• GO DBACKS!!

Disney Magic Dry Dock Enhancements

We know the Magic will be in dry dock from Sept. 6-24, but what changes will be made to our beloved ship?

DCL Press Release
    A Wave of Enhancements In-Store for the Disney Magic Cruise Ship as it Heads Into Dry Dock in September 2008
    CELEBRATION, Fla. – An exciting collection of enhancements awaits the Disney Magic as the ship heads into dry dock Sept. 6-24, 2008. The 2,700 passenger cruise ship will undergo a series of upgrades for guests of all ages.

Here is a glimpse at what’s in store:

Indulgence and Relaxation
    Quiet Cove, the serene pool retreat reserved for the enjoyment of adults, will undergo a makeover including upgrades to Cove Café, the pool and the deck area. Cove Café, the ship’s sophisticated coffee lounge, will incorporate a new seating area with plush, comfortable chairs providing the perfect venue to relax while sipping a cup of gourmet coffee. Meanwhile, the adult pool will be outfitted with soothing, cascading waterfalls from the two hot tubs. Teak deck and lounge chairs with plush cushions will line the pool, creating an inviting, stylish ambiance in line with the Vista Spa and Salon.

Fun for the Little Ones
    The Oceaneer Club, a Neverland-themed play space for 3-7 year olds, and the Oceaneer Lab, a whacky and interactive laboratory exclusively for 8-12 year olds, will be enhanced with new registration areas that make the check-in process more efficient and hassle-free. This sets the stage for incorporating Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology in the youth activity areas later this year, which will further enhance and streamline the check-in process. The technology uses RFID tags embedded on wristbands, allowing children to simply tap a sensor to check in and out of the clubs.
    Even the youngest cruisers will have a splashtacular time in “Mickey’s Splash Zone,” a new toddler water playground inspired by Fantasia’s Sorcerer’s Apprentice. This 385-square-foot extension to the Mickey Pool on deck 9 will feature star- and moon-shaped interactive fountains, a soft play surface and whimsical splash zones; creating an inviting environment for children not yet toilet trained and in swim diapers.

New Conveniences
    The guest staterooms onboard the Disney Magic are receiving an infusion of technology with the installation of flat-screen LCD television sets. The new 22-inch units will be mounted on a swivel arm to allow easy viewing from multiple locations within the stateroom.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: Disney Magic Dry Dock Enhancements

I'm surprised no one has commented on the installation of the new LCD TVs. I wonder where they are going to put them since they won't fit in the same space where the current ones are located.

When I told my DH he said "are they HD"?

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Oooh, I like the sound of the enhancements for the Quiet Cove and Cove Cafe since that's where I spent most of my time on the cruise. I loved the cushy chairs and couches they had outside the Cove Cafe, and now they're adding cush to the pool area too...yay!

• GO DBACKS!!

Here's a link to a short video from a Virginia news station showing the Magic in drydock. The ship headed back down to Florida early Sunday morning.

• Minion

Would anyone happen to have any pictures of these enhancements? We have a Cruise with Disney booked for Christmas next year and our daughter will be 1 1/2 years old and I know she will love the new water area!