Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Hangin Around

Re: Dave Avanzino Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Available

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    I bought two today ... one for myself .... and one for Skywaygirl ... who lives a little too far away to get one for herself.

It looks so cool!

I still want a Fantasyland one though!
    Thank you again Jenn for picking one up for me.

I just ordered my HM through DelivEARS. Shipping was high, $32 to Northern California but overall it was still cheaper than through eBay. And I'm not sure when the next time I'll be down at DLR will be and didn't want them to be sold out. They also had the Disneyland ($75) and POTC ($98) boxes available so I ordered them as well. For some reason, shipping them all together would have been more expensive than separately (go figure!) so they're being shipped individually.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Mauison View Post
    I just ordered my HM through DelivEARS. Shipping was high, $32 to Northern California but overall it was still cheaper than through eBay.
    Considering the fact that availability at DLR in the parks is so sketchy, this is not a bad deal at all. It looks as though DelivEARS is able to sell them directly from distribution, separately from having to be in stock and on the shelf at Disneyana or OTP. It beats taking trip after trip to DLR only to be disappointed that they're gone... or even worse when they are already selling the last one for the day right in front of you when you walk in the door!
    --Jonathan

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Don't you have ALL of them, Dusty??? Lucky dog!!!!! I am so green with envy! I wish I'd known these existed before they were sold out at the parks and I found some at the outlets!
    Actually, I don't have all of them. I have the original Disney letter boxes (Main Street, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, etc.) - However, I didn't get the later lands like Critter Country and New Orleans Square (in case anyone is looking to get me a little present )

Haunted Mansion will be the first of the ride series of boxes. The Pirates one was really cool, but I didn't get it. But I sure do love them.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Haunted Mansion will be the first of the ride series of boxes. The Pirates one was really cool, but I didn't get it. But I sure do love them.
    Yeah, I managed to resist the NBX and Pirates ones... but this new HM one just had me at first glance... and when I saw it in person, like, WoW!

The bad thing is it's really making me look at all the other ones in a new light... I'm starting to want them all! Like I've always admired the Tinkerbell one.. the lighting effects are just great.
    --Jonathan

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I have the tinkerbell one and love it, anytime I need a DL-hotel 'fix' I just turn the room lights out n' turn tink on...ooooooo niiiiiiiice.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I have an extra Tomorrowland ...but it needs repair. I'd planned to have it professionally done n' then stick it on ebay in hopes of recouping some of my $...but a talented individual could do the repair themselves w/ some tweezers n' modeling glue... (or if in SoCal perhaps beg Mr. Avanzino's assistance!?)

Thought I'd throw it out there just in case anyone is looking for a screamin' deal (compared to what I paid, that is...). PM me if interested! I'm willing to let it go to a fellow MC-er at great discount.

And back to the new HM box...WOW. Love it! Wish I'd discovered I like his art sooner.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

PM sent!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Absolutely beautiful! Dave, your work is truly wonderful and a complete delight to us Disneyland lovers

• Banned User

Got mine in the mail today....it's BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This happened with the POTC one too. Good heavens, DL, package it better! So, they are sending a replacement and a call tag for this one. I cannot believe it's broken and it's the 2nd time I've received a broken one.

It's smaller than both POTC and NBC, but, it's very cool. I love it. Can't wait to get one that's in ONE piece!!!!

• Padawan

Wow, sorry to hear yours came broken. I bet it's hard to tell though if it broke on its way to you, or it was broken when they shipped it. I doubt they opened it up before shipping. Hopefully you will get a replacement in perfect condition!
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear yours came broken. I bet it's hard to tell though if it broke on its way to you, or it was broken when they shipped it. I doubt they opened it up before shipping. Hopefully you will get a replacement in perfect condition!
    Here's hoping, because it is SO cool!!!! I hung it up anyway! haha! (I think I already reported that.) Until I get the new one, I want it hanging in my computer room/office/son's old bedroom!

Don't feel bad about it being broken. A lot of them are coming in broken to the park, I made 5 trips only to find them sold out, only broken ones and then finally got there when they had two left and someone buying one, turns out that one was broken and he got the last one, finally my 6th trip to the park looking, I finally got one. The cast member did not even want to take it out of the box to check it becuase of how fragile they are.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I have two - mine and Skywaygrl's. Maybe I should open them up since they are still boxed.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Hangin Around

^ Did you open them?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast