Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Dave Avanzino Tiki Room

Thanks Dave!!! As you said "S" ghost in HM...I turned back to look at my box, and when you mentioned the POTC piece, I looked to my side to look at the box! ha! It's awesome to have these hanging in my home. And, to know what made you "tick", so to speak, as for thinking up the idea of them. You are very creative, and, I am DYING to get that Tiki Room this summer!!! I'll be on the horn with DelivEARS as soon as they go on sale.

Thanks again! You are a wonderful talent.

Janine

The process for the handmade Limited Editions is a little shorter because, you're right, we don't have to worry about sending it overseas. I do have to work quite a bit in advance since Merchandise outlines their release schedule up to a year in advance. I'm already working on designing pieces for 2009. This is only hard because I'm spending time to design something I won't make (or get paid for) for several months but the approval process takes so long it is actually helpful to work that far in advance since it gives plenty of time for all the different departments to chime in. Creating the actual artwork and Limited Edition can take, typically, a few weeks.

I hope that answers your questions. Thanks so much for your interest.
    Sincerely,
    Dave Avanzino

• Banned User

So, whatcha workin' on for 2009?

I don't want to know what its working on for 2009. Im already fearing 2009..... 2009 is Mansion's 40th Anniversary. I would be shocked if there isn't a cool piece from Dave for that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I don't want to know what its working on for 2009. Im already fearing 2009..... 2009 is Mansion's 40th Anniversary. I would be shocked if there isn't a cool piece from Dave for that.
    He did a Haunted Mansion box already! It's wonderful!

Hes done one mass produced Haunted Mansion piece, yes. But he has also done at least 3 One-of-a-kind pieces. Plus an LE 10 piece for Mansion's 35th Anniversary. And an LE piece as a gift from the 2004 Happy Haunts Event at Walt Disney World in 2004.

This is my favorite piece that Dave has done and it was a One of a Kind auction item. http://www.mousetreasures.org/avanzino/hmhallway.shtml

Hey there again,
    I think I need to keep my upcoming 2008 and 2009 artwork release a secret for now. I'll be sure to post any new releases after they have been approved here at MiceChat.

I will say that I am working on a 40th Anniversary LE for the Haunted Mansion next year but I haven't started on it yet. I know this is a big anniversary so I really need to spend some time and come up with something great.

Dave Avanzino

• Distant Disneylandaholic

This may have been there before, but I didn't remember it. The Disney Gallery website now has the price on the upcoming open edition Tiki Room at $98. I can't wait to order it!

I was poking around on the Tiki Room event page at the Disney Gallery website today, and I don't see the open edition shadowbox listed anymore--just the limited edition (still no picture). Can anyone else see the open edition there (hope I'm just spacing it and can't see the obvious)? I hope it hasn't been delayed.

I noticed that earlier today too. I would rather have them delay the piece and make sure its perfect. I was looking forward to being able to get one and have it signed at the release though.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

And it was there last night....cuz I was looking at it. Wondering to myself again, how do they do it for $98??
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

The Open Edition is back up at the Disney Gallery website (no price yet), and...

They've added the picture of the Limited Edition of 10 with the four parrot hosts. Looks awesome! The price on that is not yet posted.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Very cool. Thanks for the headsup Dr G!

My guess on the limited edition four parrots price is $850
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Hi there Tiki fans!
    I wanted to let you know that the final pictures of my Tiki Room limited edition have been posted on the Disney Gallery website. This handmade limited edition will be released on June 22nd at the merchandise event at Disneyland. The details are at the following link: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...ctrelease.html

Artwork Information:
    Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
    45th Anniversary Limited Edition

Medium:
    Giclée Prints, jewelry pieces, sticks, twine, handmade paper, watercolor paper

Limited Edition: 10
    Retail: $850
    Dimensions: 14" x 14"
    Framed Dimensions: 17" x 17" x 3.5"

In celebration of the 45th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, mixed-media artist Dave Avanzino used some of the charming characters from this classic attraction to create this handmade dimensional paper sculpture.

Each of the four (4) parrot hosts is fashioned from several individual pieces of paper and surrounded by many of the singing flowers from the attraction.

The title of the artwork, "Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room" is created from different colorful papers and textures and the entire artwork is surrounded by a custom printed mat designed by the artist.

The artwork is framed in a polynesian-style frame and comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Once again, looks great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast