• Distant Disneylandaholic

Olszewski - Pirates available

While on the phone with DelivEARS for something else today, I just happened to ask if they had any Olszewski POTC in. I ask every time, even though the answer has always been to check back in June. The very nice lady on the other end of the phone and I were both surprised to find out they had received a very small shipment (I didn't ask, but I wonder if it came in with the MSEP this past weekend?). I was so excited I forgot to ask how many they got, but if you're still looking for this one it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. The computer still shows they're expecting a larger shipment in June.

Now I'm waiting for the Mad Tea Party to be re-stocked (and of course, to get online Wed morning to try for the MSEP).

Best wishes for a great day to everyone.

Dave

Re: Olszewski - Pirates available

Thanks, Dave. These alerts are invaluable. My personal pick up service wasn't able to score one for me this time (as he did with HM and Astro Orbiter a couple of weeks ago), but it's still great to know!

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    While on the phone with DelivEARS for something else today, I just happened to ask if they had any Olszewski POTC in. I ask every time, even though the answer has always been to check back in June. The very nice lady on the other end of the phone and I were both surprised to find out they had received a very small shipment (I didn't ask, but I wonder if it came in with the MSEP this past weekend?). I was so excited I forgot to ask how many they got, but if you're still looking for this one it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. The computer still shows they're expecting a larger shipment in June.

Now I'm waiting for the Mad Tea Party to be re-stocked (and of course, to get online Wed morning to try for the MSEP).

Best wishes for a great day to everyone.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    Thanks, Dave. These alerts are invaluable. My personal pick up service wasn't able to score one for me this time (as he did with HM and Astro Orbiter a couple of weeks ago), but it's still great to know!

Thanks!!!!
    You're welcome. Sorry it didn't work out this time, but they'll get more. Did you get the PM I sent yesterday?

Dave

My Pirates Olszewski arrived yesterday. Interestingly, it's a First Edition. They must have found some sitting around somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me since it looks the same whether First Edition or not. Another incredible work of art!

My Pirates Olszewski arrived yesterday. Interestingly, it's a First Edition. They must have found some sitting around somewhere.
    Mine came yesterday as well, and it was a First Edition too! The box was a bit beat up, and the styrofoam packing was broken on one side. The piece looks to be in good condition, I didn't see any obvious breaks. They really must have found a stash!

I saw them in the park yesterday and I noticed the price was also increased.

My Pirates Olszewski arrived yesterday. Interestingly, it's a First Edition. They must have found some sitting around somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me since it looks the same whether First Edition or not. Another incredible work of art!
    I was just looking at my Pirates Olszewski piece more closely and noticed that it has "Olszewski" written in block letters (not a cursive signature) in what appears to be black pen on the back right gray strip right above the brick.

When Mr. Olszewski signs them, how does he sign them, and where? Anyone out there have a Pirates they picked up at the signing? Is that how and where he signed? I also ordered a Marquee that same day (3/31/2008) and it also has the same Olszewski in the same writing on the back on the gray strip. As far as I can tell, none of my other pieces have this on the back.

Did I luck out and get signed versions that Disneyland had sitting around, which would be pretty cool (but not as cool as it would be to actually meet him and see him sign it)? Doesn't he pre-sign some in advance to make the release day go easier?

Thanks.

Dave

• Disneyland Fan

Run your finger across the signature. If it's slightly engraved, then it's not hand signed. Many, if not all of his pieces, has his signature on it but it is placed on there at the factory. If you want your piece signed you can try to meet up with him at one of the nffc events.
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Lucky you Dr G -- sounds like you may indeed have received signed pieces! As Tahnee suggests, run your fingers over the sig., you should feel nothing, no indentations.

And yes, would be great to actually WATCH him sign your piece in person....but beggars can't be choosers when you are not conveniently located near the park.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Banned User

Dr. G
    I was at the event and that is exactly where he signed mine and exactly how he signs them at the events. Bob writes his name in block letters and where you mentioned is where he signed mine. If you are the very first inline for the signing he also puts a #1 right before his name. He is a great and friendly person. I think you may have scored on this one, GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!

I just got home from the park and in Disneyana they had POTC and HM! But out of MSEP, but they think they will be getting more in soon. Also, the Pirates Pokitpals is out in both Disneyana and World of Disney.

Thanks for the three responses. No indents and in the right spot, so looks like somehow I ended up with a signed Marquee and Pirates! Maybe I should always order via phone a year or more after the release

Alas, mine wsa not signed, but I'm so thrilled to have Pirates, I'm on top of the world!

Congrats Dr. G!