Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking Vintage Disney Records

I got a wild hair this past month and decided to recreate my collection of Disney records from when I was a child. So, I've been Ebaying every record that I can remember having back in the 60's and early 70's. I've already got a tidy little collection and will post pictures soon.

The main records that I wanted were Peter and the Wolf and Disney's Haunted Mansion. I have fond memories of both. Now that I have the two records that I set out to get, I can't stop. Now I'm finding records from well before I was even born that I'm inexplicably compelled to buy.

Anyone else out there a vintage Disney Record collector?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Vintage Disney Records

I actually have Disney's Haunted Mansion!!!

Now if I only had a record player to play it on.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I have the original Mary Poppins soundtrack and An Evening With Walt Disney, which was a collection of well known Disney songs.

Don't tell, but I also have the original It's a Small World soundtrack with narration by Winston Hibler.

I've had all three records since I was a kid.

• Man O Lantern

Last year I bought a Small World record on eBay with Mary Blair artwork (which is how I found it--searching for Mary Blair artwork). It's been sitting next to my dresser in my room. I have no clue what to do with it! It's from 1965.

It's a "Disneyland Record" It's a Small World 18 Favorite Folk Songs sung by the Disneyland Boys Choir.

I'll probably frame it. I'd like to do a Disneyland bathroom in our new house.

• Gay Man

I've got TONS of Disney records from the 60's and 70's. Some are from our childhoods and some are ones that I have recently added to the collection. I even have a turntable!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid View Post
    I've got TONS of Disney records from the 60's and 70's. Some are from our childhoods and some are ones that I have recently added to the collection. I even have a turntable!
    That will be my next purchase. I want the Mickey Mouse record player that I had when I was a kid. It was a plastic box with Mickey on it and opened to reveal the player.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Senior Minion

I have some children's Vinyl as well from the 70's.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Hiding in the shadows

I bought the "I Love a Parade" after my daughter was born because it was my favorite growing up, I still have plans to get all of the vintage Disney records but that was the most important (from eBay of course). I am still trying to figure out the best way to get it onto my iPod without it sounding really scratchy.

• Directly directed

I have only one, an Alice in Wonderland one, and I had it turned into a purse.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I loved the Peter and the Wolf album! My brother and I listened to that a lot as children. The other one I can remember was an album my friend had called "Mambo Mickey". I can picture a bunch of us dancing around her family room listening to that album.

Not a Disney album, but another one we used to listen to a lot was the School House Rock album. I wonder if my mom has those someplace.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Not a Disney album, but another one we used to listen to a lot was the School House Rock album. I wonder if my mom has those someplace.
    The funny thing about that is that School House Rock wasn't Disney when you were a kid, but it is now (ABC/DISNEY). So, yeah, School House Rock is a Disney album
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I bought the "I Love a Parade" after my daughter was born because it was my favorite growing up, I still have plans to get all of the vintage Disney records but that was the most important (from eBay of course). I am still trying to figure out the best way to get it onto my iPod without it sounding really scratchy.

We could probably make a whole thread out of the best way to convert records to MP3. I have been looking at turntables which include audio output that can be converted to CDs or MP3s. Not too expensive. I'll keep looking and post some ideas here. Please do the say if you run across a good solution.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Senior Minion

I've got two of those albums with the storybook attached: Snow White and Babes In Toyland.

• So Far E!

I have quite a few... I have the Mickey Disco Album, Walt Disney's The Best of Disney album Volume One, Disney's Haunted Mansion, Bambi (the one with the rainbow colored sky), many read along story ones (my favorite is a mother goose nursury rhymes with Disney characters) I have every record from my childhood. I'm such a Pack Rat.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Last year I bought a Small World record on eBay with Mary Blair artwork (which is how I found it--searching for Mary Blair artwork). It's been sitting next to my dresser in my room. I have no clue what to do with it! It's from 1965.

It's a "Disneyland Record" It's a Small World 18 Favorite Folk Songs sung by the Disneyland Boys Choir.

I'll probably frame it. I'd like to do a Disneyland bathroom in our new house.
    I also bought a It's a Small World album, not the same one it doesn't sound like. I'll most likely end up framing it as well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast