Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: Whats your oldest Disney collectible?

An early 30s 78RPM record called, "Mickey Mouse And Minnie's In Town."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    An early 30s 78RPM record called, "Mickey Mouse And Minnie's In Town."
    That's just plain awesome!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

After a little research, I've determined that my record was made in 1933. "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?" is the other side. I've also found the song posted online for those who'd like to listen.

(To avoid using up too much of the poster's bandwidth, if you think you might want to download the song, do that first. Then listen to it. It downloads in about 30 seconds. If you listen first, then download, it uses twice as much bandwidth. )

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I have a vynal of Cinderella in a large cardboard type cover with an illustrated book pages also on the rca Victor lable. Its a toss up between that record and my American Pottery Shaw ceramics Snow White and all 7 dwarfs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
    American Pottery Shaw ceramics Snow White and all 7 dwarfs.
    I'd bet that ceramic Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs is worth a pretty penny! I'd hang on to that!!!!!! I saw a Shaw piece on Ebay, just the dog, Jock, from Lady and the Tramp, going for $24.99. If you have all 8 pieces...it would be a nice amount, I'd bet. Sounds cool, I'd love to see it.

well, this is kind of a cheat, but my Herbie is a 1963 VW, tha would make it the oldest Disney used item I own.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    well, this is kind of a cheat, but my Herbie is a 1963 VW, tha would make it the oldest Disney used item I own.
    That's so cool!

My oldest Disney item is my autograph book from when I was a kid kid (since I'm still a kid).

I also have a ceramic snow White since when I was like... eight? Mint condition. And an Aurora figurine made from the same time and the same store. =D Also mint.

• Old Timer

I also have the Snow White set I got at Disneyland. The Dwarves were $.97 and with the three cents sales tax it took the dollar I got everytime my family went. I still have the paper labels with the names of the pieces on them.

However, I believe my oldest Disney item is probably my mother's Snow White paperdoll set from 1937.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I have 4 great postcards from around the 40's. I love them SOOO much. We found them at a new/used bookstore that sells collectible postcards. I have since framed them...and they are hanging in my living room. I could tell you the exact dates....but, it took me forever to put them in that frame.

I also had a bronze donald duck bank. Don't know anything about it.....it's at my parent's house. It must be old...been around since I have...I'm 27

• no flash photography...

I don't have old stuff and they probably aren't collectibles, but I have a parking stub which reads $.25.

When I was a small child I would always get a stuffed animal. I still have bernard, bianca and flower.

When I got older I would collect the porcelain statues. they used to be breakable. I only have cinderella left.

I also have some disney dollars that are pretty old. Maybe from the80's or whenever they started doing them. I gave some to my mother, because she was going to have them framed, then i found more in my locked box.

I have a book that has captain EO in it. I never saw it, but it was funny to see in the book. it was one of those soft cover, remeber your day books.

I just remembered something else. Somewhere I have an mickey mouse club vinyl record. Unless my parents got rid of it. All my stuff was at their house and one day they had a yard sale and sold most of my stuff..

• Infinitized!

I think the oldest thing in my collection is the book Walt Disney Disneyland published by Arnoldo Mondadori Editore. The copyright date is 1964. The next one in my collection is the book Disney's America On Parade by David Jacobs which came out in 1975. This one is interesting as it traveled around the world a bit. There's a sticker on the inside cover from a bookstore in Johannesburg.

• Disgruntled Former CM

I have a beautiful Christmas card sent out by Disney Studios in 1937 with a pen and ink drawing of the "Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs" logo and cast on the front, 'Holiday Greetings from Walt Disney Studios' inside, and a little scene from "Pinocchio" on the back - with the words 'Coming next...'
    just gorgeous.

The oldest stuff I have would be my Haunted Mansion LP from 1969 (the one with Ron Howard) and my POTC skull also from 1969. Yep, I had the privledge of rideing the Mansion during it's first week of operation.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

The Shaw,American Pottery , Snow white and seven dwarfs are the ones that set on the table next to Mr Eisner when he played Walt and hosted some ABC Disney movies and specials .Its a beautiful set but most important it is part of my childhood. It sat on some bookcases in our dinning room ( just a walk thru from the living room to the kitchen) along with bambi with the butterfly on his tail. Well many years later my love for Disney grew and always in the back of my mind were these figurines. So liet say 25 to 30 years later I am looking thru my moms stuff from only 2 moves and all I find is Dopey ,grumpy, and Bambi . Who knows where the rest went or if they were just a figment of my imagination. But I was on a mission after doing all my research I found the manufacter (s) and Ebay joined my world. The rest is history...but I did learn some important info : someone on ebay told me that her Aunt worked for American Pottery/Shaw and that they did the painting of the ceramics and that the painter was id'd by the number of dots in black on around the hole in the bottom of the piece , and sure enough there are marks on the bottom of each piece. If memory serves me right 3 dots was her aunt Helen the painter. I know these were the original ceramics after a fire that destroyed the original factory , the molds were sold to another , Metlox??? that made more of these figurines. Also produced by the same vendor were Pinocchio ( which I have) , Alice ( very rare and beautful) . Dee and Dum and The Mad Hatter, and Warus ( all I can think of when I see it is the Beatles .."I am the Walrus.." Bambi, Faline, Thumper and his girlfriend , Flower, and Owl ( which is hard to find ) The three Cabllaros ( have all 3), Mickey and Minnie odd ones but I have , a much smaller version of Donald and his 3 nephews (Huey, Dewy and Louie) playing baseball which I also have managed to collect.Collecting is fun and should be for fun. I am sad for the passing of Bruce Gordon now I look at the Nickel Tour even more as a labor of love than a collectors item. I also love my Van Aresdale " Windows on Main Street" but I love just as much my Mickey Mouse flasher that I somewhere along the line purchase for a showing of ELP and my grandsons first Autopia drivers license . Its just been an amazing thing collecting all my " stuff" ; I can just walk in my Disney room and smile and forget the real world outside my berm and as my family just knows makes me happy just for what it is the memories and happiness it brings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12