM is being released AGAIN in May/June and will cost the $295 release price and it is EXACTLY the SAME as the one people are buying now on Ebay.The only difference is a 5 cent paper thin brass plaque stuck to the bottom.Nothing else is different,so paying 3 to 5 times the price for a 5 cent stuck on plaque makes no sense at all.
    The Pirates One is very nice as well and can still be found for the $345 release price.Those I would buy,but the rest don't do anything or have the mini scenes so what is the point?
    The Cinderella Castle for DL has a hidden Mickey and the top of one of the Turrets open up and show a mini Prince and Sleeping Beauty which is cool.The DW one does not and has no special feature,so why buy it?I don't understand why the artist didn't do the same thing for the DW one.It has no special feature to make me want to spend the $$$ for it.The HM and Pirates and even the DL Castle DO something and have cool,original "extras",yet the DW Castle does not.Not a good sign for the DW versions of the Mini's.
    Last edited by Disneyac; 04-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.

• done

Re: Disneyland Minatures

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    OK, I found the picture links and I am in such trouble! I want it ALL! I have to ask, with my current experience with UPS would anyone who has had these items shipped to them let me know how they arrived. I have found ordering items with little tiny details on them arrive with the little tiny details in the bottom of the box. And does anyone have pictures of their complete main st. set up??? Would love to see it!
    thanks
    A number of people do get their pieces by mail order (via the disneygallery.com link), and I've only heard a few of them say anything about having a problem with a product they've received that they've had to have replaced. Even then, I'm not sure the problem arose from the shipping. When we get our pieces in person, we examine them to make sure there's not a problem, and every once in a while, we do find one that has a major enough problem that we ask for a different one.

As far as MK's castle, it's a gorgeous piece. We're not doing the WDW collection, but a friend bought us the MK castle, and when we held it up next to DL's Sleeping Beauty Castle, the duplicated scale was pretty cool.

• Comin' at ya!

I have the Haunted Mansion sculpture...That's it.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I wasn't going to ...but then we live sooo far away from Dland, only getting there 2 maybe 3x a year. I thought perhaps this would help our 'homesickness' - anytime we were blue for Dland we could just walk into the dining room (you know, that room that you ONLY use 2x a year anyways!?!) n' revisit....even though it'll take a few more years to complete the whole set. I'm ON BOARD!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345