Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Shadowboxes by Dave Avanzino Available

dang, I cannot seem to be able to post the picture
    Last edited by dcs287; 01-06-2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: picture didn't load right

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm happy I did get the New Orleans Square shadowbox when I did! It was the one I was looking forward to most. The only problem now is that I need most of the rest of them. I was only able to buy "Disneyland", "Fantasyland", and "New Orleans Square". I'd LOVE for Disney to re-release these so I could finish the collection.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I'm happy I did get the New Orleans Square shadowbox when I did! It was the one I was looking forward to most. The only problem now is that I need most of the rest of them. I was only able to buy "Disneyland", "Fantasyland", and "New Orleans Square". I'd LOVE for Disney to re-release these so I could finish the collection.
    Me too because the Fantasyland just sold on Ebay for over $500, so, if you are looking to SELL yours...you could make some serious cash! ha! Especially the NOS and the FL.

Smile Re: Disneyland Shadowboxes by Dave Avanzino Available

I went on the familiar hunt for Dave's pieces last year ... I happened to be on Main Street when E-bay notified my cell phone and I won Tomorrowland ... the last one I needed to complete the set. I was hunting E-bay Japan, emailing Dave begging him to make just one more ... the whole enchilada! I was fortunate enough to have Dave sign them all for my daughter when I was still pregnant, she is now 4 months old. They are hanging proudly to scale of the DL map with the Kinkade castle in the center of her bedroom wall. She has no idea that it will all probably pay for part of her college one day.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but in case it hasn't been mentioned, AMS Character's warehouse has some. I know they have frontierland, and possibly toontown. I think there are some others not in the series. If you go online and find the AMS site, they will list all the phone numbers to the warehouses up and down the west coast and you can call to see if any are available ... Good luck all, I totally know how it feels!

PS Go to Dave's website and see the personalized names he does ... they are out of this world!
    Blessings!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pen and Inkwell View Post
    If you go online and find the AMS site, they will list all the phone numbers to the warehouses up and down the west coast and you can call to see if any are available ... !
    How long ago did you find Toontown at a Warehouse????? And, where?? I'd like to call them, but, don't want to call them ALL.

Thanks in advance. I am missing several of the early ones, but, don't have $500 to invest in one.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Yesterday I tried Fullerton, Pomona, Las Vegas and Salt Lake, and none of those four have any Avanzino shadow boxes. So, that will save you four phone calls They all indicated it had been months since they've had any, which was discouraging. It may not do any good, but I'm going to be writing Disneyland asking that they re-release these. $500+ for a $75 original price seems to indicate there may be a market. Wasn't the "Disneyland" one unavailable for a long time and now the park has it again? I ordered it last week from DelivEARS, so maybe they'll make others available again eventually? I'm really late to this game but would love to have most of them eventually.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Looks like someone has just put their collection on Ebay. Right now there's a Main Street, Fantasyland, Frontierland and Adventureland up for sale.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

I've only been aware of these for a couple weeks now, so I don't have a feel for the market. Does anyone have any info on the following:

Adventureland: I notice one went on 3/4 for $470. Is this typical or is it a case of one-time emotional bidding (I've been guilty of that before )?

Fantasyland: 2 auctions recently at $525 and $662. I'm guessing this is typical since there have been two?

Frontierland: Seems to be the lowest-priced and easiest to get. Should I be able to get one for $100 or less?

Main Street: Going prices lately? I don't see any completed on ebay in the last month, but I'm watching the two up now on ebay with great curiosity.

Critter Country, , Tomorrowland, Toontown & New Orleans: Also don't see any completed auctions, nor are there any up right now. Has anyone noticed if these have been auctioned lately? I am particularly interested in Critter Country and what the market is getting. Out of all of these, Critter Country is the one we like the most.

If the prices above are typical, I'll have to hope for re-releases at Disneyland sometime. While these pieces are awesome, they're not $500 awesome to me--at least not yet . Thanks in advance for any help!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

As the person who won the $500 Fantasyland auction, that seems to be the going rate for that particular one. Adventureland is a gorgeous sign and will probably go for about the same.

