• Distant Disneylandaholic

Olszewski Shadowbox Question

I put these in another thread, but decided to delete them there and start a new one. I'm hoping people have insight on a few questions related to the Olszewski pieces that come with insert scenes:

1.Do you have to buy a black box for each scene, or is it one black box that holds all the scenes for each piece? For example, one purchase for Pirates, or two?

2. Are they battery powered, plug-in, or both like the sculptures themselves?

3. Would you recommend getting enough to cover all the scenes, or just the scenes minus one, since in theory one is in the piece already? I ask because I have these in a bookcase, so whatever scene is in the back can't be a "seen scene" unless I pull it out or spin it around.

4. These just exist for Haunted Mansion and Pirates right now, right? I haven't heard of any made for Peter Pan?

As I've thought about these black boxes, it might be a wise investment to protect the fragile scenes but still be able to view them, but thought I'd see what some of the experts here thought first.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

• Banned User

Re: Olszewski Shadowbox Question

Hey Dave
    The answers - from my perspective - is:

You don't have to buy any boxes, it is a personal decision. I have purchased 2 for Pirates and 3 for Haunted Mansion. One box holds one scene. The sizes between POTC and HM are diffenent so you cannot interchange them. I am at work now and can't remember, but I think they are battery powered, and might have a plug in. I like having a separate box for each one, as you mentioned they are fragile. I read somewhere that Olsz was going to make them for Peter Pan but I can't remember where. I think it might have been on Cindy's colddeadfish.com site.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    I put these in another thread, but decided to delete them there and start a new one. I'm hoping people have insight on a few questions related to the Olszewski pieces that come with insert scenes:

1.Do you have to buy a black box for each scene, or is it one black box that holds all the scenes for each piece? For example, one purchase for Pirates, or two?

2. Are they battery powered, plug-in, or both like the sculptures themselves?

3. Would you recommend getting enough to cover all the scenes, or just the scenes minus one, since in theory one is in the piece already? I ask because I have these in a bookcase, so whatever scene is in the back can't be a "seen scene" unless I pull it out or spin it around.

4. These just exist for Haunted Mansion and Pirates right now, right? I haven't heard of any made for Peter Pan?

As I've thought about these black boxes, it might be a wise investment to protect the fragile scenes but still be able to view them, but thought I'd see what some of the experts here thought first.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

David:

Thanks for the info. I got clearance from the wife and I've just ordered 3 HM and 2 POTC. It will be nice to have a way to display them without worrying so much about them getting bumped. Hope you have a great day.

Dave

• Banned User

That is so cool They are really a nice place to hold onto them with the lights still going on and off. What sold me on getting a separate box for each piece was that when I looked at the ones in Disneyana they were and are chipped. I know that each scene is fragile and so a separate box for each is the best deal. I went back and found that Cindy had indeed posted that they are make a box for the Peter Pan piece. I will be ordering 2 of those as soon as they are available also.

FYI, the 4 new pokitpals are now for sell at Disneyland. It includes the HM, Castle with Partners statue, Matterhorn and another that is not in my mind right now, senior moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dcs287 View Post
    FYI, the 4 new pokitpals are now for sell at Disneyland. It includes the HM, Castle with Partners statue, Matterhorn and another that is not in my mind right now, senior moment.
    The other one is the Disneyland Railroad.

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Olszewski Shadowbox Question

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    The other one is the Disneyland Railroad.

Thanks, I just was having a senior moment and couldn't remember which one it was. THANK YOU ghosthost for updating that information. See, I really can be nice.

Me too.... (at times)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Me too.... (at times)

So now do we kiss and make up . . . . or lets just be friends and call it a day. I have been banned to litter box again. Makes me laugh. But hey thats funny to me.

My light boxes arrived while I was out of town this week. I'm really glad I decided to get them--they're great for display and protection of the scenes. Thanks to all for the advice. I'd highly recommend them to anyone else thinking about getting them.

Dave