Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Disney Cruise Honeymoon, Need help!

I am planning on taking a Disney Cruise for my Honeymoon. The cruise we are looking at is Disney Magic which leaves on July 25.

Should I book the flight with the cruise or separate?

What airport do I fly into?

Should I fly into Florida the night before or the morning of? If i fly in the morning of what time can I start boarding the ship?

Is transportation provided from the airport to the cruise?

If no transportation is provided, any suggestions?

Any help, suggestions would be great!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: Disney Cruise Honeymoon, Need help!

Lucky You! You're going to have so much fun!

-As far as flight, I would get a quote through Disney, a travel agent, and on line and go with the flight that best fits your schedule and budget. I booked mine through a travel agent and got the best deal.

-We flew into the Orlando airport (sorry, don't know what the official name is ) and flew in the day/night before. It's a long flight plus the 3 hour time change, so it basically takes most of the day to get there (from California). We left at 9 am and landed in Fla around 5 pm (and that was a direct flight). You also want to be able to sleep the night before, who wants to start a vacation so pooped you miss everything .

-We stayed at the Hyatt in the airport. Basically, we just landed, picked up our luggage, and walked right into the hotel. It was great to just settle in instantly. Orlando airport is like a giant shopping mall (including a food court), so there was plenty to do that night. They also have a shuttle from the airport that will take you directly to the cruise ship (sorry, I don't remember the cost...maybe around $30?).

- I think we could start checking in to board the ship around 11 am, and boarding started around 1 pm (not totally sure about the exact hours).

I think that's about it. I have a few pictures of the hotel from my trip report here (don't worry, they're right at the beginning of the report ):

We're just cruisin' along...

I'm sure you'll get more accurate information from others, and you've got plenty of time to check out all your options. I'm so jealous!

• GO DBACKS!!

Should I book the flight with the cruise or separate? Most of the time it is cheaper to book your own flight, not through Disney. As VF said a travel agent can help here as well. One reason not to book your flight thru Disney is that they get to choose which flight you will take, it is out of your control. I've heard that they often book you on a red eye so you arrive either really late at night or early the next morning...exhausted.

What airport do I fly into? You fly into MCO which is the Orlando airport.

Should I fly into Florida the night before or the morning of? If i fly in the morning of what time can I start boarding the ship? You will want to fly in the day before. It would be a nightmare to try to fly in the day of your cruise and encounter a delayed flight.

Is transportation provided from the airport to the cruise? As VF suggested, staying at the Hyatt at the airport is heavenly. So great to not have to work out transportation to a hotel and also the ship the next day. Disney's transportation buses leave directly from the Hyatt. A travel agent can also help arrange private transportation if you wish, such as a town car.

passporter.com is another site that is very helpful for planning a Disney Cruise. They publish "passporter" guide books that tell you everything you could possibly want to know about planning a cruise.

Good luck and congratulations!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Why can't you tune a fish

You have had good advice so far - arrive the day before.

One thing about transportation from your hotel to the cruise port.

If you take a "group" mode, such as a Disney bus or a hotel shuttle, you are constrained to the time it leaves. The ship "opens" earlyish in the day ( the exact time depends on when they are ready) You could be boarding the ship as early as around noon. That means that if your arranged bus gets to the port at 3, you are going to have to wait to check in with the other masses of people who arrived on busess. You will get in the ship around 4:00 or so (it leaves at 5:00)

Meanwhile if you used a private car service to get to the cruise port you could have arrived around 11:00, breezed through check in, and been on board at 12:00. Now you have 4 or 5 more hours to relax, get settled, book things like spa treatments, and enjoy the ship.

Me, I think the added expense of arranging for a car that leaves for the ship when YOU want it to is well worth it.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for everyone suggestions!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Minion

I am planning on taking a Disney Cruise for my Honeymoon. The cruise we are looking at is Disney Magic which leaves on July 25.

Book it separate. As others have said, if you book through Disney, you don't have a choice on which airline or what itinerary. For $50 more a person though you can request an airline or itinerary. Through Disney they also guarantee you will be on the ship. That is a nice perk, but if you fly in the day before then you have no worries.

MCO - Orlando International - If you fly in the night before I would recommend the Hyatt Hotel INSIDE the airport. You can go to Hotwire.com to get half off the usual fare they charge! We are doing that when we go in December.

Should I fly into Florida the night before or the morning of? If i fly in the morning of what time can I start boarding the ship?

My wife and I did a red-eye from Vegas and we were exhausted the first day of our cruise. I would highly recommend getting in the day before so you can relax and rest up for the amazing week ahead of you.

If you fly in the morning of, they do not allow people to board the ship until 11:30 I believe. I could be wrong though.

If you like, for about $75 per person round trip you can book the Disney Cruise Line Bus through Disney Cruise Line. It is pricey, but my wife and I loved it! Really gets ya in the Disney Spirit for the Cruise. They play a Disney Movie. Takes the hassle out of renting a car and finding your way there.

Suggestion above

Take a higlighter with you so you can highlight your "Navigator" each night. The Navigator is your daily itinerary (like a TV Guide) for everything that is going on in the ship.

If you drink, it is expensive...bring plenty of money for that.

Try to see every show they have on the ship. They are absolutely wonderful!

Castaway Cay was beautiful and we had ablast. We did the BIG excursion (about $55 a person) that included feeding/swimming with stingrays, bike riding, and snorkel gear for the day. This was our favorite stop!

St. Thomas was also beautiful! Be sure to just browse the shops and alleyways. The tram to the top of the mountain gives you a beautiful view of the island.

St. Maarten we didn't enjoy. We are going to try it again when we go for Christmas this year. A lot of people hounding us for timeshares and such. We spent an hour on the island and then got back on the ship. This was nice because the ship was deserted. WE LOVED IT!

Las but not least. ENJOY YOURSELVES! Let them know it is your honeymoon...sometimes they will go out of their way to acknowlegde you!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

You're going to have such a great time. We did the Disney Cruise for our honeymoon as well and it was wonderful.

You've got all the great advice you'll probably need from our experienced travelers. You really really should stay the night at the airport hotel. It makes the transition so much easier, and you begin to meet people who will be sharing your trip with you right then and there.

And don't forget to bring your wedding ears!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post

I would book it together, if you don't and for any reason you miss the boat, well you missed the boat and DCL is a lot more helpful in cases of emergency/airport closures/flight cancellations/missed connections etc. if you book them as part of the cruise package. (We have had a client miss his flight and was freaking out and DCL bent over backwards working with us to get him on that boat... and we did.) Make sure you buy the insurance, it's cheap and well if you have it your covered for almost everything, including if you loose your job and cannot afford to go anymore.

MCO = Orlando International Airport. Selected by default when you bundle the air in the package.

If your coming from the West coast Disney will automatically book you to come in the day/night before and they have you stay overnight at the airport hotel. Bell services will handle your bags and get them onthe bus for you.

It's selected in the system by default and I recommend it for all my clients, yes you can sometimes get a cheaper alternative than the DCL bus transport but if the rental car breaks down or you get lost and miss the boat your out of luck (unless you are a really really fast swimmer! JK) They will hold the boat for the DCL busses but not for persons traveling on thier own. They also handle the baggage transfers for you as well.

Look it's your honeymoon, do the DCL transfer to be safe or if you really want to do it up rent a limo, but I have to say DCL busses are probably your safest option.

(You don't want to start off the Marrige with your spouse yelling at you in the airport or the empty pier about how you had to save $20 and do it yourself... you have the rest of your life for that trust me... )

Well when you book through us, Magical Travel, (the forum sponsors) or transfer the reservations to us if you have already booked we'll guide you though the process and handle any questions and concerns for you, give you free shipboard credits (e.g $$$) to spend on your vacation, and book all your shore excursions and special requests directly with Disney on your behalf. That way you can focus on the wedding and relax knowing the honeymoon is taken care of! We'd be happy to help you out any way we can!

If nothing else you will save some money with the free shipboard credits. And for honeymooners I always try to arrange a little something special to add to the magic.. Nothing on earth beats a Disney Honeymoon!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    It's selected in the system by default and I recommend it for all my clients, yes you can sometimes get a cheaper alternative than the DCL bus transport but if the rental car breaks down or you get lost and miss the boat your out of luck (unless you are a really really fast swimmer! JK) They will hold the boat for the DCL busses but not for persons traveling on thier own. They also handle the baggage transfers for you as well.

I have done the Disney Bus and it does work out well, however I would rather pay EXTRA for car service and get there early and get on board early.

When I used the Disney Bus service, i seem to remember having to bring my bags to the baggage check. My memory could be off, but thats what I think it was.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Minion

We had the first bus out to the Port and made it there about an 1 hour to an Hour and a half before they let people on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    We had the first bus out to the Port and made it there about an 1 hour to an Hour and a half before they let people on the ship.

Thats all well and good, IF you get the first bus.

You don't get to choose, and you may get the last bus.

-dave

• Minion

The only reason I think we had the first bus was because our flight got in at 5am that morning. We did a red-eye which we will NEVER do again! LOL

We will be flying in the day before and probably staying at the Hyatt (possibly) so we can be on the first bus out. If not, no biggie. I was checking out Cocoa Beach which I think is nearby the Port so who knows, maybe we will stay there.

Anyone know the earliest you can check in for the cruise?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

OH!!

Don't forget to book your excursions EARLY. The popular ones fill up rather quickly.

• Minion

MissChristine is right! Book them online if you can! Palo books up EXTREMELY fast. I would highly recommend this! We weren't able to book it online, but we were able to book that when we got on the ship.

Go to Palo for brunch! It's wonderful.

I'd recommend letting Disney take care of your transportation to the ship, and your bags. As far as I remember, we left our bags outside our room at the airport Hyatt, and they appeared outside our stateroom on the ship about 6 that night. I'd take a day bag with a change of clothes, anything you might need for the first few hours on board the ship, swimsuit, that kind of thing. We flew in the night before and spent the night in the hotel. There is no way I was going to risk a missed connection or a late flight!

They start letting people on board about 11:30, more or less in order of when you checked in. You'll be able to get into your stateroom about.... 3 or so, something like that.

Take advantage of the gym. They don't have a lot of equipment, but they have enough and the view is right out over the bow.

Enjoy your cruise!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast