Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Aug 4th release and signing

Just got an e-mail stating my pavillion was shipped today with delivery on Friday!!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

What online site can you buy the pieces on? Besides ebay obviously.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Jlapp20 View Post
    What online site can you buy the pieces on? Besides ebay obviously.
    The pieces are available for pre-order about a week before the release of the picture at the park. Go to disneygallery.com and click on the Olszewski link. When pieces are about to be released, there's info there.

Kinda quiet around here.. everybody saving their money and posts for Sept 22nd..

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I'm just waiting to see the Tiki Room delivered...I missed UPS on friday, and again today (what's with their delivery window? 10:30 til 4pm?!)...so just sent them a note to please redeliver to my office (more in tune with their delivery window since they almost mirror my work hours! ha!). Soooo hopefully TOMORROW I get it! Not much else going on until the 22nd of September -- lest somebody catches wind of one of those FIRE TRUCKs for sale on ebay??!! Rollin' up the sleeves now getting ready to put the whole thing together on a temporary table....I think we're leaning towards a 2 step set up process. The first one being to just get the thing layed out, not necessarily lit up or any of the details (balsa wood filler, etc.,) done. THEN, next year, once the wire harness and the #4 tree set are here, we'll try out our wood working skills and build a permanent display table for it with tempered glass rather than the plexi. What's everyone else doing?? Just kills me to keep walking past the living room with all those boxes stacked.....no one can seeeeee the treasure they hold!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    I'm just waiting to see the Tiki Room delivered...I missed UPS on friday, and again today (what's with their delivery window? 10:30 til 4pm?!)...so just sent them a note to please redeliver to my office (more in tune with their delivery window since they almost mirror my work hours! ha!). Soooo hopefully TOMORROW I get it! Not much else going on until the 22nd of September -- lest somebody catches wind of one of those FIRE TRUCKs for sale on ebay??!! Rollin' up the sleeves now getting ready to put the whole thing together on a temporary table....I think we're leaning towards a 2 step set up process. The first one being to just get the thing layed out, not necessarily lit up or any of the details (balsa wood filler, etc.,) done. THEN, next year, once the wire harness and the #4 tree set are here, we'll try out our wood working skills and build a permanent display table for it with tempered glass rather than the plexi. What's everyone else doing?? Just kills me to keep walking past the living room with all those boxes stacked.....no one can seeeeee the treasure they hold!
    Sooo.... Did you get your package yet??

•   

The waiting! No I didn't get my Tiki Room yet...it will be delivered TODAY! I very MUCH look forward to going into the office today! hahahahaha

• Done and Gone

I won't put it together until I get the wiring harness thingy. (And the Astro-Orbitor, but thats another issue.) I might just place them on the platform but nothing permanent until its time.

To pass the time I have been working on my model skills. I built a railroad a while back but I am trying to build the skills back up. Working with the train ballast and other small things like balsa wood etc so when the time comes I am ready to build. Also reading up on my plans to add sound to my platform and maybe even a small fireworks display.

On a larger scale, we are making plans for the room where it will stay. Painting, wall paper, decorations, a couple of flat screens to play Disney DVD's. Also working on a better base than the table I am currently using. Its going to be my little exhibit once it's done.

It will be weird once the 22nd has come and gone. Though the money saved will pay for some of the plans above... lol

• Done and Gone

Unrelated funny story: I bought my Disneyland sign through the phone number, afraid they would run out...

Went to this last release and they had them.. Ok, fine. UPS just seemed to give up on delivering it. Never made a 3rd attempt. I finally called and made arrangements to pick it up. No worries right?

So finally yesterday, I go to pick it up and somehow it ended up in Kentucky... LOL

•   

Got my package!! Tiki room looks FANTASTIC! The workmanship...must've been a different factory than the one that did the marquee sign. WOW I'm impressed ...the fronds on the palm trees! Incredible!

Note to Sneakerspray re: small fireworks display....WOW wouldn't that be cool?!! I'd be making sure the FireHouse and FireTruck have WORKING running water..hahahaha JUST in case!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12