I purchased Frontierland and Main Street at the Character Warehouse (a couple of years ago) so there may be more of those out there than the others.

Critter Country, from what I have seen, is probably the toughest to find. I have a feeling that it will sell for a bundle is ever on EBay.

Good luck!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Thank you so much for the info and the quick reply! Unfortunatley, that's the info I was anticipating. Congrats on winning Fantasyland!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I found most of my collection on ebay within the last year. By far NOS, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland commanded the highest prices. ($500-$800). Last time I saw CritterCountry up on ebay it went for a paltry $152 (I missed it by minutes!!) --I've since been UBER lucky to secure one for a very reasonable sum of $300.
    Here's how my collection broke down the bank:
    Disneyland - purchased at the park
    MainStreet - ebay, $200+
    Frontierland - ebay, $200+
    Fantasyland - ebay, $500+
    Tomorrowland - ebay, $almost $600
    NOS - ebay, $800+
    Critter Country - $300+
    Adventureland -ebay, $300+
    ToonTown - ebay $400+

And I'd pay it again in a heartbeat. Stunning collection!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

All4dISNEY: Thanks! That really helps to know prices within the past year--let's me know I'll either need to take these off my wish list, or perhaps plan on one or two a year at those prices. I wish Disney would say whether they plan on re-issuing these or not.

Congrats on a wonderful collection! Do you have them all displayed on a wall together, or are they spread throughout the house? My wife and I decided if we are able to get some we'll put them above doorways to various parts of the house that "fit" with the name of the land. For example, Critter Country would lead into the kids' play room. Main Street in the entryway. Frontierland in the family room, which has that theme already. Fantasyland in the hall towards the kids room. Adventureland into the bedroom

Thanks again for the info IndianaJenn and All4dISNEY. Hope you have an awesome day!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Ahhh that's my dilema. Currently they are all on sitting on shelves in the office/gameroom. I LOVE the above the door idea! My only beef with there is they are too far away to view up close and I just love looking at them close up. SO I thought I might have DH arrange them on the wall in the office al la the true layout. But all within viewing height.

I have fallen for the new series as well...the anticipation for the latest TikiRoom, it's worse than Christmas for me!! Luckily, this series, I'm ON the ball and in the game as they are released --rather than 2nd market collectors prices!

Brilliant, brilliant work. I see a new detail everytime I look at them.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    I found most of my collection on ebay within the last year. By far NOS, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland commanded the highest prices. ($500-$800). Last time I saw CritterCountry up on ebay it went for a paltry $152 (I missed it by minutes!!) --I've since been UBER lucky to secure one for a very reasonable sum of $300.
    Here's how my collection broke down the bank:
    Disneyland - purchased at the park
    MainStreet - ebay, $200+
    Frontierland - ebay, $200+
    Fantasyland - ebay, $500+
    Tomorrowland - ebay, $almost $600
    NOS - ebay, $800+
    Critter Country - $300+
    Adventureland -ebay, $300+
    ToonTown - ebay $400+

And I'd pay it again in a heartbeat. Stunning collection!
    Holy crap!!! There's no way I can afford to complete the collection if things have gotten that pricey! I'm praying that Disneyland decides to re-release these....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Holy crap!!! There's no way I can afford to complete the collection if things have gotten that pricey! I'm praying that Disneyland decides to re-release these....
    My feeling is that I was SO lucky to get Adventureland, Frontierland and Main Street for like $30 each at the outlet....I cannot spend 800.00 on a box! It just isn't in my budget, nor, is it me! ha! I can't spend even 300.00 on an item that came from the very collection I spent $30 for one of the boxes! I will buy the new ones that come out, and, maybe someday, I will get the others. I have an Adventurland....paid $30 for it. Saw it on Ebay sell for $455. BELIEVE ME....I am seriously thinking of selling mine! ha!

I have Adventureland, Main Street, Frontierland, Disneyland, Haunted Mansion, POTC and Nightmare Before Christmas. And, LOVE them all. I also can't wait for Tiki Room.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast