Thread: Comic Books

•   

Comic Books

Back in the 90's, I started collecting comic books. Mainly Image comic books, Spawn, Youngblood, Savage Dragon, Pitt, Maxx, etc, etc, etc....
    They started coming out with so many that I couldn't afford to keep up and I just lost interest. I still have them all, and in addition to those I have all of my Step Dad's old collection. I've got that pack rat syndrome and I don't want to get rid of them but at the same time they're just sitting there. I don't think they're climbing any ladder of gaining worth so I've been thinking about selling them. All of them.
    Has anyone ever done this with their comics before? I really don't have time to go through a Wizard and check their worth but at the same time I don't want to get screwed.

Re: Comic Books

I would say you wouldn't get more that .25 cents for each. If you have "special" issues would they be worth anything. Pretty much all the Image stuff isn't worth much and can be found in the cheep bins at just about any convention.

Good luck!!

• Shablagoo!

Do you have a comic book store in the area that you trust? You might want to take it to them and have them make an offer. What kind of books did you get from your stepdad?

The 90's Image books are probably not worth much, as most of them were printed in huge numbers. I'd need a better idea of what you have before I can make any judgements.

•   

I figured I wouldn't get anything for the Image stuff for the exact reasons you guys said. Even the special "0's" don't mean anything because so many were made.
    I'd be surprised if I even got a quarter for each, that's why I'm wondering if it's even worth the time to go through the hassle of it all.
    From my step dad I have a lot of Thor, Spiderman, some Batman, etc. I need to go through them all again because I don't remember. He gave me like 6 boxes.....
    I don't think any of them are too special or unique though.
    The only one that is, I'm keeping! It's one of the first Spidermans.

Thanks for replying guys.