Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Olszewski Anonymous

I found the City Hall / Firehouse and the Central Hub for $50 each at the Character Warehouse north of Seattle today. Does an electrical cord normally come with them? I see the hole for the cord, but, none was with it. Or, is it strictly battery powered?

Thanks!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    Uhhh... City Hall for $35??????? If they have it at THAT price, yes
    I was there today and they are $50. I am going back again....do you want one at that price?? (Plus shipping to you as well.) PM me if you do! I'd be happy to pick one up for you.

• insufferable know-it-all

Dude, you are evil, you know that? (in a good way, of course )

I wonder how much shipping would be... probably not too bad if we go with the slow UPS option.

Umm..... (I shouldn't say this, but) okay! Please PM me if you do and we'll make the necessary arrangements.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I was reading something on Olszewskistudios.com today about the Main Street platform, and toward the bottom it lists the available & planned additions to the platform. The one that caught my eye was this:

Electrical Kit (this kit will allow you to attach all of your Main Street U.S.A. sculpture pieces together and control their lighting through just 2 or 3 switches) (Available in 2007)
    It has me wondering how that will be accomplished. I'd tried plugging mine into a power strip to see if it would work on a timer, but once the power was reset the lights wouldn't come back on unless the fire hydrant was reset as well.

• Mililani, Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
    I was reading something on Olszewskistudios.com today about the Main Street platform, and toward the bottom it lists the available & planned additions to the platform. The one that caught my eye was this:

It has me wondering how that will be accomplished. I'd tried plugging mine into a power strip to see if it would work on a timer, but once the power was reset the lights wouldn't come back on unless the fire hydrant was reset as well.
    I noticed that too. It will be really interesting if you have the plexi cover on top...
    I am sure the delay is to prevent bulbs from burning out. I don't look forward to replacing them. I seem to recall the incandescant ones have a 100 hour life span.
    Next DLR Trip: 6-11 Oct 2010
    Club 33: A really big fan...
    Olszewski Fan

^Well, with the 10-15 minute timer on the lights once they're powered up, this lack of reset really isn't necessary...

And while I could be wrong...I would venture a guess that these are LEDs, which have a much higher life expectancy, rather than any kind of incandescent light.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

For anyone interested, Disneyana has got some Snow White's Grotto miniatures in this morning.
    Mike

• done

The husband picked up the plexiglass cover yesterday, so now that we have that and the platform, it means we'll have to find some time now to put everything together. Kind of a daunting prospect, but in the end, it'll be worth it. The husband's boss had a good idea though - we're going to get a thin pane of glass to put over the top since we're using it as a coffee table - we want to make sure the top of the cover doesn't get scratched because there will be no way to fix that.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Did you have the plexiglass cover custom made? Or off the shelf? Where did you find it? I neeeeeed one too!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The husband picked up the plexiglass cover yesterday, so now that we have that and the platform, it means we'll have to find some time now to put everything together. Kind of a daunting prospect, but in the end, it'll be worth it. The husband's boss had a good idea though - we're going to get a thin pane of glass to put over the top since we're using it as a coffee table - we want to make sure the top of the cover doesn't get scratched because there will be no way to fix that.
    Very clever idea! I hope it all works out for you!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

How's this for a great saturday night....last year my pal bought the ep ripley...no real reason other than he thought it was a cool train....tonight he gave it to me cuz I don't have one to go with the main street set and I wasn't quite on board with paying ebay's 700$ for it.....How'z THAT for a best friend I just gotta ask ya's!??!?! ;-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123