Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: Vintage Disney Records

I've collected 78 rpm records for many years. I posted this in another thread, but this seems an appropriate place to show it again. I had forgotten I had this record until recently sorting through my boxes of old records. The title may be difficult to read in the photo: "Mickey Mouse And Minnie's In Town!" It was recorded about 1933. It's a happy novelty tune and really fun to hear. The other side is "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf."

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    We could probably make a whole thread out of the best way to convert records to MP3. I have been looking at turntables which include audio output that can be converted to CDs or MP3s. Not too expensive. I'll keep looking and post some ideas here. Please do the say if you run across a good solution.
    This is what I do in my spare time. I scavenge local thrift stores for strange and unusual albums .. or whatever strikes my fancy. I also love bizarre Christmas albums. After much trial and error, soul-searching, and weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, here is the method I have developed that works best.

1. Make sure the record surface is clean. Generally a light cleaning with Windex is sufficient.
    2. Connect your turntable to the computer. I have discovered that connecting to the sound card introduces some feedback into the signal. I purchased an external capture device called the ADS Instant Music. Connects via USB and gives a much cleaner signal.
    3. Record the track. I have found that of all the many audio editors, the freeware Audacity is best. It has a wonderful repair tool that can be used to remove nasty pops, dropouts, thumps, and even the occasional locked groove. Make sure to save in WAV format during this process.
    4. Next you want to remove the small pops and clicks, and the sub-sonic rumble from the turntable. The program Groove Mechanic is absolutely amazing for this.
    5. Now you want to remove the surface noise caused by the stylus moving across the vinyl. I use Cool Edit Pro for this. I take a sample of the vacant part between bands and use that as the base for noise removal.
    6. Now you want to save the restored file. If you are burning to a CD, you can save as plain LPCM WAV file. If you are planning to save as MP3, follow these guidelines. For just plain speech with no music, you can save at 64 Kbps. For most pop records and such like that, 192 Kbps is ok. For classical music, jazz, and recordings like that, 256 or even 320 Kbps is recommended.

Keep in mind that vinyl is an analog format, and has its imperfections and deficiencies. It's not really possible to get a perfect result from an imperfect source, but with practice and patience you can come darn close.

• Infinitized!

Good tips Sosai X.

If you plan to display your albums, Michaels sells album frames. Here's a link: http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=fl0077&channelid=

• HauntedOne999

I'm 24 and got my collection from my dad. I have so many in my collection. the one that is one of my favorites is "Whats the truth about mother goose" also i have one of "It's a Small World" that has songs from all over the world most sung by the vienna boys choir
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Anyone else out there a vintage Disney Record collector?
    I collect all kinds of records, Disney and otherwise.
    Mike

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Good tips Sosai X.

If you plan to display your albums, Michaels sells album frames. Here's a link: http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=fl0077&channelid=
    Here's another place that a lot of audiophiles buy from.
    http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=213
    Mike

• Life is Great!

The only one I have it one of the story ones it's Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery day. Im sure its all scratched up, but I have kept it.

"This is you Disneyland little long playing record and I am your story reader. You will know when it is time to turn the page when Tinkerbell waves her magic wand like this......"

That just popped into my head
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I am not a collector but wish I was. The only thing stopping me is my lack of a working turntable. I have at least four of them but none of them have all the required parts.

I do have one album in my possession (but not on my person). I am the owner of "Mickey Mouse disco" at my Grandma's house in Washington. Everytime I've been up there I have not had room enough to bring it back with me so it is with the rest of her record collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Colorful

We could probably make a whole thread out of the best way to convert records to MP3. I have been looking at turntables which include audio output that can be converted to CDs or MP3s. Not too expensive. I'll keep looking and post some ideas here. Please do the say if you run across a good solution.
    Hello Dusty! I do not know how to do it but I know Hank does and I have told him about this thread and I am sure he'd be happy to help you.

• Colorful

Not sure how the prices compare to ebay but here's a website with a large collection of Disney records

http://www.e-profession.com/records/..._records_a.htm

these are records with a title that begins with the letter A...if you go down to the bottom of the page you will see a link that will get you to "B" just use those links to go through their Disney vinyl catalog.

There is a Numark Turntable that connects to your PC via usb cable that is really nice for concerting your records to mp3. I bought it myself a few months ago and the quality blew me away. I bought it frm a company called sweetwater and they have free shipping so really it's the best deal for this turntable out there. There is "cheaper" companys but they are "always" out of stock. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TTUSB/
    If you save your files to mp3, please always save at 192kbps,44khz any less and it will sound muddy. anymore and you just make the file bigger with no real difference in audio quality. I will be happy to assist you in the vinyl conversions anyway I can. I'd do it for ya, but unfortunately I dont have the records..lol
    Check out my MYSPACE page, feel free to add me to yours if you like.
    http://www.myspace.com/hank74

A family oriented freeform experience. From Disney Music to disco, musicals to accapella, gospel to garage and just about anything you can think of in between, even old-time radio. Our main objective is to provide a family environment that will appeal to anyone from 8 to 80, and be just as appropriate.

Radio Odyssey Broadcasts Using The AAC+ Format Giving You CD Quality Audio

To listen in winamp, foobar, VLC Player (Mac), and etc. go here:
    http://70.84.35.130:8032/listen.pls

For Windows Media Player:
    icyx://70.84.35.130:8032
    Note: Listening In Windows Media PlayerRequires The Orban Plugin Located At
    http://www.orban.com/plugin/

• Santa Barbara, CA

I want Davy Crockett with all the old songs, like "mike fink king of the river, yeller gold, ol' betsy", etc. is it on CD?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

I guess 2 isn't necessarily a collection, however, I have the Tiki Room album and the Pirates of the Caribbean. I keep meaning to put them in album frames and hang them in my office. Both obtained on Ebay as well.

• All you need is LOVE

I have a some records also from my child hood

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I found this album at the thrift store last week. I haven't listened to it yet, is this a fun album?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast