Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream ..Are All The Ship-Worthy Disney Names Used Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    The first thing that I thought of when I saw that one of the new ships was the Disney Dream was, I wonder if they're going to name another one Disney Celebration?

Silly marketing campaigns stuck in my head.

Celebration would have been a great name for a ship if it wasn't already being used by another cruise line. Your name however is quite beautiful ..Disney Rose. A rose by anyother name wouldn't sail half as sweet.

Very much encourage you to geerate any additional names you may think of.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream ..Are All The Ship-Worthy Disney Names Used Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, and Dream all sound like firework shows.
    You mean they don't do a nightly fireworks display on each of these ships while out at sea? I thought that came with the package.

If they need names for new ships, I think they should take inspiration from the classic films and characters:

Belle
    Beauty
    Fantasia
    Pixie Dust
    Aurora
    Lady

Some of them would sound better with the word "Disney" before them or "Of the Sea" after them.

Oooh! Disney Pixie Dust and Lady of the Sea are gorgeous names! Super idea, Dusty.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I really think Disney should keep characters OUT when naming their ships. The only characters that should be prominently featured are the ones sculpted into statue form in the lobby and the one hanging off of the stern of the ship. No more characters mentioned nor featured on the ship, especially at first glance. The ships' looks have always focused on a sophisticated and artistic feel, and never featured the characters prominently.

Speaking of the statue and figures.... I wonder who they are going to include in the newer ones? Maybe Cinderella and Aurora for the statues, and then have Chip and Dale hanging off of the stern on one and Pluto off the other?
    What you said about statues, stitchon, caused me to think how cool it would be if elegant statues of prominant Disney characters were featured in certain places on the ships ..dining halls, meeting rooms, etc. Cinderella Aurora, Tinkerbell, etc. Stern statues such as Chip and Dale, and Pluto would be a classy touch.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    "Floating Gift Shop"
    "Disney Wishes"
    "The Pressler", but then it'd probably just sink
    Disney Wishes has a wonderful ring.

I would hope that ships named "The Pressler" or the "Floating Gift Shop" would both quickly sink into the abyss. Years later, divers could have fun looking for Hidden Mickey's.

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I believe the Disney Imagination and Adventure are plausible
    Although neither is a character per sey ..Disney Imagination and Disney Adventure each have lots of character. Very well thought out names!

• All-American

I predicted one of the new ships would be named the Disney Dream since there were Magic, Wonder, and Dream Towers at the DL Hotel.
    More Ideas:

Disney Imagination
    Disney Wish
    Disney Discovery
    Disney Adventure
    Disney Inspiration
    Disney Romance
    Disney Friendship
    Disney Paradise
    Disney Romance
    Disney Princess
    And finally...
    Disney's Kingdom of the Seas (for a flagship!)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I predicted one of the new ships would be named the Disney Dream since there were Magic, Wonder, and Dream Towers at the DL Hotel. !)
    Pretty shrude, MarkTwain.

[quote=MarkTwain;1055266348More Ideas:

Disney Imagination
    Disney Wish
    Disney Discovery
    Disney Adventure
    Disney Inspiration
    Disney Romance
    Disney Friendship
    Disney Paradise
    Disney Romance
    Disney Princess
    And finally...
    Disney's Kingdom of the Seas (for a flagship!)[/quote]

I love each of these. The two that stand out most to me are Disney Inspiration and Disney Kingdom of the Seas. You have a vivid creative mind.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    No Celebration in the future for Disney.....Carnival has that one.
    Carnival no longer operates the Celebration, it was sold to Iberocruceros, which is a subsidiary of Carnival and is now the Grand Celebration. Carnival may still keep the name for future ships though.

I would also stay away from character names personally. Royal Caribbean has pretty much cornered the market for "of the Seas" names.

The Disney Imagination, Inspiration and Paradise ideas also probably wouldn't get past Carnival as they have ships named that themselves. The Pearl would probably also get looked at by NCL.

of the ones above that aren't taken, Disney Discovery and Disney Adventure sound the best to me.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Carnival no longer operates the Celebration, it was sold to Iberocruceros, which is a subsidiary of Carnival and is now the Grand Celebration. Carnival may still keep the name for future ships though.

I would also stay away from character names personally. Royal Caribbean has pretty much cornered the market for "of the Seas" names.

The Disney Imagination, Inspiration and Paradise ideas also probably wouldn't get past Carnival as they have ships named that themselves. The Pearl would probably also get looked at by NCL.

of the ones above that aren't taken, Disney Discovery and Disney Adventure sound the best to me.
    You're quite the cruise line name authority, Anders ..and an impressive one at that.

Disney Adventure and Disney Discovery rank highly with me as well. These are of course in line with Disney theme park lands. In line with that, I shall also suggest Disney Frontier and Disney New Orleans.

Love your new avatar!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You're quite the cruise line name authority, Anders ..and an impressive one at that.

Disney Adventure and Disney Discovery rank highly with me as well. These are of course in line with Disney theme park lands. In line with that, I shall also suggest Disney Frontier and Disney New Orleans.

Love your new avatar!
    I was a tourism major in college, plus I love the cruise industry. I would go with Disney Liberty rather than New Orleans, but again, both Carnival and RCCL have ships named Liberty.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Banned User

How about ?

1. Cruiseship Willie
    2. The Maleficent
    3. Blue Fairy

one (small) thing to consider is how the name of the ship is turned into a verb. The announcements on ship (and the employees) often end with "Have a Magical Day" (the Disney Magic)... "Have a Wonderful Day" (the Wonder).

I'm sure Disney might want to keep something similar with new ships.

We can already look forward to "Have a Fantastic Day" and "Have a Dreamy (?) Day"

Have a Belle Day???
    Yo soy Jeff

easytigercomedy.com
    artbyjefflee.blogspot.com

Carnival also already has a Fantasy ship and they are currently building a Dream ship, so I don't see why Disney wouldn't use the same names as other cruiselines in the future?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dizniz6 View Post
    Carnival also already has a Fantasy ship and they are currently building a Dream ship, so I don't see why Disney wouldn't use the same names as other cruiselines in the future?
    Point taken. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, and Dream all sound like firework shows.
    How about Magical

Oh wait... errmm...

Wonderful

Dreamlike

Umm Umm... yeah well those are two perfectly creative names right there! This is EASY!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    How about Magical

Oh wait... errmm...

Wonderful

Dreamlike

Umm Umm... yeah well those are two perfectly creative names right there! This is EASY!!!
    Perfectly crafted to a Wonderful, Magical, Dreamlike "t"!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JL Skellington View Post
    one (small) thing to consider is how the name of the ship is turned into a verb. The announcements on ship (and the employees) often end with "Have a Magical Day" (the Disney Magic)... "Have a Wonderful Day" (the Wonder).

I'm sure Disney might want to keep something similar with new ships.

We can already look forward to "Have a Fantastic Day" and "Have a Dreamy (?) Day"

Have a Belle Day???

Alright. How about the Disney PLEASURE.

"Have a.. pleasurable day! WINK WINK"

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast