Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

What collectibles do you collect?

What types of things do you collect?

For us we collect Shot-Glasses, Snow Globes and magnets. We try to get shot-glasses and magnets from all of the places we go, even if it's just a business trip.

As for Snow-Globes we have about 15 (mostly Disney of course) and we display them very proudly in our living room.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: What collectibles do you collect?

Years ago I collected thimbles. Of course its pretty obvious I collect penguins in any form. But I also collect shot glasses and Chevron cars. I have everyone of them, still in the boxes/packages that they came in. When I first started going to computer conferences I started picking up the freebie pinback buttons there, and I have a box full of those somewhere. I collect postcards, and have around 500 of those I think. The oldest ones I have are from the early 1900's, but my favorite ones to collect are what I call my "Lost America" collection, postcards of old roadside motels and restaurants that don't exist anymore.

And I have the most massive collection of dust and dog hair this side of the equator!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Drunk On Disney

I collect everything! I have a large collection of movies (thousands lots of obscure stuff), I have a few dozen cereal boxes, dozens and dozens of board games, my wife (our collections kinda run together) also collects plush toys (she has about 50 Donald Ducks!), thimbles, pennants and bobble head dolls.

We just recently started collecting shot glasses after someone gave me a shot glass display case.

My biggest collections, however are devoted to 2 things:
    Jurassic Park (I have hundereds of items - none too valuable, but fun)
    and
    Mr. T (I have thousands of items - many are rare, like screen worn wardrobes etc.)

Luckilly we have a pretty big house so I can display most everything.

• Drunk On Disney

I just found a couple photos of my "wacky cup collection":

The Nixon and Elvis mug
    Purchased at the gift shop of the Richard Nixon Library, this mug could easily have been purchased at Graceland. But, I ask you "Where else on God's green earth could one obtain such a thing?"
    I have spent many a morning sipping a cup of Joe from this mug and I must say that I don't know what makes me MORE ready to face the day: the coffee or the mugs of The King and The President that I see on this mug. I should drink Mug root beer from this mug as I look at their mugs as I get mugged.
    I would make a Harry Potter "muggle" reference here, but I'm just too lazy to think of one.

Minority Women of Enron cup
    I know, "Minority Women of Enron cup" sounds like the coolest soccer match ever staged, but it's not. It’s just a red cup.
    I bought this on eBay as a way to remember the Enron collapse. It seems triple depressing to me at this point. Imagine the defaulters that minority women face in the business world. Then multiply it by 10 and you can imagine what it might be like to be a minority woman who lost their job due to the Enron collapse.
    Still, it's a pretty red color and that makes me happy.

Dwayne Hickman's Fancy mug
    Dwayne Hickman was TV's Dobie Gillis. Today he is an artist and this cup proves it. This is a fine mug. Extra tall and good for coffee OR soda OR spitting chewing tobacco into.
    Dwayne was giving these away at an art event I attended last year. It showcases several of the beautiful paintings that I couldn't afford.

Spaceship Earth
    It's pretty obvious that I got this at Epcot. I don't have a unique story about it, but I do love it.
    It has a handle in the back that makes it a surprisingly small container for your favorite drink. Still, the Spaceship Earth cup isn't here to help with thirst quenching it is here to make people jealous that THEY don't have one.
    I DARE you to tell me that you AREN'T jealous of this one!
    If you can do that then I DARE you to send me $50.

My Fake Dunkin' Donuts cup
    I know it LOOKS like an ordinary Styrofoam coffee cup, but it is not! It is only pretending to be one. In fact is molded from fine plastic and will be around for many years to come.
    They still sell these at Dunkin' Donuts so go see for yourself so you don't spend your time wondering if I am just lying and showing you a picture of an old Styrofoam cup.

The Congaloosh Moose
    A small but memorable mug, this is a rendering of the talking moose head on the wall at The Adventure's Club in WDW.
    It holds very little beverage and it is difficult to hold. It has no handle and so you are left trying to grip it by his antlers. Unfortunately they are made of rubber and they bend.

Pirate Book Cup
    I found this in a Suncoast that was going out of business. I think it cost a quarter. It's a character from the Macaulay Culkin animated/live action film The Pagemaster.
    I don't drink from it; I really just needed someone to keep the moose company.

The Westin Bonaventure
    This cup is shaped like a famous Los Angeles hotel, the Westin Bonaventure. The hotel has been seen in a number of films including the climatic ending of In The Line of Fire.
    At the very top floor there is a bar/restaurant called the Bonanvista Lounge. It is circular with huge glass windows providing an amazing view of the city. The lounge even rotates.
    The restaurant was the setting for the 1980s sitcom 'It's a Living' starring Ann Jillian.
    They sell this glass along with about a dozen other wacky glasses in the shape of cowboy boots and movie cameras. The drinks can be quite strong, and since the room is already spinning it can be tough to know when you had enough to drink.
    If you go there, buy me one of the glasses shaped like the state of California. I'd go myself, but I am not allowed back.

• my favorite sociopath

I WANT EVERY THING !!! But, what I collect is Tinkerbell pins and coffee cups.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by NemoVir View Post
    I WANT EVERY THING !!! But, what I collect is Tinkerbell pins and coffee cups.

Pins! Right! I have been suckered into that racket, too!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Disney cats.....anything and everything!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I don't have a lot of space, but I collect the Disney thermal mugs you buy at the bakery on Main Street. I have about 10 of them.

I also have a few of the Dave Avanzino letterboxes ... still trying to kind Tomorrowland and Fantasyland though!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Disney antenna balls. I should take a picture of all the ones I have in the trunk of my car waiting to be put up on my antenna. I always get a new one whenever I go to the park. When I went last Thursday I bought the Easter Mickey-Easter Bunny and the Grumpy antenna balls. It's an addiction, I can't help it.

• Directly directed

Originally just Alice in Wonderland tea cups and tea sets. This has grown to incompass just about anything Alice. And since there Alice merchandise is rarer than I can justify buying it. Right?

And I also confess to collecting the disney antenna balls.
    Last edited by Alice's Wonderland; 04-06-2007 at 05:03 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

In geberal, I collect turtle stuff and - since I know you guys won't buy me anything - i'll admit I collect Snowmen. But because most snowmen are freaky/scary, I don't admit to that often.

In particular, I collect shotglasses, the stranger the shape the better.
    I also collect Disney pins and Tinker Bell stuff, though it's mostly pins and clothing articles right now.
    I also never say no to magnets
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I like to collect action figures.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• For You!

Shotglasses too! I have tons of them - and I've never had a drink in my life! It started when I went to Europe and wanted something to mark each country. Everyone was getting spoons and dolls, I saw a cute Paris shotglass - off I went. Now everyone brings them to me from all over the world. I'll try to get a pic of them

I also recently started collecting the Jim Shore disney figures. Now my hubby knows exactly what to get me for every occasion!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I guess if I had to say I collect anything it'd be Olympic pins. But even with them I'm REALLY picky about what I collect. And I'm not like those cRAyzEe Disney pin collectors either, I swear

I used to collect airline magazines. I still have some from defunt airlines (Hughes Airwest, PSA, Braniff, PanAm etc) that I'm not sure what to do with. But they're fun to look at occasionally.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post

I used to collect airline magazines. I still have some from defunt airlines (Hughes Airwest, PSA, Braniff, PanAm etc) that I'm not sure what to do with. But they're fun to look at occasionally.
    Matt - my mom used to be a flight attendant on PSA (except back then they were called stewardesses!) I'll ask her if she has any old PSA magazines.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast