Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Dave Avanzino Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Available

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    I have two - mine and Skywaygrl's. Maybe I should open them up since they are still boxed.
    Yeah, definitely you should check them!!
    --Jonathan

I realized after posting that I didn't open mine yet, I don't want to know if one of the two I got, one for me and one for a friend, was broken. I opened up one last night night and it was fine.

• Banned User

I was in the park last night and the ones they have on display in WOD, OTP and Disneyana all had broken fingers on the corners of the coffin box. The 2 I got both had broken fingers and so I just glued them back myself, otherwise it was fine. They have said the fingers break very easily so check to make sure all 4 hands have all the fingers they are suppose to have. Some good super glue will do the trick and make them even stronger. Such a great piece!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I was in the park last night and the ones they have on display in WOD, OTP and Disneyana all had broken fingers on the corners of the coffin box. The 2 I got both had broken fingers and so I just glued them back myself, otherwise it was fine. They have said the fingers break very easily so check to make sure all 4 hands have all the fingers they are suppose to have. Some good super glue will do the trick and make them even stronger. Such a great piece!!!!
    That's exactly what is broken off on mine! All 4 hands have missing fingers. Geez Disney!!!! I hope the one they send to replace it (and I DO hope they have a replacement...though they did not indicate they didn't) is all intact. How frustrating for so many of us. I should not have to pay for the box AND $32.00 shipping, to have it broken and have to Super Glue pieces back together. That's rediculous!!!!!! It IS a wonderful piece, but, the manufacuring is shoddy. If I get another one that has broken fingers, I will ask for a HUGE discount to glue it back together myself. (And, I'd be VERY unhappy to have to do so!)

• Banned User

Maybe you need to just relax and take a breath. Its just one of those things in life. It is what it is. I decided that it was too great to keep running back to the park and open them all to find 2 non broken ones. It isn't Disney's fault, nor is it the artist fault, not the shipping, etc. So I just took what I got and then fixed them my self. Better that than risk not having one at all. Besides the super glue makes it better and stronger than if it weren't broken. In fact it might be a good idea to go over all fingers with a small dad of super glue just to strengthen them. The phone people you call for Delievers are just usually minimum paid people answering phones and are no where near the products. That is all computerized.

Hey there everyone. Thanks so much for your nice comments about the Haunted Mansion piece. It is so great to read them after putting in so much time on this piece and waiting so long for it to be released.

I'm sorry there has been some problems with breakage. That does happen and seems to happen more when the items are shipped so if you can pick it up at the Park yourself you'll have better luck. Plus, you can look at them in person and check for damage. When you unpack them be very careful of the fingers and the small pointed cones on the bottom of the frame. These seem to be what breaks.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your artwork.
    Dave Avanzino

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davanzino View Post
    I'm sorry there has been some problems with breakage. That does happen and seems to happen more when the items are shipped so if you can pick it up at the Park yourself you'll have better luck. Plus, you can look at them in person and check for damage. When you unpack them be very careful of the fingers and the small pointed cones on the bottom of the frame. These seem to be what breaks.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your artwork.
    Dave Avanzino
    Thanks for the tip! I wish I was not so far away as I live in Seattle, and I HAVE to get each piece, so, I am dependent upon DelivEARS. I will open my replacement VERY carefully. I'd love to make a special trip just to buy it...too bad my hubby isn't in agreement on that one!

These shadowboxes are quite the addiction, Dave! haha! I absolutely love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's next on the horizon? Any ideas? Are you doing a lot of the rides???

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Maybe you need to just relax and take a breath. Its just one of those things in life. It is what it is. I decided that it was too great to keep running back to the park and open them all to find 2 non broken ones. It isn't Disney's fault, nor is it the artist fault, not the shipping, etc. So I just took what I got and then fixed them my self. Better that than risk not having one at all. Besides the super glue makes it better and stronger than if it weren't broken. In fact it might be a good idea to go over all fingers with a small dad of super glue just to strengthen them. The phone people you call for Delievers are just usually minimum paid people answering phones and are no where near the products. That is all computerized.
    If I am paying upwards over $100 for the item and paying over $30 for shipping it is not "Just one of those things in life" and that I need to relax. It's not Dave's fault for the broken pieces but surely Disney can provide better packing for it's items. These pieces have resale value (not that I will be selling my shadowboxes, don't get any ideas Dusty..) But if someone is going to sell their shadowbox off you would want top dollar and having broken pieces super-glued just wouldn't cut it. And where did you hear that the Delivears phone reps make just minimum wage??? Some of them have been there for years and I know for a fact that they don't make minimum wage.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I received my HM, POTC, and Disneyland SBs yesterday and I'm glad to report, no broken pieces! One minor thing on the POTC, one of the latches on the top was crooked so I think it might've moved when being glued on. But everything else was fine. Phew!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

• Banned User

Talking Re: Dave Avanzino Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Available

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    If I am paying upwards over $100 for the item and paying over $30 for shipping it is not "Just one of those things in life" and that I need to relax. It's not Dave's fault for the broken pieces but surely Disney can provide better packing for it's items. These pieces have resale value (not that I will be selling my shadowboxes, don't get any ideas Dusty..) But if someone is going to sell their shadowbox off you would want top dollar and having broken pieces super-glued just wouldn't cut it. And where did you hear that the Delivears phone reps make just minimum wage??? Some of them have been there for years and I know for a fact that they don't make minimum wage.

Dude, relax! your going to give yourself a coronary. Getting all hyper over something like this is really a waste of good time. The folks at Delievears are people hired to work the phone lines and take orders. They are no where near the products, they sit infront of a computer screen and try to find the products for the callers. They can only do what is on the screen. To get mad at person who is only there trying to help you is really rediculous. They sit there and very nicely try to help you out. The phone center that Disneyshopping.com uses is a call in service near a University. They mostly hire college students. You call them to complain or report a broken piece. The replacement pieces come usually from South Carolina, the phone service is in Utah. You are dealing with a lot of middle people who are not paid high salaries. Entry level jobs working for the Mouse are not high salary jobs. And if a person has been working for the Mouse for many years, again it is not a place where you make great money. My friend works in the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street and has been with Disney for years (use to be a tour guide at the park), she barely gets by financially but loves the park and working there so she stays. Again, relax. These items are really well packaged, but as in all things some still get broken. Again thats life . . . .
    Last edited by dcs287; 01-23-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Dude, relax! your going to give yourself a coronary. Getting all hyper over something like this is really a waste of good time. The folks at Delievears are people hired to work the phone lines and take orders. They are no where near the products, they sit infront of a computer screen and try to find the products for the callers. They can only do what is on the screen. To get mad at person who is only there trying to help you is really rediculous. They sit there and very nicely try to help you out. The phone center that Disneyshopping.com uses is a call in service near a University. They mostly hire college students. You call them to complain or report a broken piece. The replacement pieces come usually from South Carolina, the phone service is in Utah. You are dealing with a lot of middle people who are not paid high salaries. Entry level jobs working for the Mouse are not high salary jobs. And if a person has been working for the Mouse for many years, again it is not a place where you make great money. My friend works in the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street and has been with Disney for years (use to be a tour guide at the park), she barely gets by financially but loves the park and working there so she stays. Again, relax. These items are really well packaged, but as in all things some still get broken. Again thats life . . . .
    Uh, dude, I think YOU need to mellow out.. For one thing I never said I received a broken item and complained about it - read the post. Another thing is Delivears is NOT associated with disneyshopping.com but is a Disneyland only entity and if you ordered from Delivears then the stock comes from Disneyland in Anaheim and NOT in South Carolina. And if there is a recurring problem with the packing for the Haunted Mansion shadowbox, which there obviously is, then Disneyland should correct it. Maybe you should get your facts correct before flaming someone...

• Banned User

Talking Re: Dave Avanzino Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Available

Uh dudie, I am not flaming you, you flamed yourself. Read my post. I gave disneyshopping.com as an example. Yes the items come to you from Anahiem, but they are packaged in the Orient where they are made. And again, the Delievears phone representatives are only sitting in front of a screen trying to help you. They don't go out and inspect the boxes as you may think. Disney rarely even opens the boxes after they arrive in their wherehouse. They send you a box just as they receive it - or they may repackage it in a larger box with some paper or stuffing.
    Last edited by dcs287; 04-10-2008 at 05:49 PM.

that is so nice!!! i have to get that one, i will go good with my new orleans square one.

And you are preaching to the choir about reselling, I have sold tons of Disney stuff on Ebay and loved every minute of it (like getting $1300 for the Olszewski Haunted Mansion ). Living so close to the park, I was able to get many 50th items that were not even published and were sold at the park only, then turn around and sell them on ebay. Gotta love that ebay!
    Oh, you will be well loved around here....

• Banned User

lesmisfan, you will love it. it is one of Dave's best. You will love it almost as much as les miserables ( i too am a major les mis fan!).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast