Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disney Magic's 10th Anniversary Mexican Riviera Cruise

Welcome Aboard!

A little over a month later, I am posting a trip report from our July 27th sailing on the Disney Magic. Along with celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Magic, we were also celebrating my birthday.

We were aboard the Inaugural West Coast Sailing in 2005 so it had been a little over three years since we last sailed with Disney. On that cruise, we were engaged in front of the Walt Disney Theatre as part of the Golden Mickey's pre-show.

This area of ship had a very special place in our hearts so we made an effort to see it immediately after boarding.

It's the little touches of the ship that we really enjoy...

Then there are those very grand designs that make a lasting impression...

to be continued...
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-05-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Disney Magic's 10th Anniversary Mexican Riviera Cruise

I was very pleased to find out that our dining rotation consisted of three nights at Animator's Palate, definitely one our favorite places to enjoy a great meal and classic Disney entertainment. This rotation meant that we would be in Lumiere's our first evening.

A lot has happened since we last sailed. A wedding, a honeymoon, a house, and a family!

Here we are with our first born at Lumiere's.

On our second day, we discovered what was one of the highlights of our daughter's trip, at least through the eyes of mom and dad. These Playhouse Disney dancing sessions were very entertaining and a great way for our daughter to burn some energy. The little ones would pretty much spend an hour learning dance moves to their favorite Playhouse Disney theme songs.

Mommy and daddy got into the act as well...

Yea, I think she's enjoying herself...

The second evening of the cruise, first evening at Animator's Palate.

This evening was also the night of the Golden Mickey's show, one of our favorites.

to be continued...
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-05-2008 at 11:10 PM.

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Third Day: Cabo San Lucas

Our view of the ship when being taken ashore for our pool and resort getaway...

Our little one taking a little nap before a day of fun in the sun.

Our meeting spot...

Now that she's had her rest, she's ready to play!

A view of the ship and 'Land's End' from the resort

Our little bathing beauty...

more to come...
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-05-2008 at 10:59 PM.

• Don't mess with the duck!

What a way to celebrate a b-day! Loving the trip report so far. Looking forward to more.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

What a great TR! Your daughter is absolutely adorable.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report so far, can't wait to see more!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

I don't see ME in any of those pictures. What's up with that???

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!!!

July 30th, 10th Anniversary Day (Mazatlan):

Luckily, we didn't have any excursions planned for Mazatlan and had hoped to just lounge around on deck and lay by the pool.

Unfortunately, this was what we woke up to:

Pouring rain...

Happy 10th Anniversary, Magic!

Thanks to Disney, we were still able to enjoy ourselves and make the best out of the situation:

But it had cleared up by the late afternoon and a group of us gathered on Deck 10 to celebrate not only the Magic's 10th Anniversary but also a few birthdays:

Later that evening, there was a High School Musical Dance Party in Studio Sea. As painful as it sounds to some, this was a huge hit for all families and it was great to experience something that brings both children and parents together. Everyone in the room, grandparents, parents, and children were singing and dancing.

My daughter loved it and was dancing with the "big kids." What really made this a special event for her, and had a tremendous impact on our overall cruise experience, was a Cast Member by the name of Melita. She first saw Lily (daughter) dancing during the Playhouse Disney show and when she saw her at the High School Musical event, she picked her up and began dancing and singing with her. Lily loved it!

Every time we saw Melita during our cruise, she would always make an effort to say hello to Lily:

more to come...
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-08-2008 at 08:45 PM.

July 31st, Birthday Day (Puerto Vallarta):

We really didn't have anything planned for Puerto Vallarta other than to get off of the ship and do a little shopping.

A few shots of the ship on our way back from our family excursion:

Thanks, Disney!

When we got back on the ship, we discovered that they were having a Wii Bowling Challenge on the screen. Very entertaining to watch...

We had 6:00 reservations at Palo that evening with a very nice view of the city.

It was still early in the evening so it made for a nice quiet dinner inside Palo.

Another storm rolled in toward the end of our dinner. While I normally wouldn't mind, this evening was Pirate night with the firework finale. So we were hoping that when we left port, we would sail far enough away that the evening's festivities would go on as scheduled.

Fortunately, both the Pirate night and the fireworks went on as planned.

But the storm did make for a great backdrop on Pirate night.

I did my best to get a shot of the lightning in the background but I was unable to get any clear shots that evening.

More to come...
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-09-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
    I don't see ME in any of those pictures. What's up with that???
    I don't know what you're complaining about, it's very clear that you are in this picture...

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    I don't know what you're complaining about, it's very clear that you are in this picture...

From the angle you took that, you're right. I probably am in that picture...somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
    From the angle you took that, you're right. I probably am in that picture...somewhere.
    When I showed Susie the picture, she said she remembered seeing you down there and said that you might actually be in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    When I showed Susie the picture, she said she remembered seeing you down there and said that you might actually be in that picture.
    This is like playing Where's Waldo....drunk.

• World Traveler

Great TR and pics! Thanks.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...

As I was going through the rest of the photos, it was obvious that I hadn't taken a whole lot of photos the last couple of days. So I am combining the rest of our trip into one post.

We did do the Playhouse Disney dancing event again and ran into our favorite Cast Member, Melita, who lead the event.

8:00 am on Saturday morning was our character breakfast at Parrot Cay. Lily had a rough night's sleep so she was not in the best moods that early in the morning. It really was unfortunate since the characters were all right there at our table and she usually loves seeing them.

Not this morning...

We met with Cinderella, Snow White, and Belle in the Atrium on Saturday. Lily absolutely loved it.

Well, folks, that is all. We had a fantastic time filled with many magical memories. We anticipate another Disney Cruise in 2010 but nothing is solidified at the moment. Thank you all for visiting and your kind words.

Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-09-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast