• Distant Disneylandaholic

Olszewski: Tiki Room/Aladdin/Pavillion

I have a question and need some advice. I've been collecting the Olszewski pieces, but only the attractions. I'd love to have a Tiki Room, but I'm undecided about getting this piece. I've looked at pictures online, but am not quite visualizing this.

If one wanted to display the Tiki Room/Aladdin's Oasis side on a bookshelf, would it look okay? It looks like if you want to display it so you can see into the Tiki Room from the front, you wouldn't see Aladdin's Oasis, instead you'd see 1/2 of the Pavillion. Is that correct? Basically the Tiki Room is the emphasis for me, but I'd rather see Aladdin than the Pavillion on the other side? Hope that makes sense.

Any info is appreciated!

Re: Olszewski: Tiki Room/Aladdin/Pavillion

It's funny you raise this question, because I've been thinking the same thing. I wanted to do the full Main Street, but realistically coming in late I know I won't be able to afford it...so I figured I'd go for just the attractions. My favorites of all are Splash Mountain (not yet a piece) and the Tiki Room.

I've looked and looked at the photos I've found, and there seem to be two problems.

1) The piece is not set up for the Tiki Room to be a focus. The Tiki Room is set back into the building, and just isn't positioned well to be the front. It's not a sculpting problem, just a reality of the building.

2) The Tiki Room area just plain looks incomplete without the connecting Dole Juice Bar stand, which appears to be part of the Gateways to Adventureland and Frontierland piece.

The end result is that it really doesn't work well for the Tiki Room. It's awesome for those with the full Hub and all, but on their own....I think I'm going to pass.

I would love to have a Tiki Room only centered piece though! I'm holding out hopes for the new Tiki Room Gallery of Light shadowbox. I don't think photos of it have been released yet, but it may turn out spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    I have a question and need some advice. I've been collecting the Olszewski pieces, but only the attractions. I'd love to have a Tiki Room, but I'm undecided about getting this piece. I've looked at pictures online, but am not quite visualizing this.

If one wanted to display the Tiki Room/Aladdin's Oasis side on a bookshelf, would it look okay? It looks like if you want to display it so you can see into the Tiki Room from the front, you wouldn't see Aladdin's Oasis, instead you'd see 1/2 of the Pavillion. Is that correct? Basically the Tiki Room is the emphasis for me, but I'd rather see Aladdin than the Pavillion on the other side? Hope that makes sense.

Any info is appreciated!

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Sounds like we're thinking the same. I keep telling myself to wait until the Gallery of Light Tiki piece is shown and then decide. I just can't imagine a Disneyland attractions collection without the Tiki Room. Here's hoping they show it at the signing this Saturday--and that people who go post pics for the rest of us to see
    Last edited by Dr. G; 03-27-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: "without" :)

True! I'm thinking Dumbo might be shown then, as the already-announced next piece. I wish I could be there to get the MSEP, but alas I'm stuck up here. My bf flies down that way on Monday....so maybe I'll get lucky and it will still be in stock. Ok, I know better than to believe that

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    Sounds like we're thinking the same. I keep telling myself to wait until the Gallery of Light Tiki piece is shown and then decide. I just can't imagine a Disneyland attractions collection with the Tiki Room. Here's hoping they show it at the signing this Saturday--and that people who go post pics for the rest of us to see