Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: The Recent Toy Acquistion(s) thread

Here are a few new SW toys that I have bought.

These first 2 are Vintage collection Han Solo on Endor and Greedo. I got them last month on clearance for like $2 a piece.

Here is Rahm Kota from the Force Unleashed.

And Finally a new vehicle that was seen in Episode 3, the AT-TP.

• Infinitized!

Last weekend I watched Transformers for about the fifth time. It was however, the first time I watched all the featurettes on disk 2. When they started showing the old toys in one of the featurettes, i started to get nostalgic. Today I decided to pick up my first Transformer since I was a kid. I picked up Bumblebee in the old-style camaro mode.

First off, I can't believe how cheap these new ones are. Aside from some pins and a few screws, there's no metallic parts like in the original ones. I mean it's neat to have a new Transformer but from what I have been reading, these new ones tend to break a lot easier. I feel like hitting eBay and hunting down some of the original ones. Some of the original ones I got from when I was a kid are:
    Generation 1
    Jetfire
    Shockwave
    Astrotrain
    Generation 2
    Wheelie
    There's another one that I have but I forget the name. It was a red autobot that was self propelled if you pulled him back. I also had a few Go-Bots.

It's neat having Bumblebee on my desk, but, like the saying goes, it's too bad they don't make 'em like they used to.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Last weekend I watched Transformers for about the fifth time. It was however, the first time I watched all the featurettes on disk 2. When they started showing the old toys in one of the featurettes, i started to get nostalgic. Today I decided to pick up my first Transformer since I was a kid. I picked up Bumblebee in the old-style camaro mode.

First off, I can't believe how cheap these new ones are. Aside from some pins and a few screws, there's no metallic parts like in the original ones. I mean it's neat to have a new Transformer but from what I have been reading, these new ones tend to break a lot easier. I feel like hitting eBay and hunting down some of the original ones. Some of the original ones I got from when I was a kid are:
    Generation 1
    Jetfire
    Shockwave
    Astrotrain
    Generation 2
    Wheelie
    There's another one that I have but I forget the name. It was a red autobot that was self propelled if you pulled him back. I also had a few Go-Bots.

It's neat having Bumblebee on my desk, but, like the saying goes, it's too bad they don't make 'em like they used to.

Yup, they are all incredibly cheap. But not only because it's just plain plastic.. it's because they lack paint! Hasbro is infamous for making toys with colored plastic so they don't need to paint it. The problem with this is that the toy just ends up looking... well... like plastic!

And it really is too bad that you bought it now. Had i known, i would have told you to wait a few more months because Hasbro is planning on releasing the same toys with extra deco and detail to make them more movie realistic.

They can do this because it essentially costs them nothing after they've sold the toys for a year now. They already have the molds, just spend extra money on paint, repackage, and price it higher and it will sell.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yup, they are all incredibly cheap. But not only because it's just plain plastic.. it's because they lack paint! Hasbro is infamous for making toys with colored plastic so they don't need to paint it. The problem with this is that the toy just ends up looking... well... like plastic!

And it really is too bad that you bought it now. Had i known, i would have told you to wait a few more months because Hasbro is planning on releasing the same toys with extra deco and detail to make them more movie realistic.

They can do this because it essentially costs them nothing after they've sold the toys for a year now. They already have the molds, just spend extra money on paint, repackage, and price it higher and it will sell.
    Thanks for the heads-up Coheteboy. I'm still interested in getting the '08 Camaro Bumblebee so I'll wait a little bit. It's funny about the coloring, some of the parts on the actual toy doesn't have the same colors as on the packaging, for instance the rockets that you can fire; the toy's are yellow while on the packaging they are purple.

• MiceChat Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up Coheteboy. I'm still interested in getting the '08 Camaro Bumblebee so I'll wait a little bit. It's funny about the coloring, some of the parts on the actual toy doesn't have the same colors as on the packaging, for instance the rockets that you can fire; the toy's are yellow while on the packaging they are purple.

Friday night I went to Target and saw that Optimus Prime and Megatron with new colors and paint have been released. These have a special marking on the packaging called "PREMIUM SERIES" so keep your eyes open. They should be the same price as the original.

........nevermind
    Last edited by MonkeyDishwasher; 04-27-2008 at 05:01 PM.

• Too far from Disney World

Actually, for Transformers you could also look into the Japanese series or the MaterPieces for better built pieces as well. They aren't made as cheaply but they will cost you more.

Man, I think my boyfriend has me brainwashed! I never knew this stuff 4 years ago! Or perhaps it's the 900+ Transformers in our basement...
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• MiceChat Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up Coheteboy. I'm still interested in getting the '08 Camaro Bumblebee so I'll wait a little bit.

Wanted to give you a heads up on the 08 Camaro. If you get the regular edition, it's got the regular Bumblebee head on it. If you look for the Premium Edition with the more accurate movie colors, you'll have a Bumblebee with the attack armor face plate. I'd of course prefer the premium version but both are hard enough to find as it is so I'd recommend getting whatever you see first.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

While at Disneyland, NNL and I picked up the Bucket O' Little Green Men from Toy Story. We have plans to spread them around our houses, work, and cars for fun! They are so cute and lots of fun!

I also picked up the Little Green Man Disney Racers car. Gotta love those little green men!

Finally, on our last day in California, we went to the El Capitan to sing along with the Little Mermaid. While there, we went to the soda fountain, and fount the PT Flea and Flik Cars set!! So, now my Pixar movie cars are complete, and I can rest easy.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Still lost in Neverland

Well, I finally got around to working on the Harry Potter exhibit to make it look more appealing and to show off the stuff better and more professional looking.

Here is what you saw last time:

And here it is today:

And here is a close up of the main display for the Tonner Dolls, wands and other props:

Here is a new shelf that displays the large TriWixard cup lamp (it has a flickering flame light hidden in the cotton "smoke"):

And a close up of the cup and figures:

And a close up of the Gentle Giant Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter busts I got on sale and the Tri Wizard Name Cup (it also has a small flicker flame that goes on and off by blowing on it), The Miniature Tri Wizard Cup is scaled to the Tonner Dolls:

There is still a lot to do yet so there will be more pictures as I continue to arrange and rearrange things and new things arrive. Thanks for looking.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Moderator

I have acquisisted some new toys this week, but I did not purchase these. They were sent to me as samples so I took some pictures. I will probably sell these at some point since I don't have room in my collection for these.

I'm sure Lost Boy knows what they are.. these are Tonner Dolls. I got Lord Voldemort and Dobby the House Elf. Voldemort stands at 19" tall which is... like way too big.

I'm actually quite impressed with Dobby. It's almost lifelike!

These aren't cheap. I think Voldemort is in the $160 price range. Glad I didn't pay for them!

• Still lost in Neverland

That is the same Lord Voldemort that I have and he is perfect scale to the kids. Look at the pictures in my post right above your post and you will see he is perfect scale for Malfoy and Harry and the rest. Dobby is perfect scale to the Humans. I didn't get the Dooby because I wasn't sure just how good he would look. That looks pretty cool. They are coming out with Snape and Kreacher. So far no picture of Kreacher has been posted except from fan sites at the New York Comics Fair, and he looks great too. The price for Voldy is correct, if you buy list. I buy from Two Daydreamers in Northern California and they sell at a nice discount on their website. www.twodaydreamers.com They have a whole section on Harry Potter.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Moderator

This isn't new but I got bored so I made a picture with my Iron Man and Hulk figures.

And I did get some new Joe vehicles from Target the other week.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Iron man Burger King Kids meal toy (2008)

Del taco Poco Penguin Toy(2008)

• Infinitized!

^I want an Iron Man too! Gonna have to head over to our local Burger King tomorrow. I guess they won't be around for too long as soon they will be replaced with Indiana Jones toys.

Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast