• Gumball Rally Godfather

Vintage poster lot commands $1324 on ebay!!

The legendary Disneyana auctioneer, Howard Lowery, closed out an auction today on ebay of 6 vintage Disneyland posters that were sold in the Park in 1966... presumably to celebrate the opening of New Orleans Square.

These posters were significantly smaller than the original 36" x 54" silkscreened attraction posters that made their debut at Disneyland in the summer of 1956. Measuring 30" x 22" these were small enough to buy the whole set and hang in your bedroom. They could serve as a joful reminder of your last visit to the Park until you could go again!

What was amazing to me was the sale price of $1324.00!! Maybe the price was high because it was a complete set, or maybe it was because there were at least 2 very interested bidders. Either way, this is a phenomenal amount of money for non-silkscreened posters to sell for.

I am lucky enough to own 3 myself. Adventureland, Frontierland, and Main Street USA. Luckily, I got my 3 posters in a lot on ebay that wasn't advertising them as "attraction posters", so I paid much, much less. Needless to say, I was happy to see this lot sell for so much. So was Tigerlily. When I go to the great themepark in the sky, she's going to sell them all and go to Italy!
    Until then... they ain't goin' anywhere!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Disgruntled Former CM

Re: Vintage poster lot commands $1324 on ebay!!

Oh, they are GORGEOUS...

I think that (depending on the condition...) the price was very reasonable for the Entire Set (of 6 - this puts them at just over $220 a piece...); glad to hear that you got a Steal of a Deal on yours... thanks for sharing

• Gay Man

These are fantastic posters! The price is a bit steep, but it is a very nice set.

• Senior Minion

Wow woow and Woww. Those are amazing posters. What a price!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• All you need is LOVE

wow love them what a high price

• Santa Barbara, CA

I had ALL of them on my bedroom wall as a kid. I LOVED them. and they look like the ones i had. i wonder if they are?? its like seeing an old friend. thanks for posting.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post

Well, it looks like the Year of a Million Dreams isn't the first time Disney's stuck the castle up in the clouds (not to mention using an entirely different castle altogether!). Interesting.

Awesome posters, Circ. Thanks for sharing

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

I know I have the Adventureland, Frontierland, and Main Street ones, still rolled up in their little plastic baggies they came in, with the old sky blue Disneyland price tags still on them. I'm pretty sure I don't have the others. Why I didn't purchase the others...I have no idea. Perhaps they were out-of-stock at the time?

These really were just the super cheapie type souvenir bedroom posters on slick magazine type paper. They were something like $1 each. It really is surprising that they went for so much money in auction.

• New Old Member

Is that a hidden Mickey straight up above the "Y" in Fantasyland?!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

haha, I remember seeing this on Ebay the other day, I was looking for some of those posters for the attractions at WDW.....I was tempted when everyone was showing off their collections...now, I want some for my living room!!!!