Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What's your experience on the Disney Cruise Line

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I've only been on one, but it was fantastic. We took the 15-day reposition cruise that went through the Panama canal.

Kids- had their own floor to hang out on, and their own pool. I'm not a huge fan of kids, and I was not really prepared for a zillion of them on the cruise, but they were kind of invisible. I think most of the time they stayed in the kid area, with things to play on, movies, and a mad-scientist lab. I almost never saw kids. Then again, the reposition cruise, which was May, didn't have a lot of kids on board. I think most of them were still in school.

Activities on board- I frequently wanted to clone myself. They had wine tastings, tequila tastings, cheese seminar and tasting, talks, movies... I forget all the things they had, but you could stay busy if you wanted to. Or you can spend the time on deck getting some sun.

I really want to go again.

Thanks this was great to read over. Kids arent a huge deal to me, I love kids although alone time is always nice but I guess kids are just expected because it is a "Disney" Cruise. Than again some of the kid stuff looks fun!!!! I dont think we're expecting too many kids because we'll be going in October. So that will be okay after all!

Activities- You did a 15 day, we're doing a 7 day, so I hope we manage to do everything we'd like to do!!! You should def go again if you enjoyed it that much!

And you better believe I'll be making some time to get some sun! On deck or the beach I am there!!!!
    How was the formal dinners? How was your stateroom?

We had a great stateroom. Ours was aligned along the length of the ship, though most of them are aligned sideways (from the center to the outside). I liked ours better- you walked into the center of the room, facing the couch, rather than walking in on the narrow end of the rectangle and have to go past the bathroom and the bed to get to the couch.

There were.... 2 formal dinner nights, I think. They're not strict, which is good! I wore a dress and that was about all I was willing to do. Some of the gals, though, went whole hog! You might be able to log into the website and see a plan for the nights so you know what to plan for.

Oh, and don't bring an insane amount of clothes. We brought clothes for all 15 days, but only wore about half. There are washers on board, and you're changing clothes during the day anyway. You wear shorts during the day, and change into pants for dinner (I think I remember they want business casual dress at dinner- no shorts, no bathing suits, that kind of thing).
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    We had a great stateroom. Ours was aligned along the length of the ship, though most of them are aligned sideways (from the center to the outside). I liked ours better- you walked into the center of the room, facing the couch, rather than walking in on the narrow end of the rectangle and have to go past the bathroom and the bed to get to the couch.

There were.... 2 formal dinner nights, I think. They're not strict, which is good! I wore a dress and that was about all I was willing to do. Some of the gals, though, went whole hog! You might be able to log into the website and see a plan for the nights so you know what to plan for.

Oh, and don't bring an insane amount of clothes. We brought clothes for all 15 days, but only wore about half. There are washers on board, and you're changing clothes during the day anyway. You wear shorts during the day, and change into pants for dinner (I think I remember they want business casual dress at dinner- no shorts, no bathing suits, that kind of thing).
    I am almost ready for the formal nights! I have one dress so far, I need one more. I normally over pack anywhere I go... You just never know what you'll need! Hey do you happen to have any photos from your cruise?

Let me see if I can find the link.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

http://flickr.com/gp/62443344@N00/413b07

Some of them are from the night before we left- I went out with some friends to the now-gone Pleasure Island.

• Minion

Thank you so much for sharing these with me!

• GO DBACKS!!

We were on the cruise with Kerry and Shawn. I know when we were planing I scoured the web for any pics I could find. Here is the gallery of our pics. Earkid's photos

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    We were on the cruise with Kerry and Shawn. I know when we were planing I scoured the web for any pics I could find. Here is the gallery of our pics. Earkid's photos
    WOW, great photos! Thanks Earkid! Those were beautiful!!!!

• 1 man can make a difernce

Those are definately fabu!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    WOW, great photos! Thanks Earkid! Those were beautiful!!!!
    Thank you! You need to reciprocate and post your cruise pics when you return.

• Minion

Thank you! You need to reciprocate and post your cruise pics when you return.
    I most certainly will!

I really liked the professional pictures too; they are really nice to have. The formal ones are great because people normally don't get dressed up to have their portraits done anymore.

• GO DBACKS!!

Thanks Denise.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Hey MarkTwain!

So my next question is which stateroom did ya stay in? Did you enjoy the rooms?
    Sorry I've been away for so long! I've been in Denver for over a week.

Anyway, I've stayed in staterooms ranging from Category 5, which has a balcony, to Category 10, which is inside and doesn't have a porthole. Obviously the Category 10 may be more desirable, but now I really like staying on the 7th floor with an outside porthole, which I think is a category 8... I didn't use the balcony much anyway (I'm always out and about), and it's very nice to climb only 2 flights of stairs to get to the decks.

Regardless of your stateroom's category, all are very comfortable and larger than most other cruiseline's ships, and are wonderfully decorated... my Dad always jokes about stealing the clocks and bedspread .

• All-American

D'oh! Meant to tell you earlier... be sure to visit the kick-off party on the decks the day you get on! Free food, and you get to hear the ship's famous horn. I never miss it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast