Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Beware of what you find on Ebay!

My husband is a huge Tiki fan. In fact, our back yard is done in a tiki theme. Well, he was searching Ebay the other day and came accross this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350044876897

The item description says this:
    Disney Polynesian Resort TIKI God Idol BIG Prop Statue

Mousesurplus brings you this rare oppurtunity to bid on this actual large Tiki God Prop from Disney's Polynesian Resort
    Check out this Tiki God Idol Prop made and designed only for the use at Disney's Polynesian Resort

Well, we own this statue...and we bought it at Target! Here is a pic of it in our backyard:

This is a respected seller of Disney items on Ebay. I was shocked to see this. We emailed the seller for an explanation, but didn't receive a response.

• Hangin Around

Re: Beware of what you find on Ebay!

I along with a few other MiceChatters have had problems with this seller and his business practices.

• Minion

Blog Entries

good catch!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Skywaygrl View Post
    I along with a few other MiceChatters have had problems with this seller and his business practices.
    That is good to know. He sells a lot of Disney stuff. I know now not to ever purchase from him.

• insufferable know-it-all

It's not entirely surprising, since I have seen a statue identical to one currently sitting in DL's tiki room garden... at Big Lots. These may be standard Tiki styles or something.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    It's not entirely surprising, since I have seen a statue identical to one currently sitting in DL's tiki room garden... at Big Lots. These may be standard Tiki styles or something.
    But the auction says:

"Check out this Tiki God Idol Prop made and designed only for the use at Disney's Polynesian Resort"

That is false advertising.

The same seller also has a pair of Tiki bookends that he calls "rare". They are currently for sale at Disneyoutlet.com for $19.99.

I just wanted to point out that buyers should be wary of the seller.

• insufferable know-it-all

Fair enough. I just wanted to point out that they probably weren't selling Target statues... that it might genuinely be from the Polynesian, even if they sell the same design at Target. As for exclusivity or originality of that design... I cannot vouch for that of course.

But BTW: if you want another great Tiki statue for your yard, seriously check out Big Lots

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post

But BTW: if you want another great Tiki statue for your yard, seriously check out Big Lots
    Thanks, I will! I got a great tiki fountain there last year.

• Hangin Around

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    That is good to know. He sells a lot of Disney stuff. I know now not to ever purchase from him.
    I'm not saying you should never buy from him. He has some items you can't get anywhere else. Just expect to pay top dollar.

• Banned User

I just posted in the Olszewski thread about the MSEP and an ebay seller named: deluxeprinters

who seems to sell more than the number allowed for purchase at the events. Another seller to be very careful about, just for the fact that they basically steal from those who really want the items by showing up with all their family and then get their 2 per person with the sole intent to rip others off.

Quote Originally Posted by dcs287 View Post
    I just posted in the Olszewski thread about the MSEP and an ebay seller named: deluxeprinters

who seems to sell more than the number allowed for purchase at the events. Another seller to be very careful about, just for the fact that they basically steal from those who really want the items by showing up with all their family and then get their 2 per person with the sole intent to rip others off.

Hello everyone, DeluxePrinters from eBay here. First of all, with the number of pieces I sell, it is over the limit of what one person can buy, yes, but I do go to release event and have friends help me get extra pieces.

You really think I am "stealing from those who really want the items" and that I have the "sole intent to rip other off"?

Sounds to me like someone got to an event release too late and missed and item becuase they didn't REALLY want it or else they would have been there sooner.

The reason I sell items on eBay is for two reason, to help pay for my own personal collection, without selling, I would only be able to have a fraction my collection. And secondly, to make items available to other collectors out there that are not able to attend the release events in person.

I came forward becuase I have nothing to hide. You attacked me, I responded. And now you are making up lies. I fully respect your opnions on me selling and how you think Disney should handle releases but I can not lies about me.

I agree with you that no one should be able to join a party already in line. If they are in line and someone shows up later, they should go to the back of the line. If I see my friends there, I don't let them join me in line. Me and my friends get to the park as a group, and get in line at the same time.

I've had to buy all my Walt Disney World Olszewski pieces off of ebay to get First Day ones. Do I feel sorry to those that missed them at Disney World at the release? No, they had a chance to be there in person, if they got their too late, that is their own actions. I am more than willing to pay extra for peices like that for my collection becuae I am not able to be everywhere.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Skywaygrl View Post
    I'm not saying you should never buy from him. He has some items you can't get anywhere else. Just expect to pay top dollar.

I remember an article on a Disney fan site about the pet cemetary pieces, and it was mentioned that the frog figure was bought from a discount store, such as Target or Walmart, and that it was originally designed as a small water fountain, with a small hole at the frogs mouth. Disney just took the frog, added a podium base and spraypainted the whole thing. When you look at the frog in the cemetary, sure enough you can see that hole in the frog's mouth for the fountain. SO Disney does use Target occasionally for some things.

However I really look at such dealers with high suspicion, another item they are selling is a sword flag decoration for one of the Pirate movies. He shows it packaged, and I recognize it as a Disney Store item. Bid is currently at 9.99 or buy it now for 49.99. Ugggh! it a freakin' cheap plastic sword. Definitely Buyer Beware!

I also have a problem with some of these on line sellers who go to these special Disney Events, 1st day sales, of "limited edition" items, en masse with co horts with the intent of placing the majority of these items in on line auctions. At least one of these groups was at the Dream Sale Disneyland Garage Sale last September. They horded specific DL 50th signage, en masse, AND also set aside ADDITIONAL merchandise for people who were not alllowed into the sale until an hour or two later. That way NO ONE who was in the later group was event able to purchase those items.

I even personally saw two people outside the gate exchange lanyards, thus allowing BOTH of them into the Sale BEFORE they Both would have been allowed in!

The way these "auctioneers" operate also make it less likely for those Disney fans who do attend on the opening release day, to be able to purchase those items. Thanks goodness Disney has seen, and does try to limit such reprobate "re-sellers". Unfortunately those re-sellers are always trying to get around such restrictions, which are in place to try and get the merchandise to the people who do attend and REALLY are THE Collectors. And for the Resellers who would retort my words, in most cases disney Deliverears is there for the public who can't make it to the opening day sales.

It's just freakin' ridiculous for those re-sellers to purchase hords of newly released Disney Dollars, and then re-sell them on ebay. Fortunately, Disney has started limiting such purchases, so fans that are in Disneyland actually have a fair chance to buy just a couple of each of the new Disney Dollars.

The other thing with these opening day sale "whore"ders is when everyone is in line for purching such an item, and then all of a sudden the rest of their group appears later, to jump into line in front of everyone else. Not one bit of respect for those groups of whore'ders.

And I'm calling it as I have see and experienced it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dcs287 View Post
    They charge an arm and leg for shipping. As for buying more than 2...I think a LOT of Ebay sellers do this. I've had friends at these events and the people flatly say they are selling for Ebay. And, APers can't get early entry, so, that does take away from some who would enjoy having these pieces.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    SO Disney does use Target occasionally for some things.
    I saw a Pier One Imports box in the NBC shop once. I knew, because I have the same box. It was up on a shelf on display, not for sale. So, I imagine they DO buy stuff at local stores.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast