• Distant Disneylandaholic

New Collector - Display Case question

Hi all:

I'm brand new to the Olszewski Disneyland collection. I just ordered four pieces yesterday--after getting permission from my wife We've got the Castle, Train Station, City Hall and Peter Pan on the way.

My question: have any of you found a good display case for the individual pieces? I don't need anything fancy. They'll be high on a shelf or bookcase, so I just want to keep the pieces protected from dust and potential flying objects while on display. Anyone found any clear plastic cases that work? Any good online sources? Or did you have them custom-made? Prices? I searched this forum, didn't see anything specific, but may have missed it.

Thanks in advance for any help! I keep telling myself we'll limit this to only certain pieces--will not do the entire Main Street--wish me luck!

• World Traveler

Re: New Collector - Display Case question

Welcome to the Olszewski collection!

We're collecting the WDW pieces, but have placed them in cases made by Cases for Collectibles.com

We have our Cinderella Castle in a mirrored back case all by itself and the other pieces in an enclosed mirrored wall unit made by Custom Display Cases. The prices are not very high.

Good luck!

• Long live the Fire Lord

Deltof from IKEA, great, inexpensive display cases.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Talking Re: New Collector - Display Case question

Dr. G - congrats on your awesome collection. Some ideas can be found on the artist's web site www.olszewskistudios.com where other collectors have created or solved ways to display. From my view; however being supportive of my brother's art there is only one way to go and that is getting it all and displaying it in the platform. Thank you for appreciating my brother's art! Ray

• Distant Disneylandaholic

mikeland & Crazybirdman : Thank you so much for your input and suggestions! And so fast too. Time to get hunting.

ROlszewski: Thank you too. Please tell your brother I'm impressed by his work. I'd love to have the entire collection, but space and $ sometimes get in the way I loved looking at the photos on the website--gorgeous stuff!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Mike! Fantastic! I was in a quandry how to display the 'non' platformed items...
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Welcome to the Olszewski collection!

We're collecting the WDW pieces, but have placed them in cases made by Cases for Collectibles.com

We have our Cinderella Castle in a mirrored back case all by itself and the other pieces in an enclosed mirrored wall unit made by Custom Display Cases. The prices are not very high.

Good luck!

I like those mirrored cases. I checked out the website, but wondered about the power cords for the pieces. I couldn't find info on that, but what did you do in your situation? Are your pieces plugged in through the cases?

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I like those mirrored cases. I checked out the website, but wondered about the power cords for the pieces. I couldn't find info on that, but what did you do in your situation? Are your pieces plugged in through the cases?
    Ah, good eye. For the castle piece, the power cord (supplied with the piece) is simply placed under the clear cover to the outlet. For the multi level piece, we had to drill small holes in the back to run the power cord through. The holes are small and in the back so no one really notices them.

I have all these power cords plugged into a power switch with an on/off button so that I can control the lights without having to open the display.