Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Olszewski Anonymous

Yep. Had to go get the Central Plaza piece. But it has no interior benches, so minauture fake MC Meets!

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    My goal is to have all Main Street, and to build a glass-topped coffee table 6" deep to house/display them.

I thought about a dining table, given the size, but that would bring the surface too high, and the legroom too low.
    FYI. Olszewski sells the table (but not the plexigalss cover) you saw at the Gallery.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I saw the Central Plaza and the City Hall/Firehouse at the Character Warehouse north of Seattle today. They were each about $60. Wasn't sure if those are good prices or not, so, I didn't buy them!
    Shoot, they didn't have City Hall at our CW last time I went, but I picked up Main Street Cinema there.

Yes, $60 is a great price.

So far, all I have is the hub and the cinema piece.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    Shoot, they didn't have City Hall at our CW last time I went, but I picked up Main Street Cinema there.

Yes, $60 is a great price.

So far, all I have is the hub and the cinema piece.
    If I go again...and they have it...do you want me to pick it up for you? I don't collect them and have only sold them on Ebay when I get them at a bargain at the CW. You know, last year, I got 2 of the City Halls for 35.00 each!!!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Bah! $35! I just paid $135 for the firehouse on e-bay....I'm late to the game so I've been picking up all my pieces on e-bay. I hate it. It's so stressful! I've only got 6pieces so far --shoot, I should just go get a bottle of TUMS from Costco....

• Banned User

Just saw this on DisneyShopping.com and wanted to link it for those of you who may not have Central Plaza yet.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/...tegoryId=13498

It's on sale from $130 to $89.99

•   

Ouch! I just paid $345 for the plaza - w/ day of release plaque. At this rate I'm gonna living on the street with my Disneyland! hahahahaha

• The one, the only...

They are absolutely beautiful but because of their detail they are hard to display. You have to see them 360 degrees. There is so wonderful to see from all sides, but it is hard unless you have some sort of display that allows you to walk all around them. They are still magnificent!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Bah! $35! I just paid $135 for the firehouse on e-bay....I'm late to the game so I've been picking up all my pieces on e-bay. I hate it. It's so stressful! I've only got 6pieces so far --shoot, I should just go get a bottle of TUMS from Costco....
    There's no need to pay extravagant prices for any of the pieces. With the exception of the Ripley train (which was a limited edition), all of the pieces will be re-released at some point in the future. If you just wait until each piece is re-released, you can just pay regular retail. They may be more expensive than the original release price (because of inflation and such), but they won't be the extravagant prices people are asking for on ebay. And you won't get the first day of release plaque, but that won't make any difference in how beautiful the pieces look.

•   

I should not have gotten sucked in!! My first mistake was buying the train station JUST TO HAVE A LOOK...next thing y'know, UPS dude is knocking on my door 4 days later with City Hall...hahahahaha and so it goes with me. I won't be able to WAIT for the re-releases....I'm like that little bratty Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka. I want it now! So paying more for the pieces than I should is my road to take since I must have them all, SOON!

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    If I go again...and they have it...do you want me to pick it up for you? I don't collect them and have only sold them on Ebay when I get them at a bargain at the CW. You know, last year, I got 2 of the City Halls for 35.00 each!!!
    Uhhh... City Hall for $35??????? If they have it at THAT price, yes

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I so wish I had the $$$ for these pieces! I want to start with the most iconic ones (Main St. Station, Hub, Castle) and then fill in as the budget allows. I'm in love with this set & take new pictures at the Gallery every time I go!
    <o>

•   

WooooHooooo!! My platform arrived today!!! It is MASSIVE and HEAVY! Best it took a small UPS crew to deliver it! So Happy!!

I'm afraid I'll have to join this group...Been getting back into collecting these pieces lately. Started out with the Sleeping Beauty Castle piece back shortly after it came out, hoping to collect more of the pieces as they were released.

Well...that plan fell through. But now I'm getting back into the game...playing catch up, as it were, to piece together Main Street. Started up again with Main Street Station in mid April, and I intend to go around Main Street clockwise (starting with City Hall), acquiring pieces once between every 1-3 months until it's complete.

Of course, after I'd diluted myself into believing that just collecting any and all Disneyland pieces wasn't so bad, I had to stumble across the fact that Olszewski is doing the Magic Kingdom as well. May God have mercy on my wallet.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
    Of course, after I'd diluted myself into believing that just collecting any and all Disneyland pieces wasn't so bad, I had to stumble across the fact that Olszewski is doing the Magic Kingdom as well. May God have mercy on my wallet.
    Well, the good news is that there's only three or so pieces in the WDW collection, along with a few accessories, so there's not nearly as many to have to catch up on there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast