• Drunk On Disney

What is your favorite excurions on Castaway Cay?

SORRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMER! I meant "what ARE your favorites?" or "what IS your favorite?" The nuns at St. Paul's would be so mad at me!

And why? Do you do more than one a day?

Just curious, I am planning my first cruise.

Here are the listed excursions FYI:

(Soure WDWinfo.com)
    Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure (1 hour)
    An interactive experience that immerses guests into the fascinating underwater world of stingrays. In partnership with the Living Seas at Epcot, a stingray sanctuary has been developed adjacent to the Teen Beach. This 60-minute excursion includes an educational orientation featuring facts and tidbits about stingrays, hands-on interaction, and free-time to snorkel in the stingray lagoon.
    No one under the age of 5 is permitted. Children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult
    Adult Price: $35.00 (ages 10 and above)
    Child Price: $29.00 (5 - 9)

Walking & Kayak Nature Adventure (2.5 - 3 hours)
    Venture to the tranquil side of Castaway Cay. During a 45 minute walk to your kayak launch site your knowledgeable guide will make the Bahamas' geology and history come alive! When were the Islands of the Bahamas born? Where did the Bahamian people come from? Then you embark on a one-hour kayak excursion through the ecologically sensitive mangrove environment. Here you will learn about the importance of the mangrove ecosystem as a nursery for immature marine life and a habitat for birds. Your kayaks glide over shallow waters teeming with tropical fish, sponges and colorful coral formations. Enjoy a swim in the crystal clear waters off a secluded pure white sandy beach, where you will also explore the wonders of the seashore's tidal zones and their diverse vegetation. A twenty-minute hike brings you back to your tram stop This tour is a must for those that want to experience the natural beauty of Castaway Cay.
    Adult Price: $64.00 (ages 10 and above) No one under age 10.

Snorkel Lagoon Equipment Rental (all day)
    Discover marine life in our environmentally friendly snorkel lagoon. Pick up your gear at "Gils Fins and Boats" and head to the educational area where you can learn more about our 12-acre snorkel lagoon. Once in the water, you can follow the Discover Trail (for beginners) or the Explorer Trail for the more advanced swimmers. Your all day equipment rental allows you to enter and exit the waters as many times as you like. A great first snorkeling experience. This excursion is operated by Disney Cruise Line.
    Adult Price (ages 10 and up): $25.00
    Child Price (ages 5 to 9)$10.00

Glass Bottom Boat Scenic Voyage (1.5 hours)
    Your window to the underwater world is aboard a 46-foot glass-bottomed trawler. You'll embark on a 1.5 hour narrated eco tour. There are two window wells that provide views of the barrier reefs that protect Castaway Cay. You'll see a number of different types of fish, sea creatures and corals from your unique vantage point.
    Adult Price: $35.00 (ages 10 and above)
    Child Price: $25.00 (3 - 9)

Seahorse Snorkel Adventure (2 - 2.5 hours)
    This excursion will put the wind in your sails! You'll board a 63-foot catamaran that will whisk you away to a prime snorkeling spot amid the colorful reefs that encircle Castaway Cay. You'll be provided with snorkeling gear and a brief orientation, and then it's time to explore an amazing underwater world teeming with fascinating aquatic plants and animals. After snorkeling, complimentary snacks and beverages will be served before the return trip to Castaway Cay.
    Adult Price: $52.00 (ages 10 and above)
    Child Price: $36.00(ages 5-9) No one under age 5.

Float Rentals (all day)
    Relax and enjoy the swim lagoon on your very own float. Also, great to use for lying out on the beach. Clear inner tubes available for old-fashioned water fun.
    Adult Price: $6.00 all day rental
    Child Price: $6.00 all day rental

Bicycle Rentals (1 hour)
    Explore the trails and paths of Castaway Cay from an Island Bike. Child Seats are available. Children must be able to ride a bike and are required to wear a helmet.
    Adult Price: $6.00 per hour rental
    Child Price (Ages 5 - 9): $6.00 per hour rental

Boat Rentals
    Half Hour rentals area offered at Gil's Fins and Boats. This excursion is operated by Disney Cruise Lines. Boat rentals are for ages 5 and up and are walk up only. Subject to availability. Rentals are for a half an hour. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older.
    Aqua Fin: $15.00
    Sea Kayak: $8.00 one seater, $10.00 two seater
    Hobie Cat: $18.00
    Aqua Trike: $15.00
    Paddle Boats: $8.00 two seater, $10.00 four seater

The Wild Side (teens only)
    Snorkeling, biking and sea kayaking on the wild side of the island are part of this adventure for Teens only. This excursion is operated by Disney Cruise Line and is subject to availability depending on the teen count onboard.
    Teen Price: $35.00 (ages 13-17 only)

Parasailing (45 minutes, airborne 5-7 minutes)
    Come experience the fun, thrills and excitement of the most enjoyable parasail ride in The Bahamas. No experience required. Our parasailing ride is designed to be enjoyed by guests ages 8 and older. While soaring single or tandem high above beautiful Castaway Cay you will enjoy a spectacular view of the shimmering sand, turquoise water, and breath-taking skyline. An unforgettable experience with an ultra-modern, state-of-the-art winch-boat for a fun and comfortable ride. Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
    $79.00 all ages 8 and up

Castaway Cay Getaway Package
    This convenient package includes snorkel equipment and float rental for the entire day, plus a 1-hour bicycle rental. This excursion is operated by Disney Cruise Line.
    Adult Price: $32.00 (ages 10 and above)
    Child Price: $16.00 (ages 5-9)

Extreme Getaway Package
    This popular package combines the Castaway Cay Getaway Package with the Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure. This excursion is operated by Disney Cruise Lines.
    Adult Price: $54.00 (ages 10 and above)
    Child Price: $39.00 (ages 5-9)

Castaway Cay Bottom Fishing (2.5-3 hours)
    A memorable day is in store for the fishermen who set sail on this excursion. The bait and tackle are provided, and soda/water is also included. You'll cast out your line in the crystal clear waters of the Abaco islands. This excursion can accommodate up to 6 fishermen. The minimum age requirement is 6 years old. Children ages 6 - 12 must wear a life vest.
    Adult/Child Price: $117.00

Castaway Cay Island Cruise (1.5 – 2 hours)
    Enjoy a relaxing cruise around Castaway Cay while your narrator gives you an historical account of this Bahamian paradise. Hear stories of this area where some of the most infamous pirates sailed in years gone by. Complementary bottled water and fruit punch are provided.
    Adult Price: $39.00 (ages 10 and above)
    Child Price: $29.00 (ages 0-9)

Personal Watercraft (Jet ski) Eco Tour(1 hour)
    You'll board your Personal Watercraft (jetski) for a guided tour of Castaway Cay. It's a unique opportunity to learn about the island and it's ecology while piloting your own watercraft. Your first stop is the mangroves where your guide will talk about the ecosystem. Next, you're off to a fascinating glimpse into the history of the Bahamas and it's colorful marine life. Participants who are 16 to 17 years of age may drive with written permission from their parent/guardian. Passengers must be age 8 and up. Either a parent or guardian must sign an authorization for children participating in this excursion. Watershoes/sandals are strongly recommended, as are eyeglass straps.
    $95.00 for single rider
    $160.00 for driver and passenger.
    Last edited by Guy Hutchinson; 03-26-2009 at 09:54 AM.

• World Traveler

Re: What is your favorite excurions on Castaway Cay?

The only things I've done on Castaway Cay that might be considered "excursions" are renting a bike and renting one of the mechanized boats. While both were fun, the best thing to do at Castaway Cay is just to walk around and lay on the beach (Serenity Bay for me). The island isn't very big and there are trams to take you from the ship to the beach areas, so what you see on the bike is pretty much the same. Also, if you stay late enough, people will abandon their floats on the beach when they return to the ship, so I'll admit to "borrowing" one or two at the beach.

• Drunk On Disney

Good tips! Especially about the floats!!!

• Minion

the stingray adventure sounds awesome!

• Minion

I heard the glass bottom boat was terrible! That interested me when I read about it, but when I asked some friends who did it they said it was awful.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I think the Stingray Adventure is going to be on our list for sure. I think it would be fun to do the snorkeling, floats, and bikes as well, so we might get the Extreme Getaway Package. We're making 2 stops to Castaway Cay, so we'll have to decide if we want to do the big package on one day & just kinda hang out the other day or if we want to split it up between the two days.
    <o>

• Minion

Extreme Getaway Package seems like fun! When are you going again?

• Minion

There are so many excurisions I would like to do, but I am not even sure it's possible to do them all! I hear the Glass Bottom Boat is a waste of time, has anyone done that one? That one really isnt a "must" on my list of things to do though.