• Disney worshipper/geek

just a tidbit i heard about west coast cruises

ok, my mom works for LAPD in a division close to the los angeles ports in wilmington and san pedro. She was talkign to a couple of port cops the other day and they gave a bit of unofficial interesting news.

Port of Los Angeles really wants to get Disney Cruise over here and are attempting to arrange with Disney the possibility of developing our Ports O'Call area in san Pedro. If you never been to ports o'call it's a little waterfront area that has unfortunately fallen to the less...savory...crowds in about the past decade or so (it was much nicer when I was young, and I'm 22).

Don't know if anyone else heard this, but I thought i would pass it along. It would be great to develop this area for it and I'm really lookign foward to the possibilities.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Shablagoo!

Re: just a tidbit i heard about west coast cruises

I have also recently heard that Disney has filed the paperwork to visit glaciers in Alaska. Looks like the Alaska rumors are moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I have also recently heard that Disney has filed the paperwork to visit glaciers in Alaska. Looks like the Alaska rumors are moving forward
    Just to back you up:

http://www.nps.gov/glba/parknews/cru...-proposals.htm

Date: August 22, 2008

Six Cruise Lines Submit Proposals to Operate in Glacier Bay
    Six cruise lines have submitted proposals in response to a prospectus under which multiple concession contracts may be awarded for the operation of cruise ship services within Glacier Bay National Park. The contracts will include the initial allocation of a limited number of vessel use days in Glacier Bay during June through August of each year of the contract term. The anticipated term of the contracts will be January 1, 2010 September 30, 2019. The deadline for submitting proposals for the initial allocation of available cruise ship use days was August 18, 2008.
    Proposals were received from:
    Compagnie Des Iles Du Ponant, incorporated in Marseille, France
    Holland America Line, Inc., incorporated in Washington State
    Magical Cruise Company, Limited, d.b.a. Disney Cruise Line, incorporated in the United Kingdom
    NCL (Bahamas) Ltd, d.b.a. Norwegian Cruise Line, incorporated in Bermuda
    Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd, incorporated in Bermuda
    West Travel, Inc. d.b.a. Cruise West, incorporated in Washington State

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    Port of Los Angeles really wants to get Disney Cruise over here and are attempting to arrange with Disney the possibility of developing our Ports O'Call area in san Pedro. If you never been to ports o'call it's a little waterfront area that has unfortunately fallen to the less...savory...crowds in about the past decade or so (it was much nicer when I was young, and I'm 22).
    We used to visit Ports O'Call all the time when I was young (and I'm older than 22 ) and loved it back then. Haven't been recently so I'm sorry to hear it has fallen into disrepair. If they can return the area to it's glory days quality I think that would be a good fit.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Oh I hope so! I would be the first on board for that cruise... DCL AND Alaska! WOW now THAT would be magic! Just think of watching the aurora borealis on board of the Disney Magic... that would be awesome!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    We used to visit Ports O'Call all the time when I was young (and I'm older than 22 ) and loved it back then. Haven't been recently so I'm sorry to hear it has fallen into disrepair. If they can return the area to it's glory days quality I think that would be a good fit.
    it's pretty rough now...heck it was rough about 10 years ago when I last went. My friend went there a few months a go and her car was stolen out of the parking lot. The police later found it stripped.

• Mickeyfan3

I'd love to take an Alaskan cruise.....Alaska would be cool!!!!! (Someday I'll get to the caribbean....)
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center