Question 12:50pm Flight Departure

The airlines changed both my flight in and out of Orlando. Both were changed from evening flights to morning/afternoon flights. And "no" I did not book them through DCL.
    I am now arriving the day before the cruise at about 12noon. I can figure out a few things to do that day.
    My real question is about the 12:50pm departure from Orlando. I know we need to disembark the ship by 9am. (I am eating the late shift for breakfast so I think that might range from 7:45-8:15am start times) Will I be able to use the airline check-in and boarding pass option from DCL or will I need to check my bag myself at the airport? (the cut-off time was flights after 1:00pm for this option) If I have to check-in in my bags myself, can I leave them in the hallway the night before, pick them up myself the next morning and then proceed to the airport? Or will I have the carry the bags around to breakfast? As you can tell I have never cruised before and this is my first time.
    Thanks ahead of time for any advice.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Grim Grinning

Re: 12:50pm Flight Departure

I have done two Disney cruises, you should be able to have the cruise line take care of your bags and boarding pass stuff. If for some reason they can't do it, you will still have plenty of time to get to the airport and check your bags. They have internet onboard, you could always check yourself in if you had to. Again, you shouldn't have to so any of that, the cruise line should have no problem doing that for you. Call and ask them if you have any questions, they are really friendly and can answer any questions you have.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: 12:50pm Flight Departure

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan View Post
    The airlines changed both my flight in and out of Orlando. Both were changed from evening flights to morning/afternoon flights. And "no" I did not book them through DCL.
    I am now arriving the day before the cruise at about 12noon. I can figure out a few things to do that day.
    My real question is about the 12:50pm departure from Orlando. I know we need to disembark the ship by 9am. (I am eating the late shift for breakfast so I think that might range from 7:45-8:15am start times) Will I be able to use the airline check-in and boarding pass option from DCL or will I need to check my bag myself at the airport? (the cut-off time was flights after 1:00pm for this option) If I have to check-in in my bags myself, can I leave them in the hallway the night before, pick them up myself the next morning and then proceed to the airport? Or will I have the carry the bags around to breakfast? As you can tell I have never cruised before and this is my first time.
    Thanks ahead of time for any advice.
    You cannot carry your bags around with you

If you are allowed to do the airline check in, they will take them and then send them on their way

If you are not allowed, you will still leave your bags in the hall. They will take them and process them through customs (while you are eating). You will be told what "zone" your bags will be in.

When you leave the ship, and take your body through customs, there will be a big room with all the bags in it. There will also be plenty of SkyCaps (or I guess SeaCaps). Your luggage will be in the "zone" specified. You go over, pick it up, and take it to your car/bus/taxi.

Think of it like baggage claim at the airport, only its waiting for you when you get off the ship, and its on a shelf, not on a moving belt.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Thumbs up Re: 12:50pm Flight Departure

Thank you both. I did speak with someone at DCL when I called to update my flight information. They told me to speak with someone at the Disney desk when I first arrive for the cruise transportation and see if it would be a problem. The gentleman on the phone didn't think it would be. But I wanted to double-check with people who have cruised and expeienced what I may or may not be going through. So thanks again, I really am looking forward to my first Disney (and first ever) cruise.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09