Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• All-American

What would you like to see on the new ships?

What things would you most like to enjoy onboard the Dream and the Fantasy? These can as simple as new flavors of ice cream or grand armchair-imagineering concepts like new restaurants! Unfortunately there haven't been many design details released thus far, so that leaves it up to us to decide what we'd like on the new ships.

I'll start:

More restaurants, for less repeating on longer cruises, with a return of Animator's Palate
    A water slide that I can enjoy at 19 years old and 6'0"
    An ice cream bar with lots of flavors
    Maybe "Mushu's" for the signature restaurant with Chinese cuisine, or maybe "Ghepetto's" for some Italian
    Mini-golf (hey, it's been done)
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 04-11-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Re: What would you like to see on the new ships?

I would love to see mini golf on the next ships! Disney would do such a great job of creating clever holes with a disney theme. If they could put a Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland quality golf course, it would be great.

I am very excited about the restaurants as well. I think one of the ships should have a Cinderella themed formal dining room, with the other ship using another classic other than The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast (they are on the current ships).

Also, I was just reading about the new Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas, which will have an aqua theater (here is a link with a picture http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph..._N_796681c.jpg) Can you imagine how much farther disney could take this concept? They could create a mini fantasmic with fireworks and the like. That would truly be incredible.

• Minion

I'd love to see "me" on the new ships!
    I want my cake back!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd love to see an Under the Sea lounge which is below sea level and which has thick glass walls which allow you to watch the marine life from the comfort of a couch or chairs.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I know a Madhouse ride.
    Kidding.
    I nice little merry go round.
    Wata about a club penguin room that is a play area but themed on club penguin.
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by dizniz6 View Post
    I would love to see mini golf on the next ships! Disney would do such a great job of creating clever holes with a disney theme. If they could put a Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland quality golf course, it would be great.

I am very excited about the restaurants as well. I think one of the ships should have a Cinderella themed formal dining room, with the other ship using another classic other than The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast (they are on the current ships).

Also, I was just reading about the new Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas, which will have an aqua theater (here is a link with a picture http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph..._N_796681c.jpg) Can you imagine how much farther disney could take this concept? They could create a mini fantasmic with fireworks and the like. That would truly be incredible.
    Wow! That would be amazing if they could take this concept to the level of Fantasmic or DCA's World of Color.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'd love to see an Under the Sea lounge which is below sea level and which has thick glass walls which allow you to watch the marine life from the comfort of a couch or chairs.
    That's a very cool idea! It would be a great place to hang out, if maybe a little boring (if there was nothing to see) or even scary.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    I know a Madhouse ride.
    Kidding.
    I nice little merry go round.
    Wata about a club penguin room that is a play area but themed on club penguin.
    I've wondered before if Disney could put a dark ride on their ships. It would definitely be the sort of the unique touch only they could provide. They're already sort of halfway there in terms of putting in theme park attractions, now that they've decided to put in 3-D movies.

On my last cruise, the captain was discussing the new ships, and while he didn't say much, he did say he knew there would be things the cruising industry had never seen before. So we'll have to see!

• World Traveler

A planetarium. There is one on board Cunard's Queen Mary 2 and it's fabulous. On that ship, the screen dome lowers above the guests seats during a show. When the ship is in motion and there is a slight rolling motion, you get the sensation that you're in a spaceship or something.

At other times, the planetarium dome is retracted and it's a regular theater for presentations and movies.

Disney really should put one of these on their new ships.

Here's a photo of the planetarium on the QM2:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    What things would you most like to enjoy onboard the Dream and the Fantasy? These can as simple as new flavors of ice cream or grand armchair-imagineering concepts like new restaurants! Unfortunately there haven't been many design details released thus far, so that leaves it up to us to decide what we'd like on the new ships.

I'll start:

More restaurants, for less repeating on longer cruises, with a return of Animator's Palate
    A water slide that I can enjoy at 19 years old and 6'0"
    An ice cream bar with lots of flavors
    Maybe "Mushu's" for the signature restaurant with Chinese cuisine, or maybe "Ghepetto's" for some Italian
    Mini-golf (hey, it's been done)
    We haven't went on ours yet, but from what I've been reading and hearing, the new ships should include these below:

All you can eat Sushi
    Water Slides for adults (taking your idea) It has to be cool looking like the childrens one!
    Pirates Theme Bar for adults
    An attraction like Star Tours would be pretty neat, but that's asking for too much I know...

I feel like a little girl, jumping up and down yelling "are we there yet!? are we there yet?!" October is getting closer...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dizniz6 View Post

I think the Cinderella themed dinning room would be PERFECT!

• Diva Extrodinaire

Fireworks, a really cool water slide, and a dark ride!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Nice idea, but I dont think they can pull off a ride on the ship, that could be a little too much to take away from the disney cruise experience. They do need a really cool water slide, esp for us adults who are kids at heart! And fireworks are always a plus

• Still wants to be a cat!

They already do fireworks from the ships....it's awesome!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Nice idea, but I dont think they can pull off a ride on the ship, that could be a little too much to take away from the disney cruise experience. They do need a really cool water slide, esp for us adults who are kids at heart! And fireworks are always a plus
    Although I agree that a full-fledged dark ride might not match the tone of the ship, I think it would be really cool if they brought in more elements from the theme parks into the cruise ships - introducing that experience to cruising only Disney can provide. For example, Animatronics in the restaurants or a "Turtle Talk" type show. Fortunately, by installing 3-D projectors to the theaters, it sounds like they are already moving in that direction.

Oh, and based on rumors I've been hearing, I'm betting a grown-up water slide is in the works. (Actually, that's about the only design rumor I've heard about!)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    They already do fireworks from the ships....it's awesome!
    That they do! It's a great show!

I'm amazed Disney was/is allowed to do that - the international ocean laws they must have had to skirt around...

• 1 man can make a difernce

I would love to see a florider like on the Freedom class ships.

• Drink life to the lees.

It would be awesome if they put a better version of Crush's Coaster, along with Fantasmic!, World of Color, and Turtle Talk on the new ships!!!
    When will we start to hear actual details??? They should start booking sometime in the fall for 2011 right????? They have to tell us something before they start booking..... or do they....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast