Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• done

September 22, 2007 Olszewski release update

http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html - I've updated the site to include a report on today's release.

Click on the "latest updates" link, and then click on the link for the September 22, 2007 update, which includes information about a very poorly run release, the completed Main Street setup, extensive pictures of Peter Pan's Flight, updates on releases and re-releases of miniatures pieces, Gallery of Light pieces, heirloom boxes and new Disney pokitpals.

Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: September 22 release event

Thank you for the pictures! I can't wait until I can afford to start my own collection!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Mililani, Hawaii

It was an interesting event - to say the least.
    I arrived at front gates about 0650. - Got my pieces and met some folks that I see on here now and then

They also had a few of the heirloom boxes. I was able to get a Tiki room one.

The inspection process was the killer to this I think. But, I just had to get there and get my pieces. You just don't know how tired I was getting up so early to get there (and with the jet lag from flying in from a three hour "later" time zone...

I normally don't buy spares. But, got one extra set of the buildings just to be able to offer them at "the-place-that-shall-not-be-named" at a price closer to the regular price.

Well, was a long day (and just got up). A good and fair trip report from csstephens above (I am actually in the picture of the black covered platform - yes I wore the hat.

ps... happy birthday fishbulb
    Next DLR Trip: 6-11 Oct 2010
    Club 33: A really big fan...
    Olszewski Fan

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

so no accessory packs then?? or is that monday the 24th?

• Done and Gone

They had the turnstiles but not the other packs. We were told to call deliver ears monday morning. They mentioned a list but it got a little chaotic so I couldn't follow up. Anyone have more?

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    They had the turnstiles but not the other packs. We were told to call deliver ears monday morning. They mentioned a list but it got a little chaotic so I couldn't follow up. Anyone have more?
    Well, I called and ordered mine this morning, but if you haven't called yet, you are probably out of luck. When I called (at around 10am pacific), they told me that they were almost sold out already.

That may just be DelivEARs, they may be saving some to sell in the park when they become available.

• Done and Gone

Denied on the acc pack. According to the lady they just stopped taking orders around 3pm. I just had a free moment in my day to call and I was a little too late to the party. Sigh. At least I got the other items but I thought someone had mentioned some kind of list? Someone at Disneyana had mentioned a list as well but for now I have been turned away.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

ok rats...me too. I'm back to Ebay. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted! (getting a few pieces at AP prices!).

• Disneyland Fan

I wonder if there is another shipment of Accessory Packs on the way. It doesn't make sense that they would have such a small supply. Both the Grotto and the Plaza Inn had a second shipment...
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

has anybody who pre-ordered the accy packs on the 11th been told that the pieces wont ship till oct 10th? I was told on the 11th that they would ship today but now being told by delivears oct 10th!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Done and Gone

They said to expect the other accessory pack in the park within a couple of weeks. In particular, the lady mentioned Oct 1 as an in park date but of course you never know. Still, I'll be checking with deliverears daily next week. No ebay for me this close to the end.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I was told by Delivears that even the accessory pack that was available on Sept 22nd won't be shipped out to the pre-order folks until Oct 10th which is kind of wacky to me since that's what a "Pre-order" is suppossed to be. We should have at least gotten the pack that was available on the 22nd....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Done and Gone

Hmmm. Oct 10 is later than the supposed avail in park for the second set. Gotta keep my eyes peeled on this thread.

• done

Anyone who buys pieces off ebay is just enabling the people who buy the pieces only for profit. There are more accessory kits available. Disney just didn't order enough to begin with, but there are more available. It just takes a couple weeks to get everything back in stock since they're not actually having to get them from the manufacturer.

• Mililani, Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Anyone who buys pieces off ebay is just enabling the people who buy the pieces only for profit. There are more accessory kits available. Disney just didn't order enough to begin with, but there are more available. It just takes a couple weeks to get everything back in stock since they're not actually having to get them from the manufacturer.
    Well, I am sorry that all ebay transactions are considered bad. I myself can't attend all events. I try to get from "the source" but have had to resort to ebay to get items I don't have. Also, have sold odd and ends. Even in this case I have extra set for a friend who now can't afford them so I put them up. I did not travel all that way just to get items to sell (don't even have an extra acc pack) I could have just pre-ordered.

I am frustrated at the ebay presale folks, extreme markups and folks who watermark the Disney pictures with their own information.

enough said on this topic from me...

I still like my platform and the folks I meet at the events.
    Next DLR Trip: 6-11 Oct 2010
    Club 33: A really big fan...
    Olszewski Fan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast