Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Re: What collectibles do you collect?

Decanter sets. I bought 2 at antique stores a few years ago--mid century glass is something I love. Then my grandma gave me all theirs, so now I have 9 decanter sets, from the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

I have the set my grandpa used the most, with the case with a sliding door--I actually remember him using it. The glass he used most --you can actually tell. It means a lot to me to have that set.

I'll probably buy more through the years. I can't see myself not buying any that catch my eye. Most of my sets have 4-6 glasses. One set is missing a glass--my mom remembers breaking the glass when she was little, so that's kind of cool, too.

This is a decanter set:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Claire, I got a pink decanter set from my grandma when she passed

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   

I collect(ed) Disney Snow Globes but lately I just don't like what they're making. I think I have about 22 of them displayed throughout the house but not how I want them. I'm still trying to organize to take pics for you guys.

I also collect anything from Nightmare Before Christmas. Only from Disney though. My most prized item is my 7' Jack Skellington you see in my avatar.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I collect(ed) Disney Snow Globes but lately I just don't like what they're making. I think I have about 22 of them displayed throughout the house but not how I want them. I'm still trying to organize to take pics for you guys...
    Yes! Take lots of photos!

•   

You guys make me really want to get my @$$ in gear and get my Nightmare Before Christmas themed room done!
    I plan on making it to display the NBC items I have and also theme it to be like something Jack would live in. Like have the bucket Sally sent up to him with fish bone and wine bottle hanging from the ceiling, some fake bugs laying around to represent Oogie, a dog bed for zero, etc, etc...

• Drunk On Disney

Definitly a good idea! I did a Sea World themed bathroom in my house. Then I themed another room to evoke the feel of Grauman's Chinese Theater (complete with a projector and screen.)

I try to put a theme into every single room I have. Even the garage (still working on that one.)

What type of room did you want to theme NBC? A living room, bedroom, etc? Once you figure out the USEFULL purpose of the room, you can really discover the FUN purpose of it!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Definitly a good idea! I did a Sea World themed bathroom in my house. Then I themed another room to evoke the feel of Grauman's Chinese Theater (complete with a projector and screen.)

I try to put a theme into every single room I have. Even the garage (still working on that one.)

What type of room did you want to theme NBC? A living room, bedroom, etc? Once you figure out the USEFULL purpose of the room, you can really discover the FUN purpose of it!
    Isn't it great to theme a room?!?! I wish I had more time, money, and a bigger house though!
    I plan on doing this to a 3rd bedroom that we use as an office.

• far, far away from DL

I collect Beauty and the beast, Star wars, Nascar. What a combination. I have most of my Star Wars collection packed away until I find enough space.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I collect Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell rare items and I have a rather unusual pin collection (very few were actually bought).

My love of Collecting is Sailor Moon, Japanese version. I only have a few extremely rare pieces left to find to complete my collection which encompasses 2 curio cabinents and most of a bookshelf.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by idzy View Post
    * I like the mermaid collection BTW.. & i did notice a teenie pic in tucked in there i would love the story on.. is that indeed the real Jack Sparrow giving you an autograph?? do tell !!
    Well idzy, I could make up a great story about how I was on the set of POTC and met Johnny, but that's all it would be, a great story. The picture is from the Pirates and Princess Party at WDW that we went to this last February. He was a great Jack Sparrow though. If you would like to read more about our experience with that Jack, I did write a little report on it, complete with pictures. It was a grand time!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...t+jack+sparrow

BTW, I love your avatar idzy.

• I have returned !!

^^ thanks NancyWitt i will go read up on it !! the pic of the whole family and Jack is cute.. i like the way he is all tucked in and "stealing" you!! teehee...

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I collect coins and currency, and books.

In terms of Disney I collect the monorail sets, but not so much the items outside the sets. I have every monorail except WDW Red and Gold.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Still lost in Neverland

Disney - (Mickey Mouse, Peter Pan and a little known fact, Disney Rabbits)

Harry Potter - (Books, games, puzzles, plush, action figures and Tonner Dolls)

The rest is Dragons, Gargoyles and just stuff that strikes my fancy.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Starwisher

I have a really big penguin collection. Every Christmas someone gets me something new. My favorite is a tin-toy type that you wind with a key. It has a sticker on it that says, "Keep away from children. Not a toy." I show it to my DH occasionally to show I'm a grown-up.

My Disney collection is eclectic. I have some art work, some antique spoons, a few snow globes, antenna balls, t-shirts, hotel stationery, figurines, dishes and utensils and other kitchen stuff, and my two youngest (7 & 9) have a Mickey and Friends themed room.

I get stuff I love, and when I look at it, wear it or use it, it makes me happy.
    Don't make me come in there!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast