Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Wiring MainStreet Platform Pieces

So FINALLY I have the last piece of my puzzle, the wiring harness HAS arrived. I must admit, for the $175 that it cost, I was expecting MUCH nicer....guess we're paying for the amortization of a small run. ::ah well:: , I'll probably order another one n' try to make it better (leaving my orig. other intact in case I fail!) ...I"m hoping to remove the wires from the PCBs without lifting off the pads. I would rather have connectors attaching to the PCBs rather than having the wires soldered and potted (poor job too!) to the thing...I know it was a less expensive way to go (the soldering/potting) but I just don't like it.

Has anyone reworked the harness supplied by Olszewski? Flyboy, I know you wired up your own custom harness, did you find the Olszewski one inferior to the one you made?

• Mililani, Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    So FINALLY I have the last piece of my puzzle, the wiring harness HAS arrived. I must admit, for the $175 that it cost, I was expecting MUCH nicer....guess we're paying for the amortization of a small run. ::ah well:: ...
    Has anyone reworked the harness supplied by Olszewski?

Flyboy, I know you wired up your own custom harness, did you find the Olszewski one inferior to the one you made?
    I did do my own harness. But, the main issue with my set up was that each unit/building was directly connected to an individual transformer (the ones that came with sculpture). The big plus on the Olszewski set is reducing the amount of transformers required.

I too was surprised at the nest of wires and will most likely tie wrap them together and stuff.

I hadn't analyzed the set up too much (parallel vice series etc) and my take a better look later.

One thing I found out is to check the light system on a building for aat least a full cycle. I bought a piece at the park - tested it there (worked). Got it home, put on the platform tested again and it worked again. The problem was I never tested more than a minute or so. One piece works fine for almost two minutes then both types of lights begin to flicker and eventualy shuts down.

One hint for the street... I put the rubber bumpers on the platform and let the roadway rest on top of them. This lets me route the wires better. The other way the rubber feet on the roadway kept setting on wires. Moving them just caused them to shift to under another rubber foot.
    Next DLR Trip: 6-11 Oct 2010
    Club 33: A really big fan...
    Olszewski Fan

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Thanks so much for the 'bumper' tip..I'm sure I'll be back for more as I arrange to start unpacking the lot, (and testing the lighting!) in a matter of weeks. Having the rooms painted first before I 'transform' them to will be ode to Disneyland...

Will keep ya'll posted on my progress!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123