Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Avanzino Tiki Room Back - What Does it Say?

Hi:

I've got a Tiki Room shadowbox on order, but curiosity is killing me. I've read the back has the wrong key/index on it--supposedly it's something to do with Halloween? Anyone have a picture, or want to type in what it says? I thought the next box was the Jungle Cruise--I'm excited to find out if there's something coming this fall. A Disneyland-Themed Halloween shadowbox could be totally cool....

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out

Re: Avanzino Tiki Room Back - What Does it Say?

Jungle cruise is still in the development process and will not be released until next year. Coming out later this year will be a Halloween version of "DISNEYLAND". The description and key for that is what is printed on the back of the Tiki Room box. Then there will be a Christmas DISNEYLAND. Then Jungle Cruise.

Thanks for the info--good to know there's a Halloween and a Christmas Disneyland Shadowbox coming up before Jungle Cruise. I hadn't heard of the Halloween one until the Tiki Room mix up, and didn't know about Christmas until your post. Awesome stuff. I'm hoping someone who has the Tiki Room now can tell me what the letter key for the Halloween box says. I'd be curious to know what was picked for each letter.

Now if they'd just reissue some of the older ones I'd be a very happy camper....

• Banned User

ALL of the boxes were printed wrong?? And, not found out until they were sold? Gads! What a fiasco! He does such brilliant work, it's too bad that DL doesn't have better quality control than this. Either way, I am thrilled, because I got one via a friend who was there for the event and I canNOT wait to see it!!! She is driving back with it in her car and I'm soooooo anticipating it! (In fact, I am making a Tiki Room guest room with that as the centerpiece of the wall!

Yep, the factory screwed up the entire batch.... Well, on one hand, they only delivered half of the order so at least they didn't screw up at much as Disney was hoping for. They are looking for a new factory and the next batch will be with a new factory, not using that first one again....

The mistake was discovered when the first guest went to get it signed at the event. That is when Disney noticed it and all the managers hoped on the blackberries and stared calling everywhere.

If it wasn't for the fountain issue, I think they might have been pulled.

If someone would tell what is on the back that would be great--I'd really like to know what icons were picked for each letter in the upcoming Halloween Disneyland shadowbox. If not, I'll post it here when mine arrives (assuming it has the defect as well). I'll stop begging for the information now...

• Banned User

I will have mine in less than a week. A friend picked one up for me when she was there. If mine arrives first, I will post what it says. Too funny that they are printed wrong. As long as the inside says TIKI ROOM, I am one happy camper!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    If someone would tell what is on the back that would be great--I'd really like to know what icons were picked for each letter in the upcoming Halloween Disneyland shadowbox. If not, I'll post it here when mine arrives (assuming it has the defect as well). I'll stop begging for the information now...

Yeah, I'm curious too! Anyone who has the Tiki Room box and care to
    transcribe the back of the box here?

I'm still waiting for mine, but here's an auction I found on ebay that has a picture of the back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009

• Banned User

I'm still waiting for mine, but here's an auction I found on ebay that has a picture of the back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009
    Very cool to know what's upcoming. And, very cute that Dave Avanzino put "Oops!". And, outrageous what this person is charging! Crazy! With an AP discount I paid around $90.00 for mine. Too bad Dave Avanzino isn't reaping the reward of these horrible Ebay mark-ups!

I agree that the price is crazy, but I think it's even more crazy that someone paid that. I don't understand why people pay so much more for something on ebay than they could pay by ordering directly from Disneyland. They just must not know any better--information is power.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Ohh, I can't wait for the Halloween and Christmas letters now! I can rotate my regular "Disneyland" one with these at the respective holidays, yay!

• Banned User

I agree that the price is crazy, but I think it's even more crazy that someone paid that. I don't understand why people pay so much more for something on ebay than they could pay by ordering directly from Disneyland. They just must not know any better--information is power.
    That is SO true. And, you would have had to be there to get it autographed, but, STILL. It's nuts and like I said....I wish Dave Avanzino were reaping the reward of that high sale price! I am sure he doesn't make nearly what he deserves for these boxes. They are some of the best collectibles I've seen in a long, long time.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I love that he signed it "Oops!" Very cute!

I really love his work and can't wait to see the Halloween and Christmas versions.
    <o>

• Munchings & Crunchings

I just hope the lands shadowboxes get re-released. I don't care if it caused the black market prices to go down, I want to complete my set!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast