Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Beware of what you find on Ebay!

Well the Tiki from Big Lots! (I guess it's the same one at WDETR in DL) would've cost about 50 dollars to ship... That thing was HEAVY!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    I just think everybody should buy a Tiki statue from Target and Big Lots!, so we can all feel happy inside.
    Are they still for sale at Target or Big Lots, because I would like one!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I know Big Lots! had the Tiki statue a few weeks ago. I don't know if they still do. I think they had a couple different ones, so you may be able to pick one up.

• Minion

I bought mine two years ago at Target. They had them again last year, but I haven't seen them this year.

Funny thing about Economics -- it's called "the dismal science" among social sciences....but it's the only one with significant predictive ability.

And one thing that you can predict is that anytime there is a good whose supply is limited, there will be a mechanism in place to ration that good. It can be standing in line, it can be political patronage, it can be some sort of sales price or auction -- but there will be such a mechanism.

Another thing that is guaranteed is that those consumers unable or unwilling to work through the mechanism involved will complain that some other mechanism wasn't used -- perhaps one more favorable to their position or abilities.

It's the way it is, and ever shall be. It'd be easier to make the sun rise in the west or have dropped rocks fall into the sky that it would be to change these aspects of human behavior.

This is relatively innocuous when it comes to Disney paraphernalia, although I'd have to confess a certain bias toward straightforward cash sales -- it tends to help the allocation of resources when things have a common measure. How many hours' wait is worth a pin? How much political connection is worth a collectible? If everything is measured in dollars, it just becomes "is this thing worth $X to me?"

When the "goods" are sophisticated constructs like "justice" or "health care", however, then "defects in the rationing system" or "market imbalances" become life-or-death issues. If healthcare isn't rationed by payment, then how will it be rationed? And if there aren't large payments involved, what will lure young students into the healthcare field? If people can be forced to settle meritless lawsuits because they may not have the time to jump through the hoops demanded, how does this benefit society?

So long as Ghosthost played by the rules as given, I don't see why he shouldn't benefit by trading off his willingness to get up early and go to the park for a bit of extra coin.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Don't worry about it GhostHost, he flamed me because I had the gall to suggest complaining to Delivears about poor packaging of shadowboxes.
    Oh, and by the way he is proud of his E-Bay prowess:

DCS287 said:
    And you are preaching to the choir about reselling, I have sold tons of Disney stuff on Ebay and loved every minute of it (like getting $1300 for the Olszewski Haunted Mansion ). Living so close to the park, I was able to get many 50th items that were not even published and were sold at the park only, then turn around and sell them on ebay. Gotta love that ebay!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I came forward becuase I have nothing to hide. You attacked me, I responded. And now you are making up lies. I fully respect your opnions on me selling and how you think Disney should handle releases but I can not lies about me.

I agree with you that no one should be able to join a party already in line. If they are in line and someone shows up later, they should go to the back of the line. If I see my friends there, I don't let them join me in line. Me and my friends get to the park as a group, and get in line at the same time.

I've had to buy all my Walt Disney World Olszewski pieces off of ebay to get First Day ones. Do I feel sorry to those that missed them at Disney World at the release? No, they had a chance to be there in person, if they got their too late, that is their own actions. I am more than willing to pay extra for peices like that for my collection becuae I am not able to be everywhere.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

ACK! My thread has been highjacked!

• no flash photography...

the last I saw those tiki things were on clearance at target.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Remember guys.. attack the post, not the poster!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Remember guys.. attack the post, not the poster!
    was it because I said tiki things? ...my bad....the tiki plastic statues were on clearance at target the last time I noticed them there....

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

No, no! Not you my darlin'

Just a few posts back people were gettin' a little off topic and kinda mean.

Are you kidding? You're not mean... just sassy!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Don't worry about it GhostHost, he flamed me because I had the gall to suggest complaining to Delivears about poor packaging of shadowboxes.
    Oh, and by the way he is proud of his E-Bay prowess:

DCS287 said:
    I wasn't able to find the post where DCS287 mentioned that. I was tempted to sell my Olszewski Mansion when they were going for that but some things I will never sell.

• Minion

Ok I'll admit it...I love disney pins and have bought a LOT of them on ebay...

But I also must admit that my ignorance is showing....I saw the posts about disney dollars...went and looked and some of them are selling for face value plus shipping and some are astronomical...

Can anyone explain them to me??
    Thanks!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shortiemetoo View Post
    Ok I'll admit it...I love disney pins and have bought a LOT of them on ebay...

But I also must admit that my ignorance is showing....I saw the posts about disney dollars...went and looked and some of them are selling for face value plus shipping and some are astronomical...

Can anyone explain them to me??
    Thanks!
    Supply and demand. Much line pins, some Disney Dollars are made in smaller numbers than other years and some are more popular for whatever reason. Kind of like Limited Edition pins or pins with popular characters.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Supply and demand. Much line pins, some Disney Dollars are made in smaller numbers than other years and some are more popular for whatever reason. Kind of like Limited Edition pins or pins with popular characters.
    Thanks!! They are certainly cute! They made a LOT of different ones also! Oh no....I had better not start collecting them!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast