Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney Cruise Honeymoon, Need help!

I remember the gym! It was really nice! That rainforest room is AWESOME! We are definitely going to try to use it when we go in December.

I didn't know they did Brunch for Palo...we just did dinner. How was the brunch? Details please....LOL

How was the Hyatt? I love MCO it is like a HUGE shopping mall!

I didn't spend a lot of time at the Hyatt; my friend took me out that evening. My honey enjoyed the pool, though.

The brunch: table of appetizers, table of teeny little yummy desserts (and since they're small, you can have several), and you order an entree (or three). We had a group, so we ordered several things and split it all. They had little pizzas, pastas, versions of eggs benedict, omelettes... I'd do it again.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    MissChristine is right! Book them online if you can! Palo books up EXTREMELY fast. I would highly recommend this! We weren't able to book it online, but we were able to book that when we got on the ship.
    That's the first thing we did when we got onto the ship - we bee-lined it over to, what's it called, Wavelengths(?) on Route 66 which is where they were taking care of the Paolo reservations. There was a bit of a wait, but it worked out perfectly.

That rainforest room is AWESOME! We are definitely going to try to use it when we go in December.
    I really enjoyed the rain-forest room. Especially the scented room! I think it was lavender-scented mist and it was so refreshing and wonderful. Wasn't a fan of the sales pitch we got after receiving our couples' massages and facials. $150 for a few packets of bath soak crystals? Thanks, but no thanks.

• Geoff London

I'd just like to add to Phonedave's comments above that it would be a good idea to get to the cruise terminal as soon as you can then if boarding does start at midday you can get on board, get unpacked and look around. You can aslo get a buffet lunch at Parrot Cay onboard. One thing to be borne in mind though is lifeboat drill. This takes place before departure and takes a good half hour. You don't want to be boarding when the klaxon goes off and you have to quickly grab your life jacket from your room and report to your "station" for muster drill.

Fly in the day before. The airport hotel is fine and it means you'll start you next day relaxed.

One other thing if you'd like some honeymoon treats in your stateroom and have your booking reference then have a look at the "My Disney Cruise" section of disneycruise.com and click on "gifts".
    They can arrange special gifts, flowers(start at $49), champagne, chocolates etc. at a price.
    The ultimate add on is the Romantic Escape which gives you a special gift, pass to the on board spa for the length of your cruise, romantic dinner at Palo, romantic turndown service and a champagne breakfast in bed! You might find it easier to ask your travel agent for more details.
    Last edited by geoffa; 01-16-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Minion

Great Ideas Geoffa!!!

• Geoff London

As for excursions, Palo bookings etc you can arrange on line but it all depends on what category you are in or whether you have cruised with them before - i.e. You are a Castaway Cay member.

So, for example if Concierge level (Cat 3 and above) 105 days in advance. If you do need anything at short notice then ask your Concierge - nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
    Castaway Cay members - 90 days in advance.
    All others - 75 days in advance.
    Also remember that if booking Palo there is an additional $15 cover charge PER PERSON for dinner and brunch. If on 7 day cruise - $5 charge per person for afternoon tea!

Also worth remembering that tips (Gratuities) are no longer included like they used to be. So take some envelopes and some cash to reward those crew members who do give you outstanding service! 15% is automatically added to bar bills/ wine / deck charges.

These are the recommendations:

What about gratuities?
    It is customary to give gratuities in recognition of service, which you will most likely be treated to in abundance aboard the ship. As a guideline, may we suggest the following:

Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night Dining Room Server $12.00 $16.00 $28.00 Dining Room Asst. Server $9.00 $12.00 $21.00 Dining Room Head Server $3.00 $4.00 $7.00 Stateroom Host/Hostess $12.00 $16.00 $28.00 Dining Manager Your Discretion Room Service Your Discretion Palo Gratuity included Vista Spa & Salon Your Discretion Babysitting Gratuity not expected Shore Excursions Optional; not included in shore excursion price. For your convenience, a 15% gratuity is automatically added to bar, beverage, wine and deck service tabs. All gratuities can be charged to your room charge.

At the Walt Disney World Resort, 15% is the customary gratuity at restaurants and bars.
    Last edited by geoffa; 01-16-2009 at 11:15 AM.

• Minion

Thee $15 per person is nothing compared to what you would have to pay if you paid for it all separately!

• Geoff London

The $15 per person is nothing compared to what you would have to pay if you paid for it all separately!
    True! True! But if you don't show you lose it. Although I can't imagine many who wouldn't show. Those chocolate souffles with the fragipan sauce.........my mouth is watering just thinking of them.

• Geoff London

One niggle. The departure cruise drink. They charge you for it! Considering what everybody has paid you think it would be complimentary. We always organise our own champagne (not bought on board).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    True! True! But if you don't show you lose it. Although I can't imagine many who wouldn't show. Those chocolate souffles with the fragipan sauce.........my mouth is watering just thinking of them.
    I had the lamb and my wife had the filet mignon. TO DIE FOR! Then we got about 2 appetizers and 6 desserts! We are going with my parents this next time (Christmas this year) and I can't wait to try even more food!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I think my husband and I may be the only ones who weren't blown away by our Palo dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed the dips that came with the breadsticks (we recreate othe own garlic mustard mayo dip all the time!) and the dessert was phenomenal. I'd almost go to Palo, if possible, just for the dessert and view.

• Minion

I'm sorry you had a not so great experience. But, if the desserts are great, everything else can suck! LOL JK

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

That was our state of mind! And the management/sommelier were fantastic.

• Geoff London

It sure is a beautiful experience with outstanding food -especially the desserts!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for everyone suggestions: here is what I have booked for my honeymoon.

We booked a criuse on the Disney Magic for August 1 - August 8. We will be flying into Orlando Airport the night before.

We also found this deal on-line from the La Quinta Hotel in Coco Beach. It was called Fly, Snooze, Cruise package. They will pick us up at the airport and take us to the hotel, then the hotel to the port, and finally the port to the airport. It was a great deal.

For the cruise we choose the 2nd dinner. What else do you think we should do on the boat. Any excursion recommendations?

Thanks again everyone!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